SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #92 - 26/08/2023

Question 1: How many countries are in the European Union?

The European Union currently has 28 member states as of 2021, with the United Kingdom's withdrawal recently taking effect on January 1, 2021.

Question 2: What was the name of the Act implemented in the U.S. in 1933 that allowed alcohol to be produced and sold legally?

The Cullen-Harrison Act was enacted by Congress in 1933, and amended the Eighteenth Amendment, which marked the beginning of the end of Prohibition in the United States.

Question 3: Which company produced the world's first mass-produced automobile?

In 1908, the Ford Model T became the world's first mass-produced automobile, churning out more than 15 million Model T’s over a 20-year span.

Question 4: When was the sneaker brand Converse founded?

In 1908, Marquis Mills Converse founded his namesake company, the Converse Rubber Shoe Company, to make the iconic basketball shoes that have since become a wardrobe staple for many fashionable personalities.

Question 5: When was the first version of the English dictionary published?

The first version of the English dictionary was published in 1755 by lexicographer and poet Samuel Johnson and was titled A Dictionary of the English Language. It included approximately 42,773 words.

Question 6: What is the smallest bone in the human body?

The stapes bone is located in the middle ear and is responsible for transmitting sound vibrations to the inner ear. It measures about 3 millimeters in length.

Question 7: How many books are in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible?

The Old Testament is the first part of the Christian Bible and primarily comprises writings from before the life of Jesus Christ. It is divided into four main sections: the Pentateuch, the Historical Books, the Wisdom and Poetry Books, and the Prophetic Books.

Question 8: Why do Buddhists follow the Eightfold Path?

The Eightfold Path is a set of guidelines that Buddhists follow in order to achieve a higher spiritual understanding, ultimately leading to the cessation of suffering and the realization of the true nature of reality (Nirvana).

Question 9: When was Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" first published?

"To Kill a Mockingbird" is a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel set in the American South during the 1930s. The story portrays racial injustice and the loss of innocence through the eyes of the young protagonist, Scout Finch.

Question 10: In which year was the classic Australian novel "Picnic at Hanging Rock" first published?

"Picnic at Hanging Rock" was written by Australian author Joan Lindsay and published in 1967. The novel has been adapted into a critically acclaimed film and television series.

You got answers correct

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #92
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
'What year' questions are lame as they add nothing of interest IMO.

Reactions: Jeanne
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #92
Question 1: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Question 7: 🟥
'What year' questions are lame as they add nothing of interest IMO.

Question 6: 🟥

I guessed a few today, some of those there us no way I would have know. Lucky guesses I actually only knew 6 , 1 wrong and 3 lucky guesses

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #92
Question 1: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩