SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #64 - 28/07/2023

Question 1: The famous Australian movie "Crocodile Dundee" was released in which year?

"Crocodile Dundee" was a major international success, starring Australian actor Paul Hogan, who portrayed Mick Dundee, a crocodile hunter from the Australian Outback. The film became the highest-grossing Australian movie at the time.

Question 2: What is the process by which rock is broken down by changes in temperature?

Thermal weathering, also known as insolation weathering, occurs when rocks are exposed to fluctuating temperatures. The repeated expansion and contraction of the rock due to temperature changes causes the rock to weaken and break.

Question 3: In what year did Australia adopt its current national flag?

Australia's current national flag was proclaimed the official flag under the Flags Act 1953, signed into law by Queen Elizabeth II on April 15, 1954. The Australian flag design includes the Union Jack, the Commonwealth Star, and the Southern Cross.

Question 4: Where was the sandwich believed to have been invented?

The sandwich is named after John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich, an English aristocrat, who reportedly ordered his valet to bring him meat tucked between two pieces of bread in the late 1700s. The concept became popular, and the sandwich was born.

Question 5: In which year was the famous painting "The Persistence of Memory" by Salvador Dali created?

"The Persistence of Memory" is one of Salvador Dali's most iconic and recognizable works. The painting, featuring melting clocks, is said to be inspired by Albert Einstein's theory of relativity and the concept of time.

Question 6: What is the world's largest and deepest ocean?

The Pacific Ocean covers more than 60 million square miles (165 million square kilometers) and has an average depth of 12,080 feet (3,682 meters).

Question 7: When was bee honey first harvested by humans for consumption?

Honey has been consumed by humans for thousands of years. Archeologists have found ancient rock paintings in Spain, dating back at least 8,000 years, depicting humans harvesting honey from beehives.

Question 8: The Eiffel Tower was originally built as a temporary structure for which event?

The Eiffel Tower was designed by Alexandre Gustave Eiffel and was built as the entrance arch for the 1889 Exposition Universelle, which marked the 100th anniversary of the French Revolution.

Question 9: The Egyptian pyramids were constructed as tombs for whom?

The Egyptian pyramids were constructed as grand tombs for the Pharaohs, the rulers of ancient Egypt. The most famous pyramids are the three Great Pyramids of Giza, built for Pharaohs Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure.

Question 10: When did the Soviet Union officially dissolve?

The Soviet Union officially dissolved on December 26, 1991, following declarations of independence from eleven of its fifteen republics earlier that year, marking the end of the Cold War. The breakup led to the emergence of Russia as an independent country.

You got answers correct

Reactions: Gimlet
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #64
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Jarred Santos
My worst score yet , a couple of tricky ones and one there is no way I would have known.

Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #64
Question 3: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Question 5: 🟥

Question 4: 🟥

Reactions: Bullwinkle
My worst score yet , a couple of tricky ones and one there is no way I would have known.

Still did better than me!!!😆

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Question 6: 🟥

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #64
Question 8: 🟥
Not good job to finish the week off! 🥲 C'est la vie!

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #64

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #64

Q2: Biological/physical tempering is the correct answer. Physical weathering is caused by the effects of changing temperature on rocks, causing the rock to break apart. The process is sometimes assisted by water. Weathering describes the breaking down or dissolving of rocks and minerals on the surface of the Earth. Water, ice, acids, salts, plants, animals, and changes in temperature are all agents of weathering.
Q3:
Flag of Australia
UseNational flag and state ensign
Proportion1:2
Adopted11 February 1903 (In use from 3 September 1901) 8 December 1908 (current seven-pointed Commonwealth Star version)

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #64