Shopper finds disgusting surprise in ALDI baked beans: You won't believe what was floating on top!

Ready-to-eat canned foods have been a convenient, budget-friendly option for busy nights or lazy weekends when you don’t feel like cooking.

However, as with all convenience foods, there’s always a risk that you might be less than impressed with the final result.

From hidden preservatives and high sodium levels to unexpected flavours and textures, you never really know what’s in store for you.

And we bet you certainly weren't expecting what one 26-year-old ALDI shopper experienced when she opened a tin of Corale Baked Beans.

After returning home from her grocery run, the Welsh native removed the lid on her ready-eat meal, only to find something horrific – an object that appeared to be a dead snake floating on top of the red sauce.

Upon closer inspection, the customer, who preferred to remain anonymous, claimed that the mysterious object featured ‘something grey and black with distinctive markings’.

1683262684817.png
A shopper was shocked to discover an ‘object’ resembling a snake in a can of baked beans she purchased from ALDI. Credit: Twitter/ALDI.

Too shocked and scared to even touch the offending item, she took a photo and posted it to Twitter with the caption: 'So um…is that a snake in my beans?'

'I almost threw the tin across the room when I opened it up and saw what was inside.’

'I physically couldn't bring myself to touch it. So I poked it with a fork and it all moved at once, after which point I refused to look again.'

Fellow social media users were understandably horrified, with one person deeming it 'traumatising' and another vowing to 'never eat beans again'.

'I can't even look at that – oh my,' a sympathetic fellow shopper commented.

Determined to do something about it, the woman 'wrapped it up' and took the can to ALDI to complain. The store staff were understandably apologetic and offered her two bottles of wine as a goodwill gesture.

While the snake-like object remains a mystery, an ALDI spokesperson told the publication that a possible cause could be a ‘breach in the packaging which has allowed air to enter and cause the item to perish’.

The representative also encouraged customers encountering such a problem with an item to return it to their local store for a refund.

Key Takeaways
  • An ALDI shopper found what appeared to be a 'dead snake' in a can of Corale baked beans.
  • The horrifying find has gone viral on social media, with users expressing disgust and shock.
  • The 26-year-old woman was too scared to investigate the strange 'creature' and took it to ALDI to complain, receiving two bottles of wine as a goodwill gesture.
  • An ALDI spokesperson suggested a possible cause could be a breach in the packaging, allowing air to enter and cause the item to perish, and urged customers to return problematic items to their local store for a refund.

Considering the mishap, we can all agree that vigilance is crucial when opening canned goods or pre-packaged food products.

Always ensure that the packaging is intact, and never hesitate to report any issues to your local store so they may address the problem and prevent any similar incidents.

1683262684865.png
Shopping and storing tips for canned goods. Credit: Seniors Discount Club.

After all, our goal at the Seniors Discount Club is to ensure you have a safe, satisfying shopping experience, whether it's at ALDI or any other supermarket.

Sponsored
If it was a snake, how did it get in there? How would it fit? Therefore how did it not get seen before packaging? Doesn't say much for the cleanliness of the factory. Puts me off can foods all together. Yikes! I would react the same way.

Looking at it from a distance it sure looks like a snake , fitting in a car that size it would have to be a very small snake. 🤔

If you zoom in you can see the shape of the bake beans which makes me think it is mold growing on top of the bake beans and how it has grown makes it look like a snake.

I have opened a tin before it was either baked beans or spaghetti and seen similar which was mold

Looking at it from a distance it sure looks like a snake , fitting in a car that size it would have to be a very small snake. 🤔

If you zoom in you can see the shape of the bake beans which makes me think it is mold growing on top of the bake beans and how it has grown makes it look like a snake.

I have opened a tin before it was either baked beans or spaghetti and seen similar which was mold

1. Looks more like mould. 2. Both cans shown are not the same - one is white with a red band while the other one is blue, so I hope the brand named Corale is not being abused at someone’s whim. That is a serious offence and she can be sued for suggesting, by the photographs, that Corale is the brand of the offending tin of beans.

I have recently come across a number of cans of food in my nearest Coles store (cannot recall the particular product) with dents in them. I have always been of the opinion that if a can of food can be dented then that indicates air has been allowed into it. I never buy any can of food with even the slightest dent.

1. Looks more like mould. 2. Both cans shown are not the same - one is white with a red band while the other one is blue, so I hope the brand named Corale is not being abused at someone’s whim. That is a serious offence and she can be sued for suggesting, by the photographs, that Corale is the brand of the offending tin of beans.

I have recently come across a number of cans of food in my nearest Coles store (cannot recall the particular product) with dents in them. I have always been of the opinion that if a can of food can be dented then that indicates air has been allowed into it. I never buy any can of food with even the slightest dent.
Yes, I agree. They are not the same cans. I hope the woman clears this up for her sake.

Food in cams can go off. I once had a tin of condensed milk in my pantry and not having used it on a regular time, one day I saw a black mess on the wall at the back of the pantry on investigation it was the condensed milk. At some time it had exploded, the can was misshapen and the milk had sprayed out onto the wall. Oh, what a mess it was. I now check any items that have not been used for a while just in case it happens again.

Reactions: Cool Lynda and Gsr
Ready-to-eat canned foods have been a convenient, budget-friendly option for busy nights or lazy weekends when you don’t feel like cooking.

However, as with all convenience foods, there’s always a risk that you might be less than impressed with the final result.

From hidden preservatives and high sodium levels to unexpected flavours and textures, you never really know what’s in store for you.

And we bet you certainly weren't expecting what one 26-year-old ALDI shopper experienced when she opened a tin of Corale Baked Beans.

After returning home from her grocery run, the Welsh native removed the lid on her ready-eat meal, only to find something horrific – an object that appeared to be a dead snake floating on top of the red sauce.

Upon closer inspection, the customer, who preferred to remain anonymous, claimed that the mysterious object featured ‘something grey and black with distinctive markings’.

View attachment 19177
A shopper was shocked to discover an ‘object’ resembling a snake in a can of baked beans she purchased from ALDI. Credit: Twitter/ALDI.

Too shocked and scared to even touch the offending item, she took a photo and posted it to Twitter with the caption: 'So um…is that a snake in my beans?'

'I almost threw the tin across the room when I opened it up and saw what was inside.’

'I physically couldn't bring myself to touch it. So I poked it with a fork and it all moved at once, after which point I refused to look again.'

Fellow social media users were understandably horrified, with one person deeming it 'traumatising' and another vowing to 'never eat beans again'.

Determined to do something about it, the woman 'wrapped it up' and took the can to ALDI to complain. The store staff were understandably apologetic and offered her two bottles of wine as a goodwill gesture.

While the snake-like object remains a mystery, an ALDI spokesperson told the publication that a possible cause could be a ‘breach in the packaging which has allowed air to enter and cause the item to perish’.

The representative also encouraged customers encountering such a problem with an item to return it to their local store for a refund.

Key Takeaways

• An ALDI shopper found what appeared to be a 'dead snake' in a can of Corale baked beans.
  • The horrifying find has gone viral on social media, with users expressing disgust and shock.
  • The 26-year-old woman was too scared to investigate the strange 'creature' and took it to ALDI to complain, receiving two bottles of wine as a goodwill gesture.
  • An ALDI spokesperson suggested a possible cause could be a breach in the packaging, allowing air to enter and cause the item to perish, and urged customers to return problematic items to their local store for a refund.

Considering the mishap, we can all agree that vigilance is crucial when opening canned goods or pre-packaged food products.

Always ensure that the packaging is intact, and never hesitate to report any issues to your local store so they may address the problem and prevent any similar incidents.

View attachment 19176

After all, our goal at the Seniors Discount Club is to ensure you have a safe, satisfying shopping experience, whether it's at ALDI or any other supermarket.
snake bean

If it was a snake, how did it get in there? How would it fit? Therefore how did it not get seen before packaging? Doesn't say much for the cleanliness of the factory. Puts me off can foods all together. Yikes! I would react the same way.
It is mould when air is in the can the goods will become mouldy it obviously wasn't vacuum packed properly

Reactions: Cool Lynda

View attachment 19177

Key Takeaways

View attachment 19176

Don't leave us hanging in the rain!!! What was it????