Shoppers are ‘obsessed’ with Kmart’s mini cookware range!

Kmart has recently launched a new 'mini cookware' range that has taken the country by storm.

The line, which includes a variety of miniature kitchen appliances, has been hailed as a 'true genius' by thousands of shoppers.

But what is it about this range that has captured the hearts of Australians?

The mini cookware range includes a rice cooker, noodle cooker, snack maker, waffle maker, grill press, and many more.

Each appliance is designed to be compact, easy to use, and perfect for small portion sizes.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 10.21.23 AM.png
Kmart’s mini cookware range has been the talk of the town. Credit: Facebook

This makes them ideal for those living in small spaces, such as apartments or caravans, or for those who simply enjoy the convenience of quick and easy meal preparation.

One mum has shared how she uses the new range to satisfy her children's pre-dinner snack cravings.

‘After school, “Can I have a snack?” is the standard greeting I hear from my children. I would prefer a simple hello, but we choose our battles. So, I set up a snack station in the pantry. The obsession with the Kmart mini appliances is real,’ she said.

Her children, aged 10 and 12, are able to use the snack station themselves whenever they're hungry, experimenting with different foods and recipes.

She posted a photo of her snack station, complete with cutlery, sauces, and a Mini Rice Cooker ($15), Mini Noodle and Multicooker ($15), Mini Bitesize Snack Maker ($15), Mini Waffle Maker ($15), and Mini Grill Press ($9).

The small portion sizes of the appliances are a hit because they prevent the kids from filling up before dinner, and they're much easier for the kids to manage.

'My daughter likes to make pizza pockets and scrambled eggs. My son makes fried eggs and toasted sandwiches. They are only new, so still experimenting,' she said.

The mini range has also been praised for encouraging children to be creative and learn to cook for themselves.

'That is so cute! Let kids be creative, and cooking for themselves gives them encouragement,' a mum wrote.

'I love it.'

'This is genius. My nine-year-old loves making his own breakfast egg with the yellow one and the waffle maker. I don't have to worry about him now, he even makes his older brother's food,' another mum added.

The mini appliances are not just for kids, though.

One woman shared how she uses the range in her caravan.

'I live in a caravan, and I have all the little things, it's made cooking for one so much quicker and easy to store them. Love these!'

'Wow, you are good! I'm like, “Grab a piece of fruit,” apples are good—no preparation,' a mum said.

The budget prices and high quality of the kitchen buys have also been applauded.

The mini rice cooker, for example, can make 1.5 cups of rice and has a function to keep the rice warm while you eat or finish up with the main meal.

The mini noodle cooker can be used to make eggs or heat up homemade rice and noodle dishes without using a big wok.

The bite-size snack maker is perfect for making fried eggs, omelettes, mini muffins, and more, while the mini hot plate can even be used for desserts, cheesecakes, or custard.

The mini waffle maker and mini grill press have revolutionised breakfast and lunch, with one customer saying, 'This little single waffle maker is exactly what I wanted. I can quickly cook one or two waffles for a snack or meal. I used cheese and egg to make a gluten-free burger.'

The mini grill press has also been praised for its versatility.

'I love the grill press. I make burgers in bulk and freeze [them], and this is perfect for reheating, adding crispness to the outside because the microwave makes them soggy,' a mum said. Others have used the press to grill halloumi, vegetables and pineapple.

If you can’t get enough of Kmart’s mini cookware range, find out more about it here!
Key Takeaways
  • Australians are captivated by Kmart's new 'mini cookware' range, designed for convenient small-scale cooking.
  • A Sydney mum has shared how she set up a snack station with these appliances to satisfy her children's pre-dinner snack cravings.
  • The mini appliances include a variety of items such as a rice cooker, noodle cooker, snack maker, waffle maker, and grill press, all offered at affordable prices.
  • Shoppers are impressed with the versatility and quality of the mini cookware, using them for everything from breakfast to desserts, and applauding their space-saving benefits for those with limited kitchen space.
Have you tried any of these mini cookware appliances? Share your experiences and recipes in the comments below!

Sponsored
They are sooo cute. Space savers for campers as well. Love them
I bought the little yellow snack maker a couple of months ago and I have used it quite a bit. It's great for me when I am home alone, I have cooked baby spinach, cabbage and have even heated up a chop and gravy in no time at all. For me it's a great buy for $15:00
They are sooo cute. Space savers for campers as well. Love them

Reactions: Littleboy8
The mini rice cooker is lovely! Perfect rice for one person - or for two people if you only want a little portion of rice each with your meal.
I will check it out, there are times I feel like rice but cooking on the stove top, or rice cooker seems like a waste of time and hard work

Reactions: Littleboy8
At last, Senior Citizen size appliances!!! Thank you Kmart for taking the lead here.
I just wish our supermarkets would take up the need for smaller portion sizes now. So many people live alone these days not just Seniors.
I am so fed up with having to buy larger sizes than I need.

Reactions: marni