SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #71 - 05/08/2023

Question 1: The Arrector Pili muscles are responsible for what bodily phenomenon?

Arrector Pili muscles are attached to hair follicles in mammals, including in humans. When these fine muscles contract, the hair stands on its end, producing what we know as goosebumps.

Question 2: Which actress starred in the romantic comedy ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’?

Four Weddings and a Funeral is a 1994 British romantic comedy film directed by Mike Newell. Andie MacDowell played the lead female role of Carrie, an American who meets and falls in love with the British character Charles, played by Hugh Grant.

Question 3: Which animal has the world's largest eyes?

Experts believe that the title of the largest eyes in the entire animal kingdom belongs to colossal squids. Their eyes measure up to 10 inches in diameter, which is equivalent to the size of a football.

Question 4: What breed is the world's tallest dog?

The current record holder for the world's tallest dog is a Great Dane named Zeus, who stands 1.46 metres tall, according to the Guinness World Records.

Question 5: Which country did doughnuts originate from?

The earliest origins of modern doughnuts trace back to Germany in the 18th century. The cookbook Küchenmeisterei (Mastery of the Kitchen), published in Nuremberg in 1485, offers a recipe for 'Gefüllte Krapfen', sugar free, stuffed, fried dough cakes.

Question 6: What do you call a male turkey?

Male turkeys are called toms or gobblers! Female turkeys are called hens.

Question 7: What do you call the study of the history and origin of names, especially those of people?

Onomastics is the study of the history and origin of names, especially those of people. Aside from people, onomastics also covers other subtopics like the names of places and other naming patterns based on factors like culture or religion.

Question 8: Which famous band released the album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is the eighth studio album by the English rock band the Beatles.

Question 9: Which era marked the beginning of farming?

Also referred to as the Agricultural Revolution, the Neolithic Revolution marked the beginning of farming settlements and early civilisation.

Question 10: What is the largest of the great apes?

Gorillas are the largest of the great apes. The eastern lowland gorilla, also known as Grauer’s gorilla, is the largest of the four gorilla subspecies that can reach up to 1.8 metres tall and weigh up to 226 kg.

You got answers correct

• Angry
Reactions: KaraJenna
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #71
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Question 7: What do you call the study of the history and origin of names, especially those of people?​

incorrect.svg
A. Onomastics
B. Nameology
C. Nomenstudius
correct.svg
D. Onomastics
Incorrect! Onomastics is the study of the history and origin of names, especially those of people. Aside from people, onomastics also covers other subtopics like the names of places and other naming patterns based on factors like culture or religion.

again you have put the same answer in a question and when you choose it you get it wrong how can this be the spelling is the same, someone needs to check better before sending out.

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #71
Question 6: 🟥
I got done good by Tomfoolery from some Turkey😉😄

According to “SDC” I got 6 out of 10, but I personally am claiming 7 out of 10, as you have done it again…same answer for 7 - A or D..I chose A, marked wrong…
“Still got that bug in the system”

Question 7: What do you call the study of the history and origin of names, especially those of people?​

incorrect.svg
A. Onomastics
B. Nameology
C. Nomenstudius
correct.svg
D. Onomastics
Incorrect! Onomastics is the study of the history and origin of names, especially those of people. Aside from people, onomastics also covers other subtopics like the names of places and other naming patterns based on factors like culture or religion.

again you have put the same answer in a question and when you choose it you get it wrong how can this be the spelling is the same, someone needs to check better before sending out.
Definitely gremlins at work.

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #71
Question 5: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩

still haven't made it to the elusive perfect score

Reactions: Bullwinkle

Question 1: The Arrector Pili muscles are responsible for what bodily phenomenon?

Arrector Pili muscles are attached to hair follicles in mammals, including in humans. When these fine muscles contract, the hair stands on its end, producing what we know as goosebumps.

Question 2: Which actress starred in the romantic comedy ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’?

Four Weddings and a Funeral is a 1994 British romantic comedy film directed by Mike Newell. Andie MacDowell played the lead female role of Carrie, an American who meets and falls in love with the British character Charles, played by Hugh Grant.

Experts believe that the title of the largest eyes in the entire animal kingdom belongs to colossal squids. Their eyes measure up to 10 inches in diameter, which is equivalent to the size of a football.

The current record holder for the world's tallest dog is a Great Dane named Zeus, who stands 1.46 metres tall, according to the Guinness World Records.

The earliest origins of modern doughnuts trace back to Germany in the 18th century. The cookbook Küchenmeisterei (Mastery of the Kitchen), published in Nuremberg in 1485, offers a recipe for 'Gefüllte Krapfen', sugar free, stuffed, fried dough cakes.

Question 7: What do you call the study of the history and origin of names, especially those of people?

Onomastics is the study of the history and origin of names, especially those of people. Aside from people, onomastics also covers other subtopics like the names of places and other naming patterns based on factors like culture or religion.

Question 8: Which famous band released the album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is the eighth studio album by the English rock band the Beatles.

Also referred to as the Agricultural Revolution, the Neolithic Revolution marked the beginning of farming settlements and early civilisation.

Gorillas are the largest of the great apes. The eastern lowland gorilla, also known as Grauer’s gorilla, is the largest of the four gorilla subspecies that can reach up to 1.8 metres tall and weigh up to 226 kg.

You got answers correct
Quest. 7. Answer A. Onomastics
D. Onomastics. Answered A but marked wrong while D given for correct answer. Unless I'm misreading something, both answers are the same.

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #71
I got question seven correct, so nine out of ten.

incorrect.svg
A. Onomastics
B. Nameology
C. Nomenstudius
correct.svg
D. Onomastics

Totally agree. Also Q6 is debatable according to my sources.

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #71
Question 4: 🟩

You got answers correct
Why are there so many mistakes, everyday??

You got answers correct
Does 30% count

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #71

Q4: Officially the world's tallest dog breed, the Irish wolfhound is also one of the oldest.
Q5: Doughnuts are deep-fried cakes with a long European history and roots in still earlier Middle Eastern cuisine. They were introduced to America by the Dutch in New Netherlands to America as oliekoecken (oil cakes or fried cakes).
SO...Really i got 100% since i put Irish Wolfhound and Belgium (since Dutch was not an answer)

Reactions: Thecheesequeen

You got answers correct
Question 7 had the same answer for A and D, 'onomastics'. I clicked 'a' and got a 'wrong'. The answer came up as 'd' as right. Add one to my score please.

Too many mistakes today.

I just checked the answers and
I was pretty sure the Irish wolf hound is the tallest dog breed in the world and it is

Question 5 .. donuts definetly didnt originated in Germany it's shown the Dutch were the first although England says it was them. There were no correct answer to click on

Question 7. I answered it correct but unfortunately the answer doubled up and I clicked on the top one