Shocking revelation about Australia Post workers—could your parcels be at risk, too?

Australia Post has long prided itself on reliable delivery of parcels and mail nationwide.

But a disturbing video recently surfaced has many customers questioning how the company’s workers treat their packages.

The footage, posted anonymously to social media, shows multiple Australia Post workers aggressively tossing parcels into a delivery van.

At one point, two employees raised their arms and pitched the packages at a high speed before laughing.

photo 1 (4).jpg
Footage exposed how Australia Post employees handle parcels. Credit: @mr_drifter_1982/TikTok

The person who posted the video said: ‘The way Australia Post treats people’s packages. Just throwing them around like nobody gives a s**t. Look at them.’

The video garnered thousands of views on social media, with one urging the person to ‘send it to the news’.

Some social media users were irked at the footage, writing: ‘Disgusting behaviour, they should be sacked immediately.’

‘They are actually so bad at their job. I have cameras at home, and they throw my packages and leave them where everyone can see them, and not even ring the doorbell. They are so disrespectful,’ another shared.

‘I'm not surprised it's been happening for years,’ a third person commented.

An Australia Post spokesperson acknowledged the seriousness of the issue and ‘sincerely apologises’ for the incident.

They assured customers they are ‘investigating the matter as a priority’.

‘The vast majority of our network takes pride in their job delivering for all Australians, and it’s disappointing to see it’s not the case here,’ the spokesperson said.

‘These actions are not in line with the service standards we expect of our people,’ they stated. ‘Australia Post regularly reminds team members about correct handling procedures.’

32456-SDC 6.png
Previously, a customer shared a photo of their damaged parcel on social media, which they claimed was mishandled by the Australia Post. Credit: Facebook

This comes after Compare the Market revealed that 46.7 per cent of Australians who made an online purchase in the last 12 months have had issues with their delivery.

According to their data, 3 per cent of the respondents said their parcels were damaged during transit.

These complaints were especially concerning with the upcoming Christmas season, where Aussies are expected to send gifts to friends and family.

Based on Australia Post’s policy, compensations may be offered for damaged or lost items valued at $100 or less. If you’re sending an item valued over $100, you can take Extra Cover up to $5,000 to protect your delivery.

You can watch 7News Australia’s coverage of the story here:

Key Takeaways

• Australia Post has issued an apology following the emergence of a video showing staff members mishandling packages.
  • The video, uploaded on social media, showed up to five workers aggressively tossing parcels into a van and laughing about it.
  • The footage, attracting thousands of views, has caused outrage among the Australian public.
  • The company is investigating the incident as a priority and reiterated that such actions did not align with their service standards.

What do you think about this story, members? Have you received a damaged parcel from Australia Post? Share your experience in the comments below!

Reactions: Snoopy75
Sponsored
Australia Post has long prided itself on reliable delivery of parcels and mail nationwide.

But a disturbing video recently surfaced has many customers questioning how the company’s workers treat their packages.

The footage, posted anonymously to social media, shows multiple Australia Post workers aggressively tossing parcels into a delivery van.

At one point, two employees raised their arms and pitched the packages at a high speed before laughing.

View attachment 32833
Footage exposed how Australia Post employees handle parcels. Credit: @mr_drifter_1982/TikTok

The person who posted the video said: ‘The way Australia Post treats people’s packages. Just throwing them around like nobody gives a s**t. Look at them.’

The video garnered thousands of views on social media, with one urging the person to ‘send it to the news’.

Some social media users were irked at the footage, writing: ‘Disgusting behaviour, they should be sacked immediately.’

‘They are actually so bad at their job. I have cameras at home, and they throw my packages and leave them where everyone can see them, and not even ring the doorbell. They are so disrespectful,’ another shared.

An Australia Post spokesperson acknowledged the seriousness of the issue and ‘sincerely apologises’ for the incident.

‘The vast majority of our network takes pride in their job delivering for all Australians, and it’s disappointing to see it’s not the case here,’ the spokesperson said.

‘These actions are not in line with the service standards we expect of our people,’ they stated. ‘Australia Post regularly reminds team members about correct handling procedures.’

View attachment 32834
Previously, a customer shared a photo of their damaged parcel on social media, which they claimed was mishandled by the Australia Post. Credit: Facebook

This comes after Compare the Market revealed that 46.7 per cent of Australians who made an online purchase in the last 12 months have had issues with their delivery.

According to their data, 3 per cent of the respondents said their parcels were damaged during transit.

These complaints were especially concerning with the upcoming Christmas season, where Aussies are expected to send gifts to friends and family.

Based on Australia Post’s policy, compensations may be offered for damaged or lost items valued at $100 or less. If you’re sending an item valued over $100, you can take Extra Cover up to $5,000 to protect your delivery.

Key Takeaways

• Australia Post has issued an apology following the emergence of a video showing staff members mishandling packages.
  • The video, uploaded on social media, showed up to five workers aggressively tossing parcels into a van and laughing about it.
  • The footage, attracting thousands of views, has caused outrage among the Australian public.
  • The company is investigating the incident as a priority and reiterated that such actions did not align with their service standards.

What do you think about this story, members? Have you received a damaged parcel from Australia Post? Share your experience in the comments below!

Australia post service is terrible .. co incidental I had yet another parcel delivered today by Australia post .
I knew it had arrived by the thud of the parcel hitting the ground at my front door .
its The second parcel within weeks that has been thrown at our front door ..same driver both times
it’s time Australia post cleaned up its act .. incorrect deliveries .. no delivery at all like my parcel delivered many items broken or stolen by australia post staff

• Angry
Reactions: Chris R
Hi, I worked for Australia Post some years ago. The parcel delivery was handed over to contractors for delivery.
The amount that the contractors were given per delivery was a pittance.
It's no wonder that these contractors really don't care as they are working for very minimal wages whilst under extreme pressure to deliver 100's of parcels in a day.

View attachment 32833

View attachment 32834

Key Takeaways

I why do we get old news all the time - this was on news a few days ago!!!

Australia post service is terrible .. co incidental I had yet another parcel delivered today by Australia post .
I knew it had arrived by the thud of the parcel hitting the ground at my front door .
its The second parcel within weeks that has been thrown at our front door ..same driver both times
it’s time Australia post cleaned up its act .. incorrect deliveries .. no delivery at all like my parcel delivered many items broken or stolen by australia post staff
The same thing happens with Austpost parcel deliveries to my address in Gosnells WA.The AUSPOST driver, a good percentage of the time DOES NOT even attend my address but goes straight to the POST OFFICE and leaves the packages there. I have been lucky most of the time the packages are only slighly damaged. One driver just used to chuck them over the back fence and I got a few breakages from that.

This has been on going for ages ,last year there were posties caught on video Australia Post said then they would sort it haha As long as they get the cash they don't really give a damm

Reactions: oldsalt

View attachment 32833

View attachment 32834

Key Takeaways

All Australia post has to do is put cameras in their loading bays,if they save compensation claims the money would be well spent.

• Love
Reactions: DiRose

View attachment 32833

View attachment 32834

Key Takeaways

I have Received a few damaged parcels. We were away on holiday about 3 years ago. A friend looking after our place sent me a photo. My parcel had been thrown over our locked gate!!! Lucky it was only a pair of shoes. But it could have lain there for weeks if she had not picked it up for me.imagine if it was china or glass!!!!!

View attachment 32833

View attachment 32834

Key Takeaways

I am still waiting to receive a parcel that was supposed to have been delivered a week ago.

Hi, I worked for Australia Post some years ago. The parcel delivery was handed over to contractors for delivery.
The amount that the contractors were given per delivery was a pittance.
It's no wonder that these contractors really don't care as they are working for very minimal wages whilst under extreme pressure to deliver 100's of parcels in a day.

Well that is the case with many of these places that hand their business to contractors! For example Woolworths deliveries - my friend has had numerous grocery deliveries that were someone else’s & quite large orders at times! These dipsticks are usually chatting on phone while delivering & couldn’t give a rats about what they’re doing! Woollies don’t want it back therefore you get to keep it, someone else gets yours, Woollies refunds the money to both & you start again!!!
And I can’t imagine Oz Post or Woolworths are under paying these contractors so why excuse them? At least they have a job, which is better than what some of them had before!!!
And, with Oz Post, tampering with mail is a federal offence which carry hefty fines for contractors & their staff, so these offenders need to be dealt with!
In saying that, my parcels usually get where they’re going fine & usually on time with express post & I always get up to date tracking notifications to let me know where the parcel is & when it arrives - so can’t complain personally!
Have a great day☀️😊

I have had parcels dropped at my home from auspost
all have been put in a secure place no damage to them at all
most parcels are from Temu they really wrap them up
Ours too. Both the delivery driver and the postman are awesome. Both regularly check with me if I’m happy with where they leave my parcels if I’m not home. I often tell them what a great job they are doing

Reactions: PattiB
The same thing happens with Austpost parcel deliveries to my address in Gosnells WA.The AUSPOST driver, a good percentage of the time DOES NOT even attend my address but goes straight to the POST OFFICE and leaves the packages there. I have been lucky most of the time the packages are only slighly damaged. One driver just used to chuck them over the back fence and I got a few breakages from that.
This used to happen to my son in Bassendean WA. AUSTPOST driver delivered straight to the Post Office UNTIL they realised he was working from home & could see them putting a card in his letterbox. Things changed after that. Plus husband & I are often there.

Reactions: DiRose
I have about 90% reliability with my Aust Post packages, my former regular postie was brilliant, my current one is good. I've been lucky I think with the truck/couriers from Aust Post. They do always try to deliver personally, if I'm not home put between the bars of safety gate on verandah if possible, otherwise hide behind pillar, and very rarely any damage at all.
I do believe that their loading centres would benefit hugely from cameras, and instant dismissal for offenders would soon lift the care. We are filmed and videoed everywhere we go nowadays, so why are they not?

Last edited:
Reactions: PattiB