Shoppers’ excitement hits ‘mug-nificent’ scale as Aussie favourite ALDI dessert makes a sweet return

ALDI's shelves have once again been graced with a treat that's causing a stir among dessert aficionados and bargain hunters alike.

Shoppers have been flocking to stores to grab a highly anticipated product that has quickly become a must-have.

With a tempting price point and a reputation for indulgence, this deal has sparked interest among those eager to score a delicious treat without breaking the bank.

The return of the 99c Cake in a Mug has ALDI shoppers racing to their local store, eager to indulge in what can only be described as an irresistible ‘guilty pleasure’.

The excitement began with an enthusiastic post showcasing images of the returning treats.

‘They are back, and I'm so excited!!’ one ALDI shopper exclaimed. ‘Run, don’t walk…or don’t…more for me.’

image (22).jpg
ALDI’s popular 99c Cake in a Mug is back on shelves, sparking great excitement among customers. Credit: Tiktok / Clayton Jay

Haven’t experienced these delightful mugs of joy yet? According to social media buzz, you’re truly missing out.

The White Mill Cake in a Mug offers a tempting array of flavours: Triple Choc Brownie, Double Choc, and Sticky Date.

Simply add milk, microwave, and you’ll have a gooey, indulgent cake in minutes. It’s like enjoying a cake instantly, with minimal effort!

‘Oh no!!! They are soooo good! And I just got over my addiction to them,’ one customer shared.

The ALDI group was thrilled to the point of excitement, similar to a child in a lolly store, upon discovering that this dessert was back on the shelves.

One Aussie shared her secret to make them even better: ‘I make as per pack, then once cooked, I get a few pieces of caramel chocolate and push them into the cooked cake while it’s hot. Wait a few mins to cool a little, then top with a dollop of cream. You’re welcome.’

Social media creator Clayton Jay revealed his tip for enhancing the Sticky Date Brownie Cake in a Mug by mixing in Misty's Brandy Salted Caramel sauce, almond milk, and Ben & Jerry's S'wich Up ice cream. He assured his viewers that this would make it ‘Absolutely delicious!’

‘Scoop of ice cream on top and a perfect winter treat,’ another fan chimed.

It's not just adults who are excited—kids are enjoying them as well!

‘My grandkids just love the fact they can cook their own cake. Like everything else at ALDI, here one day, gone the next,’ one grandparent shared.

The return of the cake has generated such buzz that it even reached the ‘please-god-let-there-be-some-left’ level of excitement.

‘Thank God! I've been waiting for this!’ one customer remarked, while another wished, ‘Let there be some left when I go shopping [on] Thursday.’

With ALDI's irresistible 99c cake in a mug creating a buzz and reigniting dessert cravings, it's clear that finding affordable, quick treats is on everyone's mind.

But why stop there? If you’re looking to elevate your dessert game even further, there’s an easy way to turn your average supermarket cake into a showstopper.

Check this as we reveal a simple trick that can transform your store-bought cake into a memorable treat for any occasion.
Key Takeaways
  • ALDI has reintroduced the popular 99c Cake in a Mug to its shelves, generating considerable excitement among customers.
  • The White Mill Cake in a Mug is available in several flavours and is simple to make using just milk and a microwave.
  • Shoppers shared their personal tricks and upgrades for enhancing the mug cakes, adding indulgent toppings and mix-ins.
  • The product has proven to be very popular with both adults and children, causing fans to rush to stores in hopes of securing their own before stock runs out.
Have you tried this ALDI favourite? Do you have your own ways of upgrading the dessert? Share your experiences and tips in the comments below!

Sponsored