Shocking report details major altercation between Prince William and Harry

The British royal family has had its fair share of issues over the years, but the latest news is quite shocking.

According to a report by The Guardian, Prince Harry has revealed details of a major altercation between him and his brother William, Prince of Wales, that took place in 2019.

According to the news report, The Guardian claims to have seen an advance copy of Prince Harry’s highly anticipated memoir, Spare. In it, the Duke of Sussex reveals that William allegedly ‘physically attacked’ him during an argument over his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex. This resulted in Harry getting knocked to the floor during the row.

The altercation began after a conversation between the two during which William reportedly called Meghan ‘difficult’, ‘rude’, and ‘abrasive’.

prince harry (1).jpg
Prince Harry alleges that Prince William ‘knocked him to the floor’. Credit: Shutterstock

It escalated until William reportedly ‘grabbed’ Harry by the collar, ‘ripped’ his necklace, and ‘knocked him to the floor’.

The Guardian’s article focuses on the alleged altercation between the royal brothers, but described the entirety of the book as a ‘remarkable volume’.

In Harry’s version of events, William arrived at Nottingham Cottage on Kensington Palace grounds which was Harry and Meghan’s home at the time. The Prince of Wales allegedly wanted to discuss the ‘whole rolling catastrophe’ of their relationship and the ‘struggles’ the family had with the press.

Right after Harry offered his brother a glass of water – in an attempt to cool down their heated verbal exchange – was when William supposedly ‘attacked’ him.

willandkate.jpg
The ‘violent’ exchange reportedly happened in Harry and Meghan’s home. Credit: Shutterstock

The article quotes: ‘He set down the water, called me another name, then came at me. It all happened so fast.’ According to The Guardian, Prince Harry reportedly landed on the dog’s bowl, which cracked and cut into his back.

‘I lay there for a moment, dazed, then got to my feet and told him to get out,’ Harry said in his book.

Allegedly, William urged his brother to ‘hit back’, but Harry refused to do so. William left but returned ‘looking regretful’, and apologised.

The article also mentioned Harry’s return to the UK for the first time since stepping back as a senior royal in 2021. He went back to attend the funeral of Prince Philip.

This was also the first time Harry reunited with his father, King Charles III, and William since he and Meghan spoke to Oprah Winfrey for their ‘bombshell interview’.

In the book, Harry suggested that tensions remained high during his visit, and quoted his father allegedly ‘pleading’ with his sons not to ‘make his final years a misery’.

CNN also requested an advance copy of the book and asked for a comment on the alleged altercation. A spokesperson from Buckingham Palace declined the request.

Spare is due to be released on January 10.

Scandalous reports and media scrutiny have followed the lives of the British monarchy - they are arguably the most famous public family in the world. They also hold a great deal of influence over public opinion, so their image and what they project to Commonwealth citizens – and the rest of the world – have to be carefully managed.

justice.jpg
Soft power shapes preferences through appeal rather than force. Credit: Diego Caumont/Pexels

Although the King does not hold the reins when it comes to global and domestic politics, there is what we call ‘soft power’, and this is where the influence of the monarchy really shines. Soft power, in politics, is one’s ability to affect outcomes through persuasion and cooperation rather than coercion or brute force.

To the public, the British monarchy is a symbol of national identity, unity, and pride for the people. This is why any perceived ‘threat’ that discredits the image of the Royals is often met with harsh criticisms and reactions.

Key Takeaways

• Prince Harry has accused his brother William of physically assaulting him during an argument over his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in 2019.
  • Harry alleges that William knocked him to the floor after William called Meghan ‘difficult’, ‘rude’, and ‘abrasive’.
  • Harry's upcoming memoir, Spare, is due to be released on January 10.
What can you say about Harry’s allegations, members? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Sponsored
1. I'm sure my brother and I had worse altercations but we are still good friends. Get over it!
2. The book looks like it has 3-400 pages but the world's media have focused all their attention on just that one sentence!!!
3. No doubt some people will blame the Royal family for Harry's problems. Many others will blame Harry for the shame he and his wife are trying to bring on the Royal Family.

I used to read Harry and Meghan stuff but stopped. You don't know what is right and what isn't. The thing I'd like to see - a paternity test on Harry. He looks an awful lot like one of the staff who worked for Princess Diana and was rumoured to have had an affair with. Spitting image. That, I think would stop things in their tracks. How can you trash people, air your dirty linen, and then say you still want to have a relationship with them. Sounds like the strangest thing to want. If your family is so horrid then why do you want to relate with them - oh that's right, it has to be on Harry's terms. I see .....

Reactions: TATTOO
Why shouldn’t Harry have a voice? I am over the Royal family being the be all and end all of everything good in England. The king is a philanderer who cheated on his wife fro the beginning. His mistress is now the Queen consort. Great legacy to live up to. I am not a royalist,I did respect Queen Elizabeth 11. The British media turned on Harry and Meghan and it was a feeding frenzy. Not everyone is everybody’s cup of tea but William had no right trying to split Harry and Meghan up. As for hitting his brother I think that tarnished his image and the poms won’t stand for that. What I don’t understand is how everyone makes out Harry is worse than Andrew. What a skewed outlook. I like Harry and Meghan. Unless you walk in their shoes you have no right to judge.
So you have walked in their shoes then???
Obvious to see you are one of those goody goody people that like to be different sadly your wrong 😑 we all have a right to our opinions especially if the Royal family is being attacked you are also welcome to your opinion EVEN IF YOU ARE WRONG

The British royal family has had its fair share of issues over the years, but the latest news is quite shocking.

According to a report by The Guardian, Prince Harry has revealed details of a major altercation between him and his brother William, Prince of Wales, that took place in 2019.

According to the news report, The Guardian claims to have seen an advance copy of Prince Harry’s highly anticipated memoir, Spare. In it, the Duke of Sussex reveals that William allegedly ‘physically attacked’ him during an argument over his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex. This resulted in Harry getting knocked to the floor during the row.

The altercation began after a conversation between the two during which William reportedly called Meghan ‘difficult’, ‘rude’, and ‘abrasive’.

View attachment 11320
Prince Harry alleges that Prince William ‘knocked him to the floor’. Credit: Shutterstock

It escalated until William reportedly ‘grabbed’ Harry by the collar, ‘ripped’ his necklace, and ‘knocked him to the floor’.

The Guardian’s article focuses on the alleged altercation between the royal brothers, but described the entirety of the book as a ‘remarkable volume’.

In Harry’s version of events, William arrived at Nottingham Cottage on Kensington Palace grounds which was Harry and Meghan’s home at the time. The Prince of Wales allegedly wanted to discuss the ‘whole rolling catastrophe’ of their relationship and the ‘struggles’ the family had with the press.

Right after Harry offered his brother a glass of water – in an attempt to cool down their heated verbal exchange – was when William supposedly ‘attacked’ him.

View attachment 11321
The ‘violent’ exchange reportedly happened in Harry and Meghan’s home. Credit: Shutterstock

The article quotes: ‘He set down the water, called me another name, then came at me. It all happened so fast.’ According to The Guardian, Prince Harry reportedly landed on the dog’s bowl, which cracked and cut into his back.

‘I lay there for a moment, dazed, then got to my feet and told him to get out,’ Harry said in his book.

Allegedly, William urged his brother to ‘hit back’, but Harry refused to do so. William left but returned ‘looking regretful’, and apologised.

The article also mentioned Harry’s return to the UK for the first time since stepping back as a senior royal in 2021. He went back to attend the funeral of Prince Philip.

This was also the first time Harry reunited with his father, King Charles III, and William since he and Meghan spoke to Oprah Winfrey for their ‘bombshell interview’.

In the book, Harry suggested that tensions remained high during his visit, and quoted his father allegedly ‘pleading’ with his sons not to ‘make his final years a misery’.

CNN also requested an advance copy of the book and asked for a comment on the alleged altercation. A spokesperson from Buckingham Palace declined the request.

Scandalous reports and media scrutiny have followed the lives of the British monarchy - they are arguably the most famous public family in the world. They also hold a great deal of influence over public opinion, so their image and what they project to Commonwealth citizens – and the rest of the world – have to be carefully managed.

View attachment 11319
Soft power shapes preferences through appeal rather than force. Credit: Diego Caumont/Pexels

Although the King does not hold the reins when it comes to global and domestic politics, there is what we call ‘soft power’, and this is where the influence of the monarchy really shines. Soft power, in politics, is one’s ability to affect outcomes through persuasion and cooperation rather than coercion or brute force.

To the public, the British monarchy is a symbol of national identity, unity, and pride for the people. This is why any perceived ‘threat’ that discredits the image of the Royals is often met with harsh criticisms and reactions.

Woman wear necklaces,
Key Takeaways

• Prince Harry has accused his brother William of physically assaulting him during an argument over his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in 2019.
  • Harry alleges that William knocked him to the floor after William called Meghan ‘difficult’, ‘rude’, and ‘abrasive’.
What can you say about Harry’s allegations, members? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Women wear necklaces, and men wear chains. I have also been reading about the short time he spent as a Jackaroo in Queensland. that in itself is questionable, it would seem that the Jackaroo has become the (OooH ducky) Jillaroo!!

I feel sad for the whole situation, all families go through ups and downs but not many (if any) air it in public. So the two brothers fought, show me two brothers that haven't. Life is not all warm hugs and kisses, we've all had our share of sadness and sense of loss but you pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get on with life. Someone should maybe tell him that Diana wouldn't want him to grieve forever. They should also tell him of the potential damage to his kids by denying them contact with their Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. It's not all about him anymore, he has a family and should be thinking of them. ;)

Reactions: Suzanne rose
History has shown that "spare" princes and princesses usually find ways to play up in regard to the first-born heir to the throne and statistically the probability would seem that either the first- born chops the heads off the "spares", or there is a civil war that may kill far too many people who would otherwise get on with their normal family squabbles whilst making a living, and the winner, the spare or the heir, comes out on top and life settles down till next time. The problem is exacerbated when two ambitious and beautiful women seek to defend their status and that normally is done by getting their men to have a fight; not a sexist comment, just biology at work.

Which leads one to contemplate what Presidential Democracy really means. It's not about resolving class war, but rather means that society can have a controlled civil war via an honest election system and we get it sorted out in a few days whilst life goes on as normal, barring the noise of election campaigns and wannabe First Ladies being paraded around.

The problem with a Presidential Democracy is the people like Donald Trump and Vlad Putin who recognise the weaknesses of human nature and make use of that and their followers and employees to try to become permanent encumbrances on a society that finds itself compelled to pay them far too much whilst flattering their unpleasant egos.

Sorry, Prince Harry. Just shut-up; that is your contractual duty to us, as initiated by Charles 2nd in 1660. You are insulting we the people by disrupting what has evolved to be a stable, workable way of we the people running the Monarchy of the United Kingdom (despite the idiot politicians we elect from time to time (and whom the Monarch, from time to time, needs to advise concerning their attitudes and behaviour)) since the British Civil War of 1641-1649 and the ensuing Cromwellian dictatorship that lasted till 1660.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
He's a WANKER, and all of the above proves it.
I rest my case nothing more to see here.

Reactions: Rob44
I'm one of those who applaud Harry for letting it all out.

I watched a new documentary the other night on Diana's death with interviews with people close to her including her closest body guard , friends and butler.
They all said 100% she was murdered and it was the royal family behind it.
She had mentioned time and time again to her body guard that she felt for her safety and that the Royal daily were very upset that she was with a Moslem and how she was the mother of the future King.

I thought it was very strange how the Royal family including Harry and William accepted Camilla , in Harry's book it actually talks about how both himself and Harry didn't want the marriage to happen
How can you blame then , Camilla was the woman Charles cheated on Diana with.
Of course William will do what ever his father wants him to after all he is next inline to the thrown.

I believe Harry is telling the truth , so much of what he is saying can be backed up..

The Royal family have away of covering things up and having things portrayed how they want the public to see it.

Tony Blair and his wife knew exactly how the Royals were and are. If it wasn't for Tony Blair the Royals wouldn't have even acknowledged Diana's death or given her the public funeral that the Princess's people wanted and that would have been the downfall of the Royal family

What goes on behind closed doors stays behind closed doors but now Harry is spilling the beans.

If there wasn't truth in what he is saying then he could and would be sued.
Even the Oprah interview if there wasn't truth in it she could have faced legal action , that would have been slander.
But if it is the truth then charges can't be laid nor can a person be sued

I believe we know who is loading the cannon for Harry to fire & he has his head buried in the sand now. This has all gone past the point of no return so the only option is to dig himself deeper into the mire he has allowed himself to get into. William was echoing that which the world is saying & what Harry already knows but didn't want this verbalised by his brother.

Reactions: Rob44

View attachment 11320

View attachment 11321

View attachment 11319

Key Takeaways

Harry is a loose canon fired by "Meagain" Markle. The ghost writer must have been instructed to sensationalise the book. For a couple who want a quite life,they sure know how to get publicity. Feel sorry for low lives like these. We the public are giving them the oxygen for the attention they are craving.

Reactions: Ezzy and Rob44

View attachment 11320

View attachment 11321

View attachment 11319

Key Takeaways

View attachment 11320

View attachment 11321

View attachment 11319

Key Takeaways

I believe we know who is loading the cannon for Harry to fire & he has his head buried in the sand now. This has all gone past the point of no return so the only option is to dig himself deeper into the mire he has allowed himself to get into. William was echoing that which the world is saying & what Harry already knows but didn't want this verbalised by his brother.

View attachment 11320

View attachment 11321

View attachment 11319

Key Takeaways

Great pity William didn't hit him a damned sight harder - might have knocked some sense into the stupid little b. That would really give Ginger and Whinger something to complain about !

Reactions: JeyaR

View attachment 11320

View attachment 11321

View attachment 11319

Key Takeaways

I believe Megan is nothing but full of trouble, lies and self love.
Harry is blind to her disgusting behaviour and both should be stripped down and be “commoners” as what they call us. Harry’s Mother and Grandmother would be ashamed of him if they were alive. May Dianna and The Queen rest in peace and Charles do something to STOP them from doing a more damage 😡😡😡

• Haha
Reactions: JeyaR and Ezzy
If Ginger or Whinger told me that today is Saturday, I’d check the calendar. This pair just never stops! Yesterday, I read about Harry’s version of the flower girl dress incident. Meghan did make both Kate and Charlotte cry, but Harry claims it’s Kate’s fault she cried, because she was ‘hormonal’, being pregnant with George.

He also wrote about a time he spoke to Meghan in a ‘cruel’ manner. She apparently left the room and 15 minutes later he found her in their bedroom. She informed him that she will never tolerate being spoken to like that - fair enough - and asked him if he heard men speak to women like that when he was a child. He then realised that he had, and the way he’d spoken to Meghan was something ‘dredged up’ from his past! So it would appear that even when he does the wrong thing, it’s someone else’s fault.

I recognise this behaviour, because my late brother behaved in exactly the same way. An obsessive need to detail the minutiae of all the hurts - real, but mostly imagined - that happened to him, before blaming me or our mother. He was adored by our parents and me, but he had an endless capacity for twisting the truth. When he died in 2019, my sister and I discovered at his funeral, that EVERYONE he’d come into contact with had been told what horrible people our late mother and I were. Some of the stories he’d told were so divergent from the truth and so ridiculous, that I couldn’t help laughing. But people believed him, because he seemed so genuine, and I know that he felt a deep need for sympathy. In other words, a perpetual victim.

Harry will continue this pattern of behaviour, because he truly feels life has treated him badly and he wants everyone to know. He will take every incident that made him feel uncomfortable as a child, and reconstruct it until he feels it will bring him sympathy. This will never end, and the stories he tells will move further and further away from the truth. So brace yourselves!
Sad .. but so very true

Reactions: Ezzy
What family members havnt had a fight at least once, I’m sorry Harry has turned into a weak snivelling girl.
Exactly! My brother and sister had lots of fights growing up! For a start, its sour grapes Harry is the second born and won’t have the kudos his brother and Kate have! Just plain sour grapes! 😱

Why shouldn’t Harry have a voice? I am over the Royal family being the be all and end all of everything good in England. The king is a philanderer who cheated on his wife fro the beginning. His mistress is now the Queen consort. Great legacy to live up to. I am not a royalist,I did respect Queen Elizabeth 11. The British media turned on Harry and Meghan and it was a feeding frenzy. Not everyone is everybody’s cup of tea but William had no right trying to split Harry and Meghan up. As for hitting his brother I think that tarnished his image and the poms won’t stand for that. What I don’t understand is how everyone makes out Harry is worse than Andrew. What a skewed outlook. I like Harry and Meghan. Unless you walk in their shoes you have no right to judge.
What a skewed way you have of looking at things Glo 72 I am an ex-pom who was bought up to admire the standard of the royal family. Yes, you will always get a black sheep in some families. But for that black sheep to go on & knock the belief that everyone else in the family is wrong is woeful. As for Meghan, she was always a shit actor who revelled in taking her clothes off on camera & used her negligible acting skill to catch Harry on the rebound from one of his other long-time girlfriends. They are getting what they deserve Universal hate from the UK British & many more in the world who admire the idea of Royalty.

Growing up in the UK I was never a lover of the Royals, these wealthy privileged people always thought they understood the British people public but the truth is they don't, Princess Diana's death proved that, they are the supporters of a class system which still exists today, Harry has long showed he is not a part of the class system, and has always reached out to the people, William has been groomed in his Grandmothers image, the same image of class, the rift we see was always going to happen, Harry married someone who did not fit the image they wanted, it is sad to see the brothers fight, in another time they would have been able to mend their relationship but now I fear the firm will never forgive Harry's revealing of the human nature of the Royals.
Harry is their mother's son, William is controlled by their father and a totally outdated system. I think it is time for the British Royal family to step back as their European cousins have done. I do not believe Charles has the right to the throne and absolutely Camilla should not be there either. William is the only legitimate heir to the throne. They change the rules to suit themselves. Here in Australia I feel it is time to become Independent.