Shocking Display of Entitlement: See How One Driver Set Off a Coles Shopper's Fury in the Parking Lot!

Parking etiquette is a topic that can stir up quite a storm of opinions, especially when it comes to the often-crowded car parks of our local supermarkets. It's a place where courtesy and common sense should prevail, but as many of us have experienced, that's not always the case. This was vividly illustrated in a recent incident at a Coles car park in Newcastle, NSW, where a shopper's fury was ignited by what they perceived as an 'entitled' act by another driver.

The scene was set when a man returned to his Mazda, only to find a Range Rover parked over its bay and mere inches from his vehicle. Frustrated and angered by the driver's apparent disregard for others, he took matters into his own hands. Channelling his irritation, he penned a scathing note and placed it on the windscreen of the offending Range Rover. The message was clear and not minced in words: 'Next time, don't be a c******* and park so close to a f****** car!!!'

This incident, shared online, resonated with many who have faced similar situations. The collective sigh of exasperation over 'entitlement everywhere' was almost audible, with sympathisers understanding the difficulty of maneuvering into the driver's seat without risking damage to the cars.

1724992873765.png
A man left an angry note on a Range Rover parked too close to his car in a Newcastle Coles lot. Credit: Facebook

In Australia, the practice of leaving angry, handwritten notes on cars is not uncommon. It's a silent yet expressive way for drivers to vent their frustrations when face-to-face confrontation is avoided. While the anonymity of these notes is usually preserved, it's rare for the author to reveal themselves, as was the case in this Newcastle incident.

Yahoo News has reported several such events where drivers have returned to their vehicles to find candid critiques of their parking skills—or lack thereof—scribbled on paper. Another incident, similar to the one in Newcastle, made headlines in April when the recipient of a 'passive aggressive' note shared their surprise online after being chastised for parking too close to the line of a parking bay.

While these notes are often seen in a negative light, they can sometimes serve as a reminder of little-known parking rules. For instance, in Kiama, NSW, a car parked over a driveway received a strongly worded note that not only expressed annoyance but also pointed out the hefty $283 fine for the infraction.

Parking woes are a universal headache, and it seems that no one is immune to the occasional lapse in judgment—or patience. But these incidents serve as a reminder that a little consideration goes a long way. It's important to remember that when we're behind the wheel, we're part of a community, and our actions can have a ripple effect on those around us.

So, dear members of the Seniors Discount Club, we'd love to hear from you. Have you ever encountered a parking predicament that left you fuming? Or you've been on the receiving end of a note that made you rethink your parking habits. Share your stories in the comments below, and let's navigate the tricky terrain of car park courtesy together.
Key Takeaways
  • A man left an angry handwritten note on a Range Rover that was parked too close to his car at a Coles car park in Newcastle, NSW.
  • The note expressed his frustration at the perceived entitlement of the Range Rover’s driver and the difficulty this caused him in exiting his parking space.
  • Handwritten notes are a common way for Australians to communicate their annoyance at fellow drivers’ parking manners, although it is unusual for the author of the note to reveal themselves online.
  • These notes, albeit negative in nature, can sometimes raise awareness about little-known parking rules and potential fines for parking offences.
Remember, while it's tempting to leave a fiery note, it's always better to promote understanding and patience. After all, we've all had our off days, and a little empathy can make all the difference in turning a frustrating situation into a learning opportunity for everyone involved.

Sponsored
Notes are only negative to the people who receive them.
What is really annoying is going to your car and finding you cannot get in...sometimes...either side. Been there done that. Coffee and cake later, have gone back and still can't get in.
So, I waited. No note here as I couldn't leave anyhow.
Both drivers were youngish males who did not give a fig. But I felt better having the chance to tell them how thoughtless they were. Also, another thing I did was to question why they would need such big cars. Neither had an answer.
No matter what we do, there are people out there who don't care how they get to where they want to be, or what they do to get there. In the end...life goes on.

Notes are only negative to the people who receive them.
What is really annoying is going to your car and finding you cannot get in...sometimes...either side. Been there done that. Coffee and cake later, have gone back and still can't get in.
So, I waited. No note here as I couldn't leave anyhow.
Both drivers were youngish males who did not give a fig. But I felt better having the chance to tell them how thoughtless they were. Also, another thing I did was to question why they would need such big cars. Neither had an answer.
No matter what we do, there are people out there who don't care how they get to where they want to be, or what they do to get there. In the end...life goes on.
It's times like that you need a forklift. And I would be more than eager to use it! :mad:

Reactions: MariaG and DLHM
When Avery brought out sheets of business card size card, I printed a heap that had on it "Do You Always Park This Way or Are You Just a Selfish BASTARD"
At the time I was delivering office furniture and stationery around Cairns (early '80's)

Well, "DLHM", as with many others, you took the words straight out of our mouths.

"Veggie" was just waiting for that comment. He won't be disappointed,&, now he'll be another happy little vegemite for today.

Keep smiling.