Shopper's 'annoying' discovery leads to a heated confrontation with retail workers

We here at the SDC love nothing more than a good old-fashioned grocery haul. There's just something exciting about stocking up on essentials, giving new products a go, and strolling around the store to keep an eye out for your favourite items on special. I guess you could say this is further proof that we’re getting old…

But as much as we love going shopping, there's no denying that it can sometimes be a bit of a nightmare… And this Woolworths customer has had enough of it.

Posting on TikTok, Tasmanian shopper Clint shared footage that showed 10 trolleys and ‘roll cages’ blocking shelves in an aisle. The trolleys and cages contained boxes of new stock. They were placed there by employees who were replenishing shelves.

In the TikTok video, Clint can be heard venting out his frustrations as the trolleys made the aisles inaccessible.

‘I just went to Woolworths, don’t you just love being able to see what you’re looking for?’ he said.

‘This is bulls***, look at all these trolleys. No workers. You have to move these trolleys out of the way to see what you want – and it’s in every aisle.’

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 8.53.41 AM.png
The shopper was infuriated with the trolleys that were left unattended. Source: @clint_pearce_321

The customer added the hashtag ‘#notgoodenough’.

However, his brief rant sparked outrage among TikTok users, with many coming to the supermarket staff’s defence.

‘I’m guessing you would complain if the shelves were empty too?’ one user said.

‘How else do you think the stock gets on the shelf?’ another chimed.

‘This man is acting like he’s paying them.’ a third criticised, while another sarcastically said: ‘Gee, mate. It’s a hard life!’

Several retail workers were also quick to slam the shopper in the comments section, with one arguing: ‘It’s pushed to the side, so it’s not in people’s way. Stop complaining about retail unless you do it.’

Source: @clint_pearce_321

‘F***, mate… We have to get the job done somehow.’ another retail worker wrote.

‘It can’t always be helped. I worked at one of the busiest stores in Brisbane. We had a tiny storage room.’ a third added.

‘Tell me you’ve never worked retail without telling me.’ another shared.

However, some sided with the shopper, agreeing that it was an ‘annoying’ issue.

‘They should not be doing this at peak times.’ responded one.

Another said: ‘It’s the same here in NSW. When you go shopping, a lot of the items you want or need aren’t easily accessible.’

‘Nothing annoys me more than that.’ one more sneered.
Key Takeaways

• Posting on TikTok, Clint shared footage that showed 10 trolleys and ‘roll cages’ obstructing shelves in an aisle.
  • He slammed the supermarket as he struggled to access grocery items.
  • Many defended Woolworths and its staff. Some retail workers also responded to the video, hitting out at the shopper over his complaint.
What are your thoughts about this story? Have you ever experienced a similar issue in your local store? Which side are YOU on? Let us know in the comments.

Sponsored
Well, it happens a lot and it’s annoying. However, it’s a first world problem. Let’s just deal with and move on.

Reactions: Maurie7
We here at the SDC love nothing more than a good old-fashioned grocery haul. There's just something exciting about stocking up on essentials, giving new products a go, and strolling around the store to keep an eye out for your favourite items on special. I guess you could say this is further proof that we’re getting old…

But as much as we love going shopping, there's no denying that it can sometimes be a bit of a nightmare… And this Woolworths customer has had enough of it.

Posting on TikTok, Tasmanian shopper Clint shared footage that showed 10 trolleys and ‘roll cages’ blocking shelves in an aisle. The trolleys and cages contained boxes of new stock. They were placed there by employees who were replenishing shelves.

In the TikTok video, Clint can be heard venting out his frustrations as the trolleys made the aisles inaccessible.

‘I just went to Woolworths, don’t you just love being able to see what you’re looking for?’ he said.

‘This is bulls***, look at all these trolleys. No workers. You have to move these trolleys out of the way to see what you want – and it’s in every aisle.’

View attachment 7358
The shopper was infuriated with the trolleys that were left unattended. Source: @clint_pearce_321

However, his brief rant sparked outrage among TikTok users, with many coming to the supermarket staff’s defence.

‘This man is acting like he’s paying them.’ a third criticised, while another sarcastically said: ‘Gee, mate. It’s a hard life!’

Several retail workers were also quick to slam the shopper in the comments section, with one arguing: ‘It’s pushed to the side, so it’s not in people’s way. Stop complaining about retail unless you do it.’

‘It can’t always be helped. I worked at one of the busiest stores in Brisbane. We had a tiny storage room.’ a third added.

Another said: ‘It’s the same here in NSW. When you go shopping, a lot of the items you want or need aren’t easily accessible.’

Key Takeaways

• Posting on TikTok, Clint shared footage that showed 10 trolleys and ‘roll cages’ obstructing shelves in an aisle.
  • Many defended Woolworths and its staff. Some retail workers also responded to the video, hitting out at the shopper over his complaint.
What are your thoughts about this story? Have you ever experienced a similar issue in your local store? Which side are YOU on? Let us know in the comments.

some people just like to Winge there is ample room to move around

Reactions: Maurie7
Shelves should be restocked in night time how it was done in good days ,before big greed set in.
They usually are stocked at night. 'Big greed' as you call it, has always been around. Shoppers are definitely becoming 'whinging Karens' over the teeniest things now though. Everyone needs to calm down.

Reactions: Ezzy and Stanier123
Whinge Whinge Whinge, they'd also whinge if they went in and found the shelves empty.
Reminds me of Franklins 48 years ago. Cheapest store but you to remember what shelf to find stuff as they were hidden behind trolleys.

View attachment 7358

Key Takeaways

Reactions: Ezzy
When Franklins was around you had to be Sir Edmund Hilary to get over the boxes in the aisles. Suck it up we are all suffering , stop being a Princess.

View attachment 7358

Key Takeaways

The personal shoppers doing the click and collect orders are what gets me. I understand they have a job to do. But we aren’t grocery shopping for the fun of it nor do we have all day. So many times I’ve been rudely pushed out of the way so they can fill the orders. They expect you to get out of their way when you have a trolley full (and I only use the smaller trolleys due to limited back strength). I just completely get out of their way if I see them coming now as I find it’s easier than being treated as a second class citizen instead of a paying customer!

Reactions: Ezzy
The personal shoppers doing the click and collect orders are what gets me. I understand they have a job to do. But we aren’t grocery shopping for the fun of it nor do we have all day. So many times I’ve been rudely pushed out of the way so they can fill the orders. They expect you to get out of their way when you have a trolley full (and I only use the smaller trolleys due to limited back strength). I just completely get out of their way if I see them coming now as I find it’s easier than being treated as a second class citizen instead of a paying customer!
Definitely not good enough. Don't they realise it is also the people who shop in the store who pay their wages? Staff doing a click & collect order have a list showing the location of those items & because there is more than one aisle to visit could come back or perhaps more than one item is needed per aisle, again meaning they could return.

Reactions: Jen77au
Definitely not good enough. Don't they realise it is also the people who shop in the store who pay their wages? Staff doing a click & collect order have a list showing the location of those items & because there is more than one aisle to visit could come back or perhaps more than one item is needed per aisle, again meaning they could return.
Too many shoppers gas bagging in the aisles. Shopping is definitely having lists and buying stuff. If you want to catch up go to a coffee shop.

Reactions: Ezzy and Jen77au