Secret cleaning tip takes years off your Tupperware's appearance

If you're anything like us here at the Seniors Discount Club, you've likely amassed quite a collection of Tupperware over the years. Tupperware has been a faithful companion, keeping our food fresh and easily transportable. But as handy as these kitchen staples may be, they're also notorious for picking up stubborn stains that won't budge, no matter how hard we scrub.

Well, dear members, it's time to put down your sponges and step away from the dishwasher. One of our fellow Tupperware enthusiasts, a mother who goes by @ariganja on social media, has shared a genius solution that promises to remove even the most stubborn of stains and leave your Tupperware looking brand new. Best of all, this miracle solution uses items you likely already have in your kitchen!

1684131927391.png
A mother recently shared an insightful video where she demonstrates her effective method for cleaning Tupperware dishes, resulting in a pristine and brand-new appearance. Source: @ariganja/Tiktok

Amassing an impressive 19,400 likes and over 1,000 shares, the mum's step-by-step video tutorial takes viewers through her simple, yet incredibly effective, cleaning method. Forget that age-old routine of scrubbing furiously at your Tupperware, hoping to make a dent in seemingly everlasting stains. This cleaning tip is a veritable game-changer.

Here's how it works. Start by taking a paper towel and ripping off a few pieces. Fill your stained Tupperware container with a small amount of hot water - about halfway should do the trick. Add a little bit of dishwashing liquid, and then toss your paper towel pieces into the container.

1684131927459.png
She started by filling a dish halfway with hot water and adding a generous amount of dish soap. Afterwards, she demonstrated how she tears up paper towels and adds them to the container. Source: @ariganja/Tiktok

Next, ensure your lid is tightly secured (if, like many of us, you're unable to locate the elusive matching lid, a suitable alternative will do). Shake the container vigorously, causing the soapy water and paper towel mixture to create a foamy solution that works its magic on that pesky built-up grease and grime. Be prepared to shake for several minutes, and if you're worried about spillage, feel free to shake over the sink for a mess-free experience.

1684131927600.png
Introducing the game-changing result: A revolutionary hack that saves us from the hassle of hand-scrubbing or dishwasher struggles when it comes to our Tupperware.Source: @ariganja/Tiktok

Check out the video here:

Though the video doesn't specify the exact duration of shaking required, the mum displays the stunning end result: a squeaky clean, grease-free Tupperware container that looks as good as the day you bought it.

Comments such as 'How!? What is this black magic!? Also, thank you!' and 'Tupperware witchcraft!' showcase just how impressed we all are with this simple yet effective method.

One particularly grateful member stated, 'This is so cool because this has happened to me all the time, and I throw them away. Will try this.'

Of course, as with any online tutorial, there's always a hint of relatable humour. One cheeky user quipped, 'Bold of you to assume we all know where our lids are.'

Alternative Cleaning Ideas for Tupperware and Other Kitchen Items​

Although the hack is an effective way of cleaning plastic containers and dishes, there are also plenty of other ways to spruce up your Tupperware and other kitchen items. For instance, vinegar is known to be a powerful cleaning agent and can be used with baking soda as a paste. All you have to do is add a few tablespoons of vinegar to a couple of tablespoons of bicarb soda, mix them into a paste, and scrub away the dirt and grease.

For those of us with stainless steel pots and pans, another great way to remove hardened grease is by using salt and lemon. Cut up a lemon, sprinkle some salt into the pan, and then use the lemon as an abrasive by rubbing the salt paste in circular motions with the lemon. You won’t believe just how clean your pots will look after just one use of this DIY cleaner!

Key Takeaways

• A mum shared a method to remove grease and gunk from Tupperware using dish soap and paper towels.
  • The video gained over 19,400 likes and more than 1,000 shares, with many users praising the cleaning method.
  • The mum demonstrated a step-by-step process for how to clean plastic containers with the soap and paper towel mixture.
  • Social media users have been impressed and grateful for the Tupperware cleaning help.
So, members, there you have it—a revolutionary cleaning method that breathes new life into your old, stained Tupperware. Give it a try yourself and see just how satisfying it is to watch those stubborn stains disappear before your very eyes. Guaranteed to make your Tupperware look as good as new!

Do you have any cleaning tips of your own? Be sure to share them in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
If you're anything like us here at the Seniors Discount Club, you've likely amassed quite a collection of Tupperware over the years. Tupperware has been a faithful companion, keeping our food fresh and easily transportable. But as handy as these kitchen staples may be, they're also notorious for picking up stubborn stains that won't budge, no matter how hard we scrub.

Well, dear members, it's time to put down your sponges and step away from the dishwasher. One of our fellow Tupperware enthusiasts, a mother who goes by @ariganja on social media, has shared a genius solution that promises to remove even the most stubborn of stains and leave your Tupperware looking brand new. Best of all, this miracle solution uses items you likely already have in your kitchen!

View attachment 19841
A mother recently shared an insightful video where she demonstrates her effective method for cleaning Tupperware dishes, resulting in a pristine and brand-new appearance. Source: @ariganja/Tiktok

Amassing an impressive 19,400 likes and over 1,000 shares, the mum's step-by-step video tutorial takes viewers through her simple, yet incredibly effective, cleaning method. Forget that age-old routine of scrubbing furiously at your Tupperware, hoping to make a dent in seemingly everlasting stains. This cleaning tip is a veritable game-changer.

Here's how it works. Start by taking a paper towel and ripping off a few pieces. Fill your stained Tupperware container with a small amount of hot water - about halfway should do the trick. Add a little bit of dishwashing liquid, and then toss your paper towel pieces into the container.

View attachment 19842
She started by filling a dish halfway with hot water and adding a generous amount of dish soap. Afterwards, she demonstrated how she tears up paper towels and adds them to the container. Source: @ariganja/Tiktok

Next, ensure your lid is tightly secured (if, like many of us, you're unable to locate the elusive matching lid, a suitable alternative will do). Shake the container vigorously, causing the soapy water and paper towel mixture to create a foamy solution that works its magic on that pesky built-up grease and grime. Be prepared to shake for several minutes, and if you're worried about spillage, feel free to shake over the sink for a mess-free experience.

View attachment 19843
Introducing the game-changing result: A revolutionary hack that saves us from the hassle of hand-scrubbing or dishwasher struggles when it comes to our Tupperware.Source: @ariganja/Tiktok

Check out the video here:

Though the video doesn't specify the exact duration of shaking required, the mum displays the stunning end result: a squeaky clean, grease-free Tupperware container that looks as good as the day you bought it.

Comments such as 'How!? What is this black magic!? Also, thank you!' and 'Tupperware witchcraft!' showcase just how impressed we all are with this simple yet effective method.

One particularly grateful member stated, 'This is so cool because this has happened to me all the time, and I throw them away. Will try this.'

Of course, as with any online tutorial, there's always a hint of relatable humour. One cheeky user quipped, 'Bold of you to assume we all know where our lids are.'

Alternative Cleaning Ideas for Tupperware and Other Kitchen Items​

Although the hack is an effective way of cleaning plastic containers and dishes, there are also plenty of other ways to spruce up your Tupperware and other kitchen items. For instance, vinegar is known to be a powerful cleaning agent and can be used with baking soda as a paste. All you have to do is add a few tablespoons of vinegar to a couple of tablespoons of bicarb soda, mix them into a paste, and scrub away the dirt and grease.

For those of us with stainless steel pots and pans, another great way to remove hardened grease is by using salt and lemon. Cut up a lemon, sprinkle some salt into the pan, and then use the lemon as an abrasive by rubbing the salt paste in circular motions with the lemon. You won’t believe just how clean your pots will look after just one use of this DIY cleaner!

Key Takeaways

• A mum shared a method to remove grease and gunk from Tupperware using dish soap and paper towels.
  • The video gained over 19,400 likes and more than 1,000 shares, with many users praising the cleaning method.
  • The mum demonstrated a step-by-step process for how to clean plastic containers with the soap and paper towel mixture.
  • Social media users have been impressed and grateful for the Tupperware cleaning help.
So, members, there you have it—a revolutionary cleaning method that breathes new life into your old, stained Tupperware. Give it a try yourself and see just how satisfying it is to watch those stubborn stains disappear before your very eyes. Guaranteed to make your Tupperware look as good as new!

Do you have any cleaning tips of your own? Be sure to share them in the comments section below!

If you still have stubborn tomato or curry stains in them....after washing put out in the sun for an hour or so...the ultra violet light will remove them. I do this with my plastic cutting boards too.

I have given up on Tupperware , they don’t replace it anymore . They used to replace it for free in earlier years . Now you have to pay for posting replacement items out to you . Often I got replacements which was nothing like the items I used to have . Also you may everything in red or green and your replacement lid is a different colour . When I used to a demonstration , they show you how good it looks in your pantry , but with all the different lids and replacements items , it does not great . No more Tupperware for me . (n)

I am pretty sure we have always soaked baking trays, casserole dishes, frypans, plastic items, etc with hot soapy water for a certain amount of time - and then - washed them clean! - still it is good she has shared this & that it has been posted! for the younger generation-full circle:_)

A suggestion was made for vinegar & bicarb. Does the plastic absorb the taste of the vinegar, please? (trust a man to ask that question, eh).

Reactions: Tervueren
A suggestion was made for vinegar & bicarb. Does the plastic absorb the taste of the vinegar, please? (trust a man to ask that question, eh).

No I have not had that problem. I do not leave the mixture in the tupperware for more than 10 minutes and it makes the job quick and easy ;) cheers Mike.

Reactions: Ezzy
I honestly doubt that was Tupperware, so who knows. Best to use the coloured version if you’re cooking with tomatoes or the like that will stain. And as for the complaint regarding warranty on Tupperware which other plastics manufacturer has a life warranty. Sure they ask for postage but it’s like $8 or $10 max. If my item cannot be replaced I’ve been sent the whole replacement set ( so then it does maTch) but realistically if you bought decor or even some Pyrex item they don’t manufacture the same dishes for the rest of eternity and Honestly I wouldn’t expect that either. I’m just happy to get a replacement at just postage. It may be expensive but def worth it long run. I have NO complaints
I also have decor and Pyrex microwave dishes and have not many issues either but Tupperware I’ve had since 70’s as well,as the newer and I love it .