SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #440 - 08/08/2024

Question 1: In biology, what term refers to an organism's role within its ecosystem?

A niche refers to the specific role and position an organism has in its environment, including its relationships with other organisms and its use of resources. It is more specific than an organism's habitat, which refers to where the organism lives.

Question 2: Which Batman villain was originally a failed comedian?

In most Batman origin stories, the Joker is portrayed as a former failed comedian who turns to a life of crime after having "one bad day" that drives him insane. His trademark is his clown-like appearance and his sadistic sense of humor.

Question 3: Why do leaves change color in the autumn?

In the fall, because of changes in the length of daylight and changes in temperature, the leaves stop their food-making process. The chlorophyll breaks down, the green color disappears, and the yellow to orange colors become visible and give the leaves part of their fall splendor. Carotenoids and anthocyanins also contribute to fall leaf colors.

Question 4: When is the Chinese New Year celebrated?

The Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, falls on the new moon between January 21st and February 20th. The exact date varies from year to year based on the lunar calendar.

Question 5: Who directed the Oscar-winning movie "Parasite" in 2019?

Bong Joon-ho, a South Korean filmmaker, directed "Parasite," which made history by becoming the first non-English language film to win the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2020. The film also earned Bong the award for Best Director.

Question 6: How is electrical power measured?

Electrical power is measured in watts, which is the rate at which energy is transferred or consumed. One watt is equal to one joule per second. The watt is named after James Watt, the inventor of the steam engine.

Question 7: In what year did World War II officially end?

World War II officially ended in 1945 with the surrender of Germany in May and Japan in September, following the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Question 8: Who is the all-time leading scorer in the NBA?

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the all-time leading scorer in the NBA, having scored 38,387 points throughout his career. He played in the NBA for 20 seasons from 1969 to 1989, primarily for the Milwaukee Bucks and the Los Angeles Lakers, winning six NBA championships.

Question 9: Which company introduced the first commercial microprocessor?

Intel introduced the first commercial microprocessor, the Intel 4004, in 1971. This microprocessor was a 4-bit CPU designed for use in calculators, but it paved the way for the development of more advanced microprocessors used in computers.

Question 10: What composer is known for the opera "The Marriage of Figaro"?

"The Marriage of Figaro" is a comic opera composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, with an Italian libretto written by Lorenzo Da Ponte. It premiered in 1786 at the Burgtheater in Vienna and is considered one of Mozart's most famous and beloved operas.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #440
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

80%….🤔🤔
Not sure where the statistics for #8 came from but I still say the answer is LeBron James with 40,474….
Kareem Abdul Jabber 38,387….

so, me again, question 3: after much thinking and rereading the question I concede i was wrong - I was going for why it starts not the actual process.
question 8: of course I went and checked - here's what google said
Who is the all time scoring leader in the NBA?
LeBRON JAMES

Also go to the NBA and it also says LeBron James so where did the statistics used in the question come from. In each site Kareem comes in second.
'

Reactions: Bullwinkle and DLHM
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #440
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
LeBrone all the way . :cry: ;)

Reactions: DLHM and Da Freddo
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #440
Question 1: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥

80%….🤔🤔
Not sure where the statistics for #8 came from but I still say the answer is LeBron James with 40,474….
Kareem Abdul Jabber 38,387….
many many articles say LeBron. I thought it was too and so looked it up. Not once did I see Kareem in top. He was always listed 2nd. mmmm

Reactions: DLHM and Bullwinkle
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #440
Question 1: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥