SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #514 - 21/10/2024

Question 1: If you were to visit the Sistine Chapel, where would you find Michelangelo's famous fresco painting?

Michelangelo's most famous work in the Sistine Chapel is the fresco painting on the ceiling, which he worked on from 1508 to 1512. The ceiling features nine scenes from the Book of Genesis, including the iconic "Creation of Adam."

Question 2: If someone is suffering from aphasia, which part of their body is affected?

Aphasia is a language disorder caused by damage to the brain, often from a stroke or head injury. It can affect a person's ability to speak, write, and understand language.

Question 3: Where was the hit TV sitcom "Friends" primarily set?

The iconic sitcom "Friends" was set in New York City, with the majority of the show's action taking place in the Greenwich Village area of Manhattan. The characters' apartments, Central Perk coffee shop, and other frequently visited locations were all situated in NYC, although the show was actually filmed on a studio lot in Los Angeles.

Question 4: What is the study of shapes, sizes, relative positions of figures, and the properties of space called?

Geometry is a branch of mathematics that studies the sizes, shapes, positions, angles, and dimensions of things. It is derived from the Greek words 'geo', meaning earth, and 'metron', meaning measurement.

Question 5: What was the pen name used by Eric Blair, the author of 1984 and Animal Farm?

Eric Blair used the pen name George Orwell for his published works, including the famous dystopian novels 1984 and Animal Farm. The name "George Orwell" was inspired by the River Orwell in Suffolk, England.

Question 6: How long did the Berlin Wall divide the city of Berlin?

The Berlin Wall divided the city of Berlin from 1961 to 1989, a period of 28 years. It was constructed by the German Democratic Republic (East Germany) starting on August 13, 1961, and was torn down on November 9, 1989, marking a symbolic end to the Cold War.

Question 7: Which animal is featured on the flag of Sri Lanka?

The flag of Sri Lanka features a golden lion holding a sword in its right fore-paw on a crimson background. The lion is a central figure in Sri Lankan heraldry and symbolizes bravery and the fight for freedom.

Question 8: What is the study of the motion of projectiles called?

A Potlatch is a ceremonial feast practiced by indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast of Canada and the United States, such as the Haida, Tlingit, and Kwakwaka'wakw. During a Potlatch, the host distributes gifts and food to their guests to display wealth, generosity, and social status.

Question 9: What is the pen name under which the Brontë sisters first published their novels in the 1800s?

Charlotte, Emily, and Anne Brontë originally published their works under the masculine pen names Currer, Ellis, and Acton Bell, respectively. This was common for female writers in the 19th century to avoid prejudice against women authors.

Question 10: When was the composer Mozart born?

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born on January 27, 1756 in Salzburg, Austria. He began composing at the age of five and went on to create some of the most beloved works in the classical music repertoire before his untimely death in 1791 at age 35.

You got answers correct

Reactions: BeautifulMousey
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #514
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
Q8 is obviously 🙄 the study of 🏹 🏹🏹🏹🏹 arrows and 🚀 rocketry. Only possible answer here is the ‘Red Indians’ of the Untitled States 🇺🇸. No option for 🪃boomerangs!?
😸Rest are all deja vue.

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #514
Question 3: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩

American sitcoms got me again. Hard when you don’t watch TV!
I never watch TV either. Unfortunately the US sitcom questions come up a lot. Same questions too. 😳 I like to think it’s a little test for our members to check for memory loss. 😸

Q8 is obviously 🙄 the study of 🏹 🏹🏹🏹🏹 arrows and 🚀 rocketry. Only possible answer here is the ‘Red Indians’ of the Untitled States 🇺🇸. No option for 🪃boomerangs!?
😸Rest are all deja vue.

😸Rest are all deja vue.
Deja vue? You obviously have an extremely broad general knowledge or a great memory, Nevertiki! I tend to use knowledge in a very small aspect and utilise my guessometer for the remainder. I wonder if I should use Google😱😱

What is the study of the motion of projectiles called?​

correct.svg
A. Native American (Pacific Northwest tribes)

I didn't understand this question!

Reactions: Big Buzz
Deja vue? You obviously have an extremely broad general knowledge or a great memory, Nevertiki! I tend to use knowledge in a very small aspect and utilise my guessometer for the remainder. I wonder if I should use Google😱😱
Thanks, Ivory. At my advanced age I would be remiss not to have learned a few odd facts on the way. And I have a lot of books 📚. I do sometimes check with Google after completing the daily Trivia. Never before. That would feel like cheating. You can always ask/phone a friend of course. But it’s not Mastermind or Millionaire. SDC is about having fun. With friends. 😸😸