SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #50 - 14/07/2023

Question 1: Which Australian banknotes feature a clear, plastic window as a security feature?

All Australian banknotes have a clear, plastic window as a security feature to help prevent counterfeiting. Australia was the first country to use this feature on its banknotes, starting with the release of the polymer $10 note in 1988.

Question 2: What is the measure of the internal angles in a triangle?

The sum of the internal angles in any triangle always equals 180 degrees. This is known as the angle sum property of a triangle.

Question 3: In which Australian television drama series did characters Pippa, Sally, and Donald Fisher appear?

Home and Away is a long-running Australian soap opera that first aired on the Seven Network in 1988. It is set in the fictional coastal town of Summer Bay and focuses on the lives of the residents and their relationships.

Question 4: The term "BMI" stands for what in the context of health and fitness?

Body Mass Index is a numerical value of a person's weight in relation to their height. It's commonly used to determine if a person is underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese.

Question 5: Who is the Greek goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, and civilization?

Athena is also considered the goddess of justice and strategic warfare. Born from the forehead of her father Zeus, she is often portrayed wearing a helmet and carrying a shield.

Question 6: Which psychologist is known for his theory of cognitive development in children?

Jean Piaget's theory of cognitive development consists of four stages: the sensorimotor stage, the preoperational stage, the concrete operational stage, and the formal operational stage. These stages describe how children progress in their thinking skills as they grow older.

Question 7: The Melbourne Cup is a famous Australian horse race held annually. How long is the race?

The Melbourne Cup has been held since 1861 and is known as "the race that stops a nation." It's held on the first Tuesday of November at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne, Victoria.

Question 8: In Australian Aboriginal mythology, which creature is believed to have created the landscape and filled it with flora and fauna?

The Rainbow Serpent, also known as the "Dreamtime" serpent, represents both destructive and creative forces. It is an important figure in Australian Aboriginal mythology, symbolizing water, creation, and life renewal.

Question 9: When did the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) become a self-governing territory?

The Australian Capital Territory was established as a self-governing territory on May 1, 1988. Prior to self-government, the administration of the territory's affairs was handled by the federal government.

Question 10: How many heads did the legendary Hydra creature have?

In Greek mythology, the Hydra was a serpent-like monster with multiple heads. It was defeated by the hero Heracles as one of his famous Twelve Labors. Each time one of the Hydra's heads was cut off, two more would grow back in its place.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #50
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
Nearly got 10 , I knew Question 10 was either B OR C

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #50
Question 6: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

ha ha still haven't managed to crack the perfect score
Question 10: 🟩

Question 8: 🟥

Worst ever
check.svg
40%, I got 4 out of 10 answers correct. Blame school holidays and the grandkids for making too much noise. Yeah, school goes back next week.

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #50
Question 2: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥

*sigh*

Well done @Jennylolo! 👏 👏 👏

Reactions: Bullwinkle
Question 7: 🟥

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #50

I managed to get them all correct

Question 2: 🟥

Question 3: 🟥

SDC Trivia Game #50 - 14/07/2023

Question 1: Which Australian banknotes feature a clear, plastic window as a security feature?

All Australian banknotes have a clear, plastic window as a security feature to help prevent counterfeiting. Australia was the first country to use this feature on its banknotes, starting with the release of the polymer $10 note in 1988.

Question 2: What is the measure of the internal angles in a triangle?

The sum of the internal angles in any triangle always equals 180 degrees. This is known as the angle sum property of a triangle.

Question 3: In which Australian television drama series did characters Pippa, Sally, and Donald Fisher appear?

Home and Away is a long-running Australian soap opera that first aired on the Seven Network in 1988. It is set in the fictional coastal town of Summer Bay and focuses on the lives of the residents and their relationships.

Question 4: The term "BMI" stands for what in the context of health and fitness?

Body Mass Index is a numerical value of a person's weight in relation to their height. It's commonly used to determine if a person is underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese.

Question 5: Who is the Greek goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, and civilization?

Athena is also considered the goddess of justice and strategic warfare. Born from the forehead of her father Zeus, she is often portrayed wearing a helmet and carrying a shield.

Question 6: Which psychologist is known for his theory of cognitive development in children?

Jean Piaget's theory of cognitive development consists of four stages: the sensorimotor stage, the preoperational stage, the concrete operational stage, and the formal operational stage. These stages describe how children progress in their thinking skills as they grow older.

Question 7: The Melbourne Cup is a famous Australian horse race held annually. How long is the race?

The Melbourne Cup has been held since 1861 and is known as "the race that stops a nation." It's held on the first Tuesday of November at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne, Victoria.

Question 8: In Australian Aboriginal mythology, which creature is believed to have created the landscape and filled it with flora and fauna?

The Rainbow Serpent, also known as the "Dreamtime" serpent, represents both destructive and creative forces. It is an important figure in Australian Aboriginal mythology, symbolizing water, creation, and life renewal.

Question 9: When did the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) become a self-governing territory?

The Australian Capital Territory was established as a self-governing territory on May 1, 1988. Prior to self-government, the administration of the territory's affairs was handled by the federal government.

Question 10: How many heads did the legendary Hydra creature have?

In Greek mythology, the Hydra was a serpent-like monster with multiple heads. It was defeated by the hero Heracles as one of his famous Twelve Labors. Each time one of the Hydra's heads was cut off, two more would grow back in its place.

You got answers correct
A new low for me.oh well I’ll give it a go tomorrow. I think 😆

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #50