SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #85 - 19/08/2023

Question 1: How many actors have played the role of James Bond in the official film series?

Six actors have played the iconic role of James Bond in the official film series: Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig. Over the years, these actors have brought their unique styles and charm to the character, keeping 007 a popular figure in pop culture.

Question 2: How many awards did the 1969 film "Midnight Cowboy" win at the 42nd Annual Academy Awards?

"Midnight Cowboy" won three Academy Awards in 1970: Best Picture, Best Director (John Schlesinger), and Best Adapted Screenplay (Waldo Salt). Notably, it is the only X-rated film in history to win the Best Picture award, although its rating was later changed to an R rating.

Question 3: What is the rarest blood type in humans?

AB negative is the rarest blood type found in humans, occurring in only about 1% of the global population. This makes it a highly sought-after blood type for donations, as it can be given to individuals with AB positive or AB negative blood types.

Question 4: The process of breeding and raising fish in specially designed environments is known as what?

Aquaculture, also known as fish farming or pisciculture, involves the cultivation of aquatic organisms such as fish, crustaceans, mollusks, and aquatic plants in controlled environments. It is an increasingly important source of protein for human consumption, contributing to nearly half of the world's seafood supply.

Question 5: How many heart chambers does a reptile typically have?

While mammals typically have four heart chambers, reptiles usually have three chambers – two atria and one partially-divided ventricle. This divided ventricle allows for a little mixing of oxygen-rich and oxygen-poor blood, which is less efficient than the four-chambered hearts found in mammals and birds. Crocodiles, however, are an exception and have a four-chambered heart like mammals and birds.

Question 6: When do deciduous trees generally shed their leaves?

Deciduous trees typically shed their leaves in autumn as a response to the colder temperatures and reduced sunlight. This process allows the trees to conserve moisture and energy during the winter months. Colored foliage we observe during fall is due to the presence of pigments such as carotenoids and anthocyanins in the leaves.

Question 7: If Which popular British sitcom features a character named "Del Boy"?.

"Only Fools and Horses" is a British sitcom created and written by John Sullivan which aired from 1981 to 2003. The show follows the misadventures of Derek "Del Boy" Trotter and his brother Rodney as they concoct various get-rich-quick schemes in London's working-class Peckham neighborhood.

Question 8: In the 1960s, which bold pattern became popular in clothing and accessories?

Paisley patterns became popular in the 1960s and were inspired by Indian and Persian designs. They were often seen on shirts, dresses, and accessories like scarves and ties. This trend is often associated with the "hippie" movement and the British rock-and-roll scene, particularly bands like the Beatles.

Question 9: Which classic novel features the character Atticus Finch?

To Kill a Mockingbird, written by Harper Lee and published in 1960, features Atticus Finch as a central character. He is a lawyer and the father of the protagonist, Scout Finch. The novel, set in the 1930s, deals with issues of racial injustice and moral growth of its characters, and it has become a classic piece of American literature.

Question 10: In Hinduism, who is known as the god of destruction?

Shiva is part of the Hindu trinity, also known as Trimurti, which consists of Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver, and Shiva the destroyer. Shiva plays a key role in maintaining the cycle of creation, preservation, and destruction in the universe, as he destroys in order to create the space for new life.

You got answers correct

Reactions: Rambo10
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #85
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Questi
on 10: 🟩

Reactions: Bullwinkle
Well I got 90% today….not being a James Bond fan.
So I asked my partner who is a fan he said there have been seven actors who have played James Bond…sure was??
Sean Connery 1962 - 1967…1971, 1983
David Niven 1967
George Lazenby 1969
Roger Moore 1973 - 1985
Timothy Dalton 1987 - 1989
Pierce Brosnan 1995 - 2002
Daniel Craig 2006 - 2021

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #85
Question 2: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #85
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Jo Piper3
I got 9/10 I have to say I asked hubby the Janes Bond one as he is a big fan and he said 7. So I checked the answer and it was 7. So technically I got 10
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #85
Question 2: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩