‘Class act’: Delivery driver’s outrageous act caught on camera

In an age where home deliveries have become the norm, we trust that our parcels and packages will be handled with care and that delivery drivers will act responsibly.

However, a recent incident has left Aussies in disbelief.

A delivery driver's shocking behaviour was captured on camera, raising questions about the accountability and professionalism of couriers.

The incident occurred at around 9:53 am on Monday on O’Gorman Street in Albion Park, Sydney, where a routine delivery took a turn for the worse.

The driver parked his van behind a Tesla, exited the vehicle, and crossed the road to deliver a parcel.

However, in a moment of distraction, the driver stopped to stretch, and that's when the unexpected happened.

compressed-tesla 2.jpeg
The delivery rider damaged a Tesla in one of his ‘routine’ deliveries. Image Credit: Tesla

The van began to roll backward, gaining momentum before it collided with the parked Tesla.

The sound of the impact was enough to catch the driver’s attention, making him sprint back to his van.

In a state of panic, the driver hopped into the van, reversed, and left the scene without delivering the parcel or even leaving a note on the damaged Tesla.

The owner of the Tesla, upset by the hit-and-run, described the incident as a 'dodged car offence'.

‘I actually chuckled after I first saw it because I knew it would all be on video,’ the owner said, with amusement quickly turning to frustration.

‘But I’m pretty annoyed I’ve had to run around and sort it all out and talk to cops and get quotes from insurance and the whole lot.’

To search for the driver responsible for the damage, the video was shared on a community social media page, where locals expressed their shock and dismay at the driver's irresponsible actions.

'Well, this is juicy,' one comment read.

‘He just took off,' another comment said, highlighting the community's collective disbelief.

Despite the footage, it’s unclear which delivery company the driver was working for.

However, the incident has sparked conversations about the expectations we place on courier services, and the measures in place to ensure drivers are held accountable for their actions.
Key Takeaways

• A delivery driver was caught on camera fleeing after his van hit a Tesla in Albion Park, Sydney.
  • The driver, who had left his vehicle to deliver a parcel, did not secure the van, leading it to roll into the Tesla.
  • The Tesla owner has reported the incident to police and had to deal with the aftermath of the collision.
  • The video was shared on social media, eliciting shocked and disbelieving reactions from the community.
Have you had any similar experiences with delivery drivers, or do you have thoughts on how the industry can improve its standards? Share your stories and opinions in the comments below

Sponsored
A delivery driver drove passed my sons Nissian ute and his back door flew open damaging the taillights and side of the Ute. It was sorted out by insurance but it the inconvenience of it all as he still had to get to work.

• Sad
Reactions: Danielle F.
Hubby and I were chillaxing at a bakery...trah lah lah ... lovely day.
Through the window, I saw our car shake, so I figured there had been a knock.
Outside I went, and a lovely young girl said the saw a guy back into the car, and keep going. She took down the number plate.
So, I had the number, and loh & behold, dash cam got a pic.
I went to the police, not to report damage, because it was only the number plate the got squashed. I went to report the person for leaving the scene.
To give the police credit, they did investigate, and call me back at a later date.
It seems, the number plates on the car belonged to another vehicle ... so, no way to track him.
What did I get out of this?
1. The young girl restored my faith in teens. She wouldn't even accept a cuppa or a treat for her trouble.
2. The police do their job when they can.
Every cloud has a silver lining.

Reactions: terri
Hubby and I were chillaxing at a bakery...trah lah lah ... lovely day.
Through the window, I saw our car shake, so I figured there had been a knock.
Outside I went, and a lovely young girl said the saw a guy back into the car, and keep going. She took down the number plate.
So, I had the number, and loh & behold, dash cam got a pic.
I went to the police, not to report damage, because it was only the number plate the got squashed. I went to report the person for leaving the scene.
To give the police credit, they did investigate, and call me back at a later date.
It seems, the number plates on the car belonged to another vehicle ... so, no way to track him.
What did I get out of this?
1. The young girl restored my faith in teens. She wouldn't even accept a cuppa or a treat for her trouble.
2. The police do their job when they can.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
Or the police told you what you wanted to hear. Stolen plates seem to be the answer to many enquiries to police. Had similar response when I had my car damaged, first 'are you insured'? If so, take it up with insurance. Dash cam records in sleeper mode for 30 seconds and when it detects movement etc saves the recording. Gave cops footage, eventually got a message plates on the other car where stolen, and let insurance know, insurance wanted police report to back up, but cops weren't so keen to put in writing, just gave me a card and said insurance can contact their liaison people.

Or the police told you what you wanted to hear. Stolen plates seem to be the answer to many enquiries to police. Had similar response when I had my car damaged, first 'are you insured'? If so, take it up with insurance. Dash cam records in sleeper mode for 30 seconds and when it detects movement etc saves the recording. Gave cops footage, eventually got a message plates on the other car where stolen, and let insurance know, insurance wanted police report to back up, but cops weren't so keen to put in writing, just gave me a card and said insurance can contact their liaison people.
Interesting.
I didn't realise it is so prevalent.
I guess my sookie demeaner worked with the officer I had contact with.
Even though I didn't need insurance, a report was offered. I suppose in some areas, they don't consider these things as crucial. All in the eye of the beholder,

Reactions: AlanQ