SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #439 - 07/08/2024

Question 1: Which animated film was the first to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture?

Beauty and the Beast, released in 1991, made history as the first animated feature film to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. This nomination helped pave the way for the creation of the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature category, which was introduced in 2001.

Question 2: If humans are born with around 300 bones, approximately how many bones do they have as adults?

While humans are born with around 300 bones, many of these fuse together as the body develops, resulting in an adult human skeleton that consists of 206 bones. The process of bone fusion is a normal part of growth and development.

Question 3: Where was the famous composer Mozart born?

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born on January 27, 1756, in Salzburg, which is now part of Austria. He showed prodigious musical ability from a very early age and went on to compose over 600 works, many of which are acknowledged as pinnacles of classical music.

Question 4: When was the Colosseum in Rome built?

Construction of the Colosseum began under the emperor Vespasian in around 70-72 AD and was completed under his successor Titus in 80 AD. The Colosseum was built on the site of Nero's palace, the Domus Aurea.

Question 5: How is the discipline of psychology generally defined?

Psychology is a broad field that encompasses the scientific study of mental processes, behavior, and the relationship between them. It aims to understand how people think, feel, and act, both individually and in social contexts, using scientific methods such as observation, experimentation, and analysis.

Question 6: Why does Marty McFly have to go back in time in the original Back to the Future movie?

In Back to the Future, Marty McFly travels back in time from 1985 to 1955 to save his friend Doc Brown from being killed by Libyans. However, he accidentally prevents his parents from meeting, putting his own existence in jeopardy. He must find a way to get his parents to fall in love to ensure his own future.

Question 7: How many wings are in a full chicken wing?

A full chicken wing actually has three parts - the drumette, the wingette (also known as the flat), and the wing tip. However, the wing tip is often discarded or used for making stock, so in restaurants you'll typically only be served the drumette and wingette.

Question 8: Which ancient Greek philosopher wrote the Republic, a Socratic dialogue concerning justice and the order and character of the just city-state and the just man?

The Republic is a Socratic dialogue authored by Plato around 375 BC. It concerns the definition of justice, the order and character of the just city-state, and the just man. It is Plato's best-known work and one of the world's most influential works of philosophy and political theory.

Question 9: If writing in English, which punctuation mark usually follows a colon?

In English grammar, when a complete sentence follows a colon, the first word is generally capitalized. A colon is used after an independent clause to introduce a list, an explanation, or to expand on the clause that precedes it.

Question 10: Who is credited with inventing the cotton gin in 1793?

Eli Whitney's invention of the cotton gin revolutionized the cotton industry by automating the process of separating cotton fibers from their seeds, which was previously a labor-intensive task. This invention greatly increased cotton production in the southern United States.

You got answers correct

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #439
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

An old English teacher would suggest that a capital only follows the completion of a sentence - a colon is followed by lower case.

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #439
Question 7: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
🙄Q9 is nonsense :
a) question says nothing about a full sentence;
b) colons normally introduce a list;
c) lists following a colon can begin with lower case;
and
d) a capital letter is not a punctuation mark‼️

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #439
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩

Seems as though there is a bit of contention with # 9…
Went with my gut feeling on questions I did not know and low and behold I managed 10/10 ✅

Really bad this time, really need to read those questions and remember what AD and BC mean LOL Also Queston 7: very badly written I think he meant to say how many segments/pieces/parts to a chicken wing not how many wings are in a full chicken wing _ I mean it took me a while to decide maybe he meant how many wings on a full chicken (I mean one chicken).

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #439
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
😁

Really bad this time, really need to read those questions and remember what AD and BC mean LOL Also Queston 7: very badly written I think he meant to say how many segments/pieces/parts to a chicken wing not how many wings are in a full chicken wing _ I mean it took me a while to decide maybe he meant how many wings on a full chicken (I mean one chicken).
👍Totally agree poorly written!

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #439
Question 8: 🟥
Not a good day, but wish the question had asked how many segments in a chicken wing, as I would then have gotten another correct. As for the rest, just bad guessing.