Laura bh

Feb 21, 2024
Self checkout!

Dear Woolworths, Coles, and all other stores that have self checkout.
You are heading towards almost exclusively self-checkout now.
The lady checking receipts at the exit was stopping
everyone.
I didn't choose to participate in that nonsense, I had already
🛒 filled my cart
🛒 emptied my cart
🛒 scanned the items
🛒refilled my cart
and so I just skipped the exit line and left.
I heard her saying "umm - Excuse me " as I kept walking and raised the receipt above my head, leaving the store.
You can either trust me to do self-checkout, or you can put your cashiers back in place like it used to be.
I'm not interested in proving that I did your job for you.
• If you want me to be a cashier with no training then that's vour problem not mine.
• Keep employing young people and give them job opportunities.
YOU DON'T PAY ME TO SCAN MY OWN SHOPPING.
YOU DON'T GIVE ME STAFF DISCOUNT FOR WORKING FOR YOU.
Signed ....All of us
These are jobs that are needed to have for young and old
………………………
Copied and pasted, because I agree 100%.
SPREAD IT AROUND
1710743723497.jpeg

I totally agree with what you are saying, however I will not use these horrible things and if a services checkout is not available I will leave my trolley load of groceries where it is and walk out the door to do my shopping where I will be served by an actual human. It is time these machines were all taken out and blown up so as things can go back to normal. Fancy these Muppets expecting everyone to do their work for them whilst they contribute to the long line of unemployed youth.

Typical of the self indulgent drivel this so called "Seniors" site. It is the way it is...the same social media fiends would be complaining about the slowness of the girl scanning the goods in the check out lanes if they didn't use self checkout. If this is all these drips have to complain about then they don't really have anything at all to complain about. I can understand the supermarket's attempt to stop theft. There is evidence of theft within the supermarket...an empty flavoured milk wrapper, an empty chocolate wrapper, an empty baby food. Maybe there wouldn't be a problem is anyone was as honest as them.

There's surely more important things to worry about these days than having to scan your own groceries.
For sure, it's not giving young people a chance to get work experience as cashiers, but apparently there's plenty of other work available within these supermarkets, such as refilling shelves etc.

Typical of the self indulgent drivel this so called "Seniors" site. It is the way it is...the same social media fiends would be complaining about the slowness of the girl scanning the goods in the check out lanes if they didn't use self checkout. If this is all these drips have to complain about then they don't really have anything at all to complain about. I can understand the supermarket's attempt to stop theft. There is evidence of theft within the supermarket...an empty flavoured milk wrapper, an empty chocolate wrapper, an empty baby food. Maybe there wouldn't be a problem is anyone was as honest as them.
Seems you have more to dribble about then most.

My local Woolworths have just installed more self serve checkouts because they can’t recruit enough new people to work for them and customers were demanding more self service as they were annoyed by having to wait in a queue to be served. This came from a couple of people who man the checkouts. I was surprised but then I shop online, it’s my husband who doesn’t mind I store shopping. He’s not bothered about having to use a self serve checkout either.

I agree and wondered if anyone knows why Coles insist on you scanning larger items first. I had barely got to the self service check out at my local store re ently when a staff member took the largest item from my trolley and scanned it saying sorry as she walked away leaving me to scan the other items.

Reactions: Ezzy
I agree and wondered if anyone knows why Coles insist on you scanning larger items first. I had barely got to the self service check out at my local store re ently when a staff member took the largest item from my trolley and scanned it saying sorry as she walked away leaving me to scan the other items.
It is an anti theft measure. If it truly worries you ,,,just grin and bear it. The large items were "seemingly" being forgotten by many shoppers when checking out. Hard to believe but 30 pack coke and 24 pack waters number among the most stolen items.

Reactions: Wieso and PattiB
Self Serve was originally started to get people with a few items out quickly and I still use them in this way. I hate using it for a larger shop. There's just so much dicking about with your bags. Rather go to a serviced checkout for more than one bag full.

I will not use the self serve checkout but if others want to that's their perogative. But for those that do not want to do so, there should be enough manned checkouts available
There's surely more important things to worry about these days than having to scan your own groceries.
For sure, it's not giving young people a chance to get work experience as cashiers, but apparently there's plenty of other work available within these supermarkets, such as refilling shelves etc.

I will not use the self serve checkout but if others want to that's their perogative. But for those that do not want to do so, there should be enough manned checkouts available

Why shouldn't people on here voice their opinion, it's good to see how many people are for and against ,if you're not into this discussion move on,stop demeaning

Reactions: Ezzy and maherdj
I totally agree with what you are saying, however I will not use these horrible things and if a services checkout is not available I will leave my trolley load of groceries where it is and walk out the door to do my shopping where I will be served by an actual human. It is time these machines were all taken out and blown up so as things can go back to normal. Fancy these Muppets expecting everyone to do their work for them whilst they contribute to the long line of unemployed youth.
I so agree with you. I DON'T WORK FOR THE SUPERMARKET, I AM A CUSTOMER. SERVE ME, WITH A SMILE 😃.