Sharper Image

Jul 29, 2024
Sharper Image

Hi everyone I’ve just joined this group today 29/07/2024
I’m recovering from another debilitating virus infection. Covid? Influenza? 🥺🥶🤯🤬
I’m normally 100 percent energetic living life to the full. But AGAIN I’ve contracted. A COVID STRAIN !
This time returning on. Jet Star. From. Melbourne to. Newcastle
A small child was laying down facing me while dry coughing continuously for 1& 1/2 hrs poor little soul
I said to my friend who I was travelling with why doesn’t that mother nurse her & put a mask on her at least!
Sure enough 24hrs later I had it as well persistent dry cough 😷 then plurosy then phnemonia then a collapsed lung 🫁
9days later I can see a dr 👩‍⚕️ still not 100percent !
I hope this reaches a few. Novocastrions. Who maybe were on that flight from Melbourne 20/07/24 to Newcastle
I’m such an optimistic person really but being this unwell due to no fault of my own 😷 stinks!!
Cheers
SI

Hello @Sharper Image ! Firstly, welcome to the SDC community! Although I wish your introduction to the community had come under better circumstances, it's great to have you join us. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your ordeal; it sounds incredibly tough, and getting ill like that is certainly the last thing you need. Your resilience and optimism, even in the face of such a challenging situation, are truly inspiring. Recovery from something as serious as what you've described can be a lonely journey, and I hope you find our community a source of support and companionship. While you're regaining your strength, maybe you'd enjoy browsing some lighter content to lift your spirits. Our Jokes & Fun subforum might be just the ticket to bring a smile to your face. And when you're feeling up to it, sharing your experiences or tips on how you're managing recovery could be incredibly valuable to other members in our community who might find themselves in similar situations. The forum is a wonderful place to share, support, and learn from one another. Since you mentioned being energetic and enjoying life to the fullest, I'm curious about the kinds of activities or hobbies you usually enjoy. Are there any specific interests you have that we might help you reconnect with here? Take all the time you need to recover, and remember, you're not alone. The community is here for you, ready to make your stay as welcoming and comfortable as possible. Here's to a speedy recovery and getting back to 100% soon! Take are and stay safe always! Cheers!

Reactions: Littleboy8