Shocking revelation: Popular cheese transformed at Coles—the surprising truth unveiled!

In a world where change is the only constant, even humble cheese slices are not immune to transformation.

A recent outcry from a Coles customer has sparked a conversation about the supermarket's own brand of cheese Sandwich Slices, which appear to have undergone some noticeable changes.

The customer's concern highlighted the apparent downsizing of the cheese slices, which now seem to be dwarfed by a standard piece of sandwich bread.

Accompanying their online post was a photo that starkly illustrated the difference in size, with the cheese slice looking rather lonely in the centre of the bread.

However, that's not the only alteration that has the customer—and likely others—in a worry.

photo.jpg
A Coles customer shared these photos on social media, accusing the supermarket of reducing the size of its cheese Sandwich Slices. Credits: X

The slices, once individually wrapped in plastic, are now as naked as the day they were processed.

‘Oh, Coles, what have you done here?’ the customer asked.

‘Plastic cheese lost its plastic, and shrunk (to match inflation?).’

The customer's post also mentioned a less appetising discovery, adding to their dissatisfaction with the supermarket's offerings.

‘So apart from the broken shellac fingernail I found in your chips, I now have to deal with “sandwich” cheese that only fits on a cracker, and can’t be put into a lunch box,’ they added.

Previously, Coles' website boasted that the 84-slice pack, retailing for $12.50, featured slices that were 'individually wrapped for your convenience'.

This detail has since been scrubbed from the product description, perhaps in response to the change in packaging.

However, it was reported that there has been no change to the size of the Coles cheese slices—they have allegedly always been the same dimensions.

Coles also offers a 12-pack of cheese slices weighing 250g, which is a different product from the 84-slice packs.

As shoppers raise eyebrows over Coles' alleged alterations to a beloved cheese product, discussions around grocery shopping trends have increasingly centred on a concept highlighted by this issue.

While consumers scrutinise changes in product sizes and packaging, they ponder the implications of these modifications on their shopping habits and budgets.
Key Takeaways
  • A Coles customer accused the supermarket of reducing the size of its cheese Sandwich Slices, and removing the individual plastic wrapping.
  • The customer posted a photo on social media showing a cheese slice smaller than a piece of sandwich bread, and complained about the change.
  • The Coles website previously mentioned that the pack contained 84 individually wrapped slices for $12.50, but reports say this information has been removed.
  • There allegedly has been no change to the dimensions of the Coles cheese slices, and they are still the same size as before.
Have you noticed a decrease in the sizes of your grocery purchases recently? What are your thoughts about these changes? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.

Reactions: Highjackers
Sponsored
In a lot of cases shrinkflation is just another way for companies/stores to rip off the consumer. The issue with Coles cheese slices is just another example of them making more of a profit at the customers expense.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Cole & Wollies practice sleight-of-hand tactics.... thieving mongrels.
When the wet wipes went off the shelves I smelt a rat so I took a picture of the old and then the new and low and behold the size of the sheets shrank.

I just looked on Coles website, and this product is 500 grams, so all they've done is cut out the plastic wrap. I wouldn't buy processed cheese like that. Customers can buy bread in large sizes, so people would have to use 1.5 slices of cheese or buy a block and cut it.
Cheese brands such as Bega and Cheer has never been individually wrapped in my experience.