SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #99 - 02/09/2023

Question 1: Which animal has the longest lifespan?

The Bowhead Whale is currently known to have the longest lifespan of any animal, they have been known to live over 200 years. The oldest recorded Bowhead lived to be 211 years old.

Question 2: When was the telephone first invented?

The telephone was first patented by Alexander Graham Bell in 1876. This invention revolutionized the way people communicated, drastically increasing the speed at which information could be shared.

Question 3: What is Ludwig van Beethoven's most famous symphony?

Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 9, also known as the 'Choral', is well known especially for its fourth movement – a setting of Friedrich Schiller’s "Ode to Joy" and it is often considered one of the crown jewels of western music. It is the first example of a major composer using voices in a symphony.

Question 4: What is the next number in the Fibonacci sequence: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8...?

The Fibonacci sequence is a series of numbers where a number is the addition of the last two numbers, starting with 0 and 1. Hence, after 5 and 8, the next number is 13.

Question 5: Where was the television show "Game of Thrones" primarily filmed?

While "Game of Thrones" was filmed in multiple locations around the world including Croatia, Iceland, Malta, Morocco, and Spain, the majority of the series was filmed in Belfast and other locations in Northern Ireland. The country's diverse landscapes served as the backdrop for many of the Seven Kingdoms in the show.

Question 6: Where was the first successful vaccine developed?

The first successful vaccine was developed by Louis Pasteur in France against the rabies virus in 1885.

Question 7: What is the main ingredient in hummus?

Hummus is a typical Middle Eastern dish primarily made from chickpeas. Other common ingredients include garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil.

Question 8: Where was the Library of Alexandria located?

The Library of Alexandria, one of the largest libraries of the ancient world, was in Alexandria, Egypt. It was a major center of scholarship from its construction in the 3rd century BC until the Roman conquest of Egypt in 30 BC.

Question 9: The Minotaur, a creature with the body of a man and the head of a bull, is a mythological beast from which culture?

The Minotaur is a creature from Greek mythology. King Minos of Crete was said to keep the Minotaur in a labyrinth designed by the architect Daedalus and his son Icarus.

Question 10: How many heads did the Greek mythological creature Hydra originally have?

In Greek mythology, the Hydra was a giant water serpent with nine heads. For each head cut off, one or more new heads would grow in its place, making it a formidable adversary.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #99
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Only 70% today!!

#1…Ocean Quahog Clam 507 years was found in 2006. It’s age was determined by counting the growth rings in it’s shell!!!!

I sucked so badly I’m ashamed to even post my results! From 90 yesterday to a fail today!
Ha! I did exactly the same. All depends on how your brain works - some subjects are easy, some I’ve got no hope. Although sometimes I’m really surprised that I know the answer!

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #99
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Some days are better than others…we all have things that really interest us, so we are good at those questions…for me it is anything science related….I struggle with history (worst subject at school)
But at least you are having ago, keeping your brain active…tomorrow is another day!!