Shocking weight loss secrets revealed: How this Aussie bloke shredded 117kg

If you've been trying to shed those stubborn excess kilograms but are having trouble finding motivation and staying on track, this story is for you.

Nathan Whittaker is a hospitality worker from Dapto, New South Wales. He was once 225kg, but with just a few simple changes to his lifestyle, he managed to drop an impressive 117kg in just 11 months!

Nathan was working odd and long hours as a pub manager, and would often put back a few schooners and eat heavy meals at the end of a long shift.

While this in itself was no crime, it eventually led Nathan to become dangerously overweight, and his excess weight brought with it all kinds of health problems.

shutterstock_1039201621.jpg
Nathan has decided to form better habits after struggling with numerous health problems brought on by an unhealthy lifestyle. Credit: Shutterstock

After Nathan had to undergo surgery for a hernia, he knew he had to make a deep and lasting change.

Turning away from crash diets and other unsustainable shortcuts, he wanted to experience the benefits of true and sustainable weight loss.

Nathan said that what worked for him was convenience; that was the key to losing such a large amount of weight without getting bored and giving up altogether.

He found a food delivery service called Lite n' Easy that provided him with pre-packaged meals, and as a result, Nathan was able to flatten his appetite and stick to a low-calorie, 1800-calorie diet.

To make matters more efficient, Nathan also began supplementing his diet with regular exercise. Initially, he could hardly manage to walk to his mailbox, but with grit and determination, he eventually managed to start walking for 30 minutes a day.

After 50kg, Nathan set his next goal of competing in Sydney’s City to Surf run, and eventually managed to walk 10km a day!

shutterstock_1982838248.jpg
Nathan finds that 30-minute walks are easier and more accessible for those who don’t enjoy using the treadmill to stay active and healthy. Credit: Shutterstock

Now, even though Nathan has reverted back to his 30-minute daily walks he can still manage to take 30,000 steps in one hour on the treadmill.

The most remarkable thing for Nathan was how much his life had been changed. No more tiredness, no more lethargy; his whole life had been changed by his determination and persistence.

'I honestly feel brand new - like I’m a different person,' he said. 'I’m better in life, better at work, which in turn is better for the business.'

As inspiring as Nathan's story is, we encourage you to always check with your doctor before you begin any kind of diet or exercise program.

But perhaps Nathan's story can inspire you to make a change like he did–even if your goals are more modest in the beginning, you never know where sheer hard work and determination might take you!

Key Takeaways

• A NSW man named Nathan Whittaker managed to lose 117kg in just 11 months due to a change in his approach to food.
  • Mr. Whittaker, who once weighed 225kg, began using the food delivery service Lite n' Easy which provided convenient and nutritional meals.
  • After facing complicated surgeries and dealing with depression, his weight loss journey began with being unable to walk to the mailbox, moving on to 30-minute daily walks and participating in City to Surf competition.
  • Feeling like a different person now, Nathan asserts his weight loss has improved his personal life and work productivity.

How do you feel about Nathan’s lifestyle changes? Would you give his methods a go to support you on your own fitness journey? We want to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
If you've been trying to shed those stubborn excess kilograms but are having trouble finding motivation and staying on track, this story is for you.

Nathan Whittaker is a hospitality worker from Dapto, New South Wales. He was once 225kg, but with just a few simple changes to his lifestyle, he managed to drop an impressive 117kg in just 11 months!

Nathan was working odd and long hours as a pub manager, and would often put back a few schooners and eat heavy meals at the end of a long shift.

While this in itself was no crime, it eventually led Nathan to become dangerously overweight, and his excess weight brought with it all kinds of health problems.

View attachment 29598
Nathan has decided to form better habits after struggling with numerous health problems brought on by an unhealthy lifestyle. Credit: Shutterstock

After Nathan had to undergo surgery for a hernia, he knew he had to make a deep and lasting change.

Turning away from crash diets and other unsustainable shortcuts, he wanted to experience the benefits of true and sustainable weight loss.

Nathan said that what worked for him was convenience; that was the key to losing such a large amount of weight without getting bored and giving up altogether.

He found a food delivery service called Lite n' Easy that provided him with pre-packaged meals, and as a result, Nathan was able to flatten his appetite and stick to a low-calorie, 1800-calorie diet.

To make matters more efficient, Nathan also began supplementing his diet with regular exercise. Initially, he could hardly manage to walk to his mailbox, but with grit and determination, he eventually managed to start walking for 30 minutes a day.

After 50kg, Nathan set his next goal of competing in Sydney’s City to Surf run, and eventually managed to walk 10km a day!

View attachment 29599
Nathan finds that 30-minute walks are easier and more accessible for those who don’t enjoy using the treadmill to stay active and healthy. Credit: Shutterstock

Now, even though Nathan has reverted back to his 30-minute daily walks he can still manage to take 30,000 steps in one hour on the treadmill.

The most remarkable thing for Nathan was how much his life had been changed. No more tiredness, no more lethargy; his whole life had been changed by his determination and persistence.

'I honestly feel brand new - like I’m a different person,' he said. 'I’m better in life, better at work, which in turn is better for the business.'

As inspiring as Nathan's story is, we encourage you to always check with your doctor before you begin any kind of diet or exercise program.

But perhaps Nathan's story can inspire you to make a change like he did–even if your goals are more modest in the beginning, you never know where sheer hard work and determination might take you!

Key Takeaways

• A NSW man named Nathan Whittaker managed to lose 117kg in just 11 months due to a change in his approach to food.
  • Mr. Whittaker, who once weighed 225kg, began using the food delivery service Lite n' Easy which provided convenient and nutritional meals.
  • After facing complicated surgeries and dealing with depression, his weight loss journey began with being unable to walk to the mailbox, moving on to 30-minute daily walks and participating in City to Surf competition.
  • Feeling like a different person now, Nathan asserts his weight loss has improved his personal life and work productivity.

How do you feel about Nathan’s lifestyle changes? Would you give his methods a go to support you on your own fitness journey? We want to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Another Thing should not be on here. Just advertising weight loss. just stop eating rubbish & sugar & you will lose weight.

Great add for lite n easy, and I’m glad it worked for this man, but for most of us these things just don’t work no matter how strict you are.

Reactions: Leenie
Great add for lite n easy, and I’m glad it worked for this man, but for most of us these things just don’t work no matter how strict you are.
Most people who go on those food plans put the weight back on when they stop,willpower is what they need .Stop eating garbage and eat whole foods.with plenty of exercise.

Reactions: Abby2
I would say. Seek and ye shall find the best way for you as we are all different and 1 size does not fit all.Mine has been Pork Crackle, yes I can already hear all the knockers .20 Kg in 20 weeks is proof enough for me.

I would say. Seek and ye shall find the best way for you as we are all different and 1 size does not fit all.Mine has been Pork Crackle, yes I can already hear all the knockers .20 Kg in 20 weeks is proof enough for me

Each to his own you are the only one who will suffer ,so long as you enjoy 😊 your pork crackle.its your life so enjoy while you can ,life is too short.