SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #462 - 30/08/2024

Question 1: If a cricket umpire holds both arms outstretched horizontally, what does this signal?

In cricket, if an umpire holds both arms outstretched horizontally, it signals that the batter has hit the ball over the boundary on the full, resulting in six runs being awarded to the batting team. A six is the maximum runs that can be scored from one delivery.

Question 2: What vitamin is also known as ascorbic acid?

Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin that is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It's involved in many body functions, including the formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.

Question 3: Which country was divided into East and West from 1949 until 1990?

After World War II, Germany was divided into East Germany, controlled by the Soviet Union, and West Germany, aligned with Western powers. The country was reunified in 1990 after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.

Question 4: In the movie Toy Story, what is the name of Andy's neighbor who blows up toys?

Sid Phillips is Andy's sociopathic next-door neighbor in the first Toy Story movie. Sid is known for his morbid experiments on toys, often involving explosives, much to the horror of Woody and Buzz.

Question 5: In environmental science, what does the term "biodiversity" refer to?

Biodiversity encompasses the diversity within species, between species, and of ecosystems. It is essential for the survival and sustainability of life on Earth, as each species plays a unique role in the complex web of life.

Question 6: Who is considered the creator of the "little black dress"?

Coco Chanel, the French fashion designer, is credited with creating the iconic "little black dress" in the 1920s. The simple, elegant design became a staple in women's fashion and remains popular to this day.

Question 7: Who developed the theory of relativity?

Albert Einstein developed the theory of relativity, which fundamentally changed our understanding of space, time, and gravity. His theories of special relativity and general relativity are considered two of the most important scientific breakthroughs of the 20th century.

Question 8: Which musician is known as the "King of Pop"?

Albert Einstein developed the theory of general relativity, which fundamentally changed our understanding of gravity. The theory proposed that gravity is not a force, but a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass and energy.

Question 9: Where did the musical "Hamilton" make its Broadway debut?

The musical "Hamilton" made its Broadway debut at the Richard Rodgers Theatre on August 6, 2015. The theatre, located at 226 West 46th Street in Midtown Manhattan, has been home to many other notable productions, including "In the Heights," another musical by "Hamilton" creator Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Question 10: In Greek mythology, how many heads did the monster Hydra have?

In Greek mythology, the Hydra was a serpentine water monster with nine heads. If one head was cut off, two would grow back in its place, making it difficult for Hercules to slay the creature as part of his twelve labors.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #462
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
🤨Drat! I knew the cricket 🏏 question but pressed the wrong button.
😕Q4 Don’t recall.
🤩But LUCKILY do remember that Einstein was known by all his relatives as the King of Pop because every time they visited, he always popped out for a minute. And came back hours later.
😸🍷

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #462
Question 4: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

You must be joking!
Q.1 A 6 in cricket is arms held vertically - the answer here is 'wide'.
Q.8 I'm also not sure that Einstein knew he was the king of pop!
These are errors which destroy the experience.
And, by the way, 'cherub' is a noun, not an adjevtive as used yesterday - that would be cherubic.
Do you have proof readers?

Whoever wrote this quiz has never played cricket. Umpires arms held horizontally is a wide. Six is signalled by arms held vertically. Also, I doubt that Albert Einstein is the king of pop
. I would be more inclined to think that was Michael Jackson.

Arms horizontally in cricket us a wide, both arms vertically are a six.
???? Same answers for 2 questions.
Never really expect to get 10/10...but these things certainly increase the level of difficulty.

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #462
Question 4: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
I thought i got my horizontal and vertical mixed up again, seemingly not. :) 🏏
That’s what I thought too. My instinct said “wide” and that’s what I selected, but was half asleep and thought Oh well, perhaps I’m wrong … Next time I’ll trust my instincts.

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #462
Question 4: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩

Question 1 - It's all been said before!

Question 8 - Stephen Hawking is the only answer as the other choices were dead and buried before the emergence of pop music.