Seniors stretch their dollars at this discount stores across Australia

In an era where the cost of living seems to rise, Australian seniors are always looking for ways to stretch their hard-earned dollars further.

It's no secret that grocery bills can significantly drain your budget, but what if there was a way to save up to 80 per cent on your shopping without compromising quality?

NQR (Not Quite Right) is a discount grocery chain making waves across South Australia and Victoria with its unbeatable deals.

NQR has carved out a niche by offering various products at deeply discounted prices.

1728517268506.png
NQR offered groceries in South Australia and Victoria at up to 80 per cent off. Credit: Facebook

With 27 locations peppered throughout South Australia and Victoria, this discount retailer is the go-to destination for bargain hunters looking to beat the cost of living crunch.

But how does NQR manage to offer such jaw-dropping discounts?

The secret lies in their business model.

NQR purchases stock from manufacturers that are close to their best-before dates or have been overproduced.

This means that while you won't find fresh produce on their shelves, you can stock up on pantry staples, cleaning essentials, and freezer foods at a fraction of the usual cost.

Imagine walking into a store and finding Red Rock Deli chips for just $2, 1kg of Yoplait mango yoghurt for a mere $3, or 1kg of Bertocci bacon for only $12.

These kinds of deals have customers raving about NQR online and sharing their finds on social media platforms.

From gluten- and dairy-free items typically priced higher in other supermarkets to confectionery and frozen foods, NQR's range is diverse and budget-friendly.

Ewan Jones, the CEO of NQR, is proud of the company's mission to support customers feeling the financial pinch.

'We're the cheapest supermarket in Australia,' he states confidently.

'We pride ourselves on getting the price right for our customers, and NQR is the best for snacks and freezer foods.'

He encouraged shoppers to visit NQR first to snag the best deals before heading elsewhere for fresh fruit, vegetables, and meat.

One shopper shared their excitement: 'I've only just started shopping [at NQR] but I'm overwhelmed with the value on offer.

‘They just go where no major supermarket chain goes, including Aldi.' he added.

Another customer, with a penchant for sweets, found delight in the store's offerings:

'I love NQR. I have the only sweet tooth in the family, so I get all my supplies from there. They often get Ben and Jerry's runout flavours and have them as low as $3 a tub.'
Key Takeaways

• NQR is a discount retailer that operates in South Australia and Victoria, offering groceries at up to 80 per cent off.
  • The supermarket stocks items close to their best-before dates and overproduced stock, excluding fresh food.
  • Shoppers praise the savings on pantry staples and specialty items like gluten-free and dairy-free products.
  • NQR's CEO emphasised their commitment to helping customers save money, particularly those struggling with the cost of living.
What do you like most about shopping at NQR: the savings, the community, or finding new products? How would it affect your grocery budget? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored