Observer

Sep 21, 2022
See if you can keep up

Psychiatrist Asks Alabaman Why He Has A Drinking Problem

An Alabaman went to see a psychiatrist because of his drinking problem. He sat down on the couch in his office, and the psychiatrist asked him, “So, can you tell me the reason why you're drinking?”

The patient took a deep breath and said, “Sure, I know exactly why I'm drinking, and I'll tell you right now. It all started when I got married, and I guess I should never have done it. I met and married a widow with a grown daughter who then became my stepdaughter.”

The man went on, “One day, my dad came to visit us. He promptly fell in love with my lovely stepdaughter and eventually married her

And so my stepdaughter was now my stepmother. Soon, me and my wife had a son who was, of course, my dad's brother-in-law since he is the half-brother of my stepdaughter, who is now, of course, my dad's wife.

So, as I told you, when my stepdaughter married my dad, she was also my stepmother! Now, since my new son is brother to my stepmother, he also became my uncle. As you know, my wife is my step-grandmother since she is my stepmother's mother. Don't forget that my stepmother is my stepdaughter.

It gets better: I am now my wife's grandson. Since I'm married to my step-grandmother, I am not only the wife's grandson and her hubby, but I am also my own grandfather.”

The psychiatrist looked horrified, took a deep breath and said,

“Now I understand why you drink. By all means, keep it up!”

Reactions: Ian D