Shocking photo of grandmother attacked in her own home released by police

Content Warning: This article contains graphic descriptions and imagery of a violent attack against the elderly. Reader discretion is advised.

In a deeply disturbing incident that has shaken the community and law enforcement alike, Western Australia Police have taken the unusual step of releasing a graphic image of a Perth grandmother who was brutally attacked in her own home.

The harrowing photo, which depicts the elderly woman named Nannette with severe bruising and injuries, has prompted a widespread appeal for information to bring the perpetrators to justice.

The assault occurred when Nannette and her husband Phillip, aged 73 and 76, respectively, were duped into allowing three men into their Girrawheen residence on Monday evening, April 15.

The men, who deceitfully claimed to be police officers, presented a counterfeit badge to gain entry. What unfolded over the next half-hour was nothing short of a nightmare.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 075323.png
Western Australia Police released a photo of the victim. Image source: Western Australia Police Force/Facebook

The elderly couple was subjected to a terrifying ordeal.

Phillip was restrained, while Nannette endured a savage beating at the hands of the intruders.

The attackers then proceeded to rob the couple of jewellery, which has been described as having 'extremely large value’, before making their escape on foot.

Police Commissioner Col Blanch expressed his revulsion upon seeing the image of the victim, stating: ‘I saw the photo of the victim this morning, and it made me sick to my stomach.’

‘To have people at home suffer that type of attack is a disgrace.’

Detective Inspector Gary Butler echoed these sentiments, saying: ‘Violence of this nature is unacceptable, and it will not be tolerated.’

‘The community deserves the right to feel safe and secure in their homes, the public should feel outraged,’ he added.

The community has been urged to assist in any way possible.

The couple's daughter, still reeling from the shock, revealed that her mother had just recovered from a health ordeal.

‘She's 73 years old, she's just fought cancer for two years, and she was just coming good,’ she said.

In the aftermath of the attack, some of the stolen items have been fortuitously recovered. However, the hunt for the assailants continues.

Detective Inspector Butler provided descriptions of the three men, noting their olive complexions and attire consisting of dark-coloured pants, shirts, and long-sleeve jackets.

Two of the men are approximately 165 centimetres tall, with the third being taller, between 185 and 190 centimetres.

‘We will not stop until these offenders are apprehended and placed before the courts,’ he said.

In light of this incident, the public has been reminded that legitimate plain-clothes police officers will always carry proper photographic identification, and residents should request and verify such credentials when officers request entry to a home.

Nannette was hospitalised for her injuries and remains in need of medical treatment, while Phillip has been discharged and is now being supported by family.

The trauma and physical pain inflicted upon this couple are immeasurable, and the community's assistance is crucial in capturing those responsible.

You can watch Detective Inspector Butler’s statement here:
Warning: This video shows graphic imagery. Viewer discretion is advised.

Source: Western Australia Police Force/Facebook​

The Western Australia Police posted: ‘Detectives are urging anyone with any information relating to this incident, or who saw, or has CCTV or dash-cam vision, of any suspicious persons or vehicles in the area of Allison Drive between 6:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m., to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or via www.crimestopperswa.com.au .’
Key Takeaways
  • Perth grandmother Nannette was viciously attacked by three men posing as police officers in her home in Girrawheen, Western Australia.
  • Nannette and her husband Phillip were duped by a fake police badge and subjected to a brutal 30-minute ordeal.
  • The attackers bound Phillip and savagely assaulted Nannette, stealing jewellery of significant value.
  • Police urge the public to come forward with any information and remind them that all plain-clothes officers must show photographic identification.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Nannette and Phillip, and their family during this difficult time.

Sponsored
I am sorry to tell you that Victoria is getting more and more like New York where there is no bail and the same perpetrators are caught and release times and time again.
You can thank your Labour Governemnt in Vicotria for that which was led by none ther than Chairman Dan where people could not even talk about going out for a walk on the beach or a swim while the lockdown was on or been arrested, but the crimminals are immediately released.
Still can't work out as to how Victorians are still voting the same mob in when they are kicked in the teeth times and time again.
Teals, Greens and an idiot bunch of conservatives.... it's a mess and getting worse!

Reactions: Kelpie
Teals, Greens and an idiot bunch of conservatives.... it's a mess and getting worse!
I do feel for you but it is getting the same in every other states due to the younger generations being brainwashed by the education systems and their Marxists teachers and professors.

That poor woman. To fight cancer for two years and be on the mend finally, only to have this happen. It's disgraceful and those responsible need the harshest of punishment.

I'm not an animal lover, but animals do not behave as these excuses for humans did. Here in Vic. they catch them slap them on the wrist then let them out on bail to offend again! I'm in despair at our so called justice system!
Not only in Victoria. It seems to be the norm Australia wide. The police catch them and the courts let them go. There is no justice for law abiding citizens anymore. I am glad that policewoman killed that guy in Bondi as he probably would have wound up in a psychiatric hospital for a few years and then released to do it all over again.

Reactions: Vinylted
I really feel for the elderly couple. What a cowardly and deceitful thing to do. The victims are parents who are just living a normal retirement life. The offenders badly assaulting the couple is So sad.
Maybe someone could install CCTV at the victims house, with sensor lights and a strong safety door.
I hope the couple are able to move forward with their lives. I hope the expensive and very valuable possesions are all recovered soon.
I really hope the WA POLICE can track down the offenders and charge them ASAP.
: (

Reactions: Annemarie