SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
Shopper finds an adorably dramatic letter from a little girl in an op-shop

One of the many fun things about op-shops is that we never know what gems we’ll come across during an op-shop run – and one amused shopper may have potentially stumbled across the rarest find in their lifetime… Except it’s nothing like they expected.

Regardless, the shopper was ecstatic to find an adorably dramatic letter during an op-shop run. It was written by a little girl who was on a mission to convince her parents to let her adopt a dog.

The woman shared a snap of the note on a Facebook group dedicated to rare op shop finds. It was found inside a book that had been donated and framed for shoppers to read.

'Dear mum and dad,' the letter read. 'Before you close this letter hear me out, I know you don't want to hear about this but I've put effort into this.'

tuiTTFrhXtgx-rXk_470vpadfsDjMOE_a7StWeHnaSsMFlRVI3sbDY6EF0tRBuMeofg18StwoEk3zwpRXamVlEWOvjlnTgYni3eclMq_ztHp485g-eh8Es_6qKgijEg1-7wNAH10BI3QOonW0frAh0pirbz5ATjHriQ2_cDI7M7F2wxWsCyMtQ3NVw

The letter was framed and displayed in an op-shop for shoppers to see. Source: Daily Mail

'Don't you think giving a dog that is so sweet a home is better than throwing them out onto the sad, cold streets!'

After begging her parents a hundred million times over, the girl asked: 'Can I have a dog? I'm so desperate for one, I hate living “animal-less”. I'm always so grumpy because of this. I am legit dying!’

'Lots of love, your sad, upset, and desperate daughter Arlia.' she concluded.

Hundreds of users were amused by the little girl's desperate and cute request.

'I really hope she got her dog.’ one woman said.

'This is absolutely something my child would do – and it would definitely work!' another chimed.

09X3Gzf_8Kj461BajMyTAj-D5vsFqY4Dhv7e5oxM5fa6QNsRY6IDUJGXbPpAIGgr6NEc-kkGan4eKrmfpD7zn8wZKAca5oH--RFYynOIl030zaSNvYDroon5aLyxgv5jWy0i5o5nU-lh5hF78D5dVGzvxun1jVg6oxsPSWAJ-KWK_5J1BIjrPGKj1w

Someone give this little girl a puppy! Source: Unsplash

'My ten-year-old daughter created a PowerPoint presentation about all the reasons we should get a dog. We now have a dog!' shared a third.

Others shared similar pleas made by their children.

'My daughter wrote us several letters like this begging for guinea pigs.’ a mum wrote.

'So we got guinea pigs! Then, she lost interest in the guinea pigs and wrote letters begging for a chinchilla and then a bearded dragon… And then fish.'

'I’ve kept the letters but learned not to give in to getting more pets!' she continued.

What are your thoughts about this unusual op-shop find? Better yet, do you have a similar story to share? If so, let us know in the comments! We’d love to hear them.

I hope the book belonged to one of her parents and they gave her the dog.

When my kids were young, someone from Home and Away always dropped bags and bags of her clothes and bags off for my girls She is actually still on Home and Away and her Aunty is my daughters Godmother

When my girls were trying on her clothes they found one of her scripts with little notes all over it in one of her pockets, I called her and she said oh just rip it up and throw away.

We found interesting things left in her bags and Jean pockets.

I have the letters and cards written by my father to my mother during his time at sea during the war. In some of them the censors have been a little heavy handed with the black marker, covering up anything that could be in any way considered dangerous to the war effort. I have one that is little more than Dear Doris, love Reg as everything else was deemed to be too sensitive! They were lucky, my Aunts letters from the front used to have bits cut out of them and some received looked like lace or doilies.:)

One of the many fun things about op-shops is that we never know what gems we’ll come across during an op-shop run – and one amused shopper may have potentially stumbled across the rarest find in their lifetime… Except it’s nothing like they expected.

Regardless, the shopper was ecstatic to find an adorably dramatic letter during an op-shop run. It was written by a little girl who was on a mission to convince her parents to let her adopt a dog.

The woman shared a snap of the note on a Facebook group dedicated to rare op shop finds. It was found inside a book that had been donated and framed for shoppers to read.

'Dear mum and dad,' the letter read. 'Before you close this letter hear me out, I know you don't want to hear about this but I've put effort into this.'

tuiTTFrhXtgx-rXk_470vpadfsDjMOE_a7StWeHnaSsMFlRVI3sbDY6EF0tRBuMeofg18StwoEk3zwpRXamVlEWOvjlnTgYni3eclMq_ztHp485g-eh8Es_6qKgijEg1-7wNAH10BI3QOonW0frAh0pirbz5ATjHriQ2_cDI7M7F2wxWsCyMtQ3NVw

The letter was framed and displayed in an op-shop for shoppers to see. Source: Daily Mail

'Don't you think giving a dog that is so sweet a home is better than throwing them out onto the sad, cold streets!'

After begging her parents a hundred million times over, the girl asked: 'Can I have a dog? I'm so desperate for one, I hate living “animal-less”. I'm always so grumpy because of this. I am legit dying!’

'This is absolutely something my child would do – and it would definitely work!' another chimed.

09X3Gzf_8Kj461BajMyTAj-D5vsFqY4Dhv7e5oxM5fa6QNsRY6IDUJGXbPpAIGgr6NEc-kkGan4eKrmfpD7zn8wZKAca5oH--RFYynOIl030zaSNvYDroon5aLyxgv5jWy0i5o5nU-lh5hF78D5dVGzvxun1jVg6oxsPSWAJ-KWK_5J1BIjrPGKj1w

'My ten-year-old daughter created a PowerPoint presentation about all the reasons we should get a dog. We now have a dog!' shared a third.

'My daughter wrote us several letters like this begging for guinea pigs.’ a mum wrote.

'So we got guinea pigs! Then, she lost interest in the guinea pigs and wrote letters begging for a chinchilla and then a bearded dragon… And then fish.'

'I’ve kept the letters but learned not to give in to getting more pets!' she continued.

What are your thoughts about this unusual op-shop find? Better yet, do you have a similar story to share? If so, let us know in the comments! We’d love to hear them.
I really believe every child should grow up with a pet they love and who loves them. I believe dogs are the best, but that’s just my preference. We had a Labrador and a Collie/German Shepherd cross when our son came home from hospital and he grew up adoring dogs. He’s about to turn 45, and he’s never been without a dog. Fortunately he married a dog lover and their two kids have had a dog in the family for their whole lives.

Adorable request. None of my girls did this, thankfully.

Reactions: Ricci
I have the letters and cards written by my father to my mother during his time at sea during the war. In some of them the censors have been a little heavy handed with the black marker, covering up anything that could be in any way considered dangerous to the war effort. I have one that is little more than Dear Doris, love Reg as everything else was deemed to be too sensitive! They were lucky, my Aunts letters from the front used to have bits cut out of them and some received looked like lace or doilies.:)
Similar used to be done in prisons many, many years ago but not now.

Reactions: Ricci
I have every little letter my children wrote for me and cards and drwings all my grandchildren things they have written and drawn for me when I'm gone they will find all these things and hopefully be surprised
I have these saved as well in a big tin. I kept the best drawings but kept all cards and letters right up till today

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
As I have been separated from my daughter since 1994, having EVERYTHING she ever wrote or drew or painted or composed for me up until that time is extremely precious to me.
After my Mum passed away in 1996, I was able to retrieve everything my daughter had created for Granny, too.
Yes, tears still flow when this big box is visited.
The tears are always at the bottom of the eyes, and doesn't take much for them to spill over the edge and cascade down my face.
My memories are in my head, but having something tangible is special.

As I have been separated from my daughter since 1994, having EVERYTHING she ever wrote or drew or painted or composed for me up until that time is extremely precious to me.
After my Mum passed away in 1996, I was able to retrieve everything my daughter had created for Granny, too.
The tears are always at the bottom of the eyes, and doesn't take much for them to spill over the edge and cascade down my face.
Sending love, hugs and strength:love::)

Reactions: Ezzy and JayKay
😥

Reactions: Ricci and Ezzy
I feel your pain & l sympathize.