SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #415 - 14/07/2024

Question 1: In the TV series "Friends", what was the name of Phoebe's twin sister?

Ursula, portrayed by Lisa Kudrow, is Phoebe's identical twin sister in the sitcom "Friends". Though they look alike, Ursula is presented as a selfish and manipulative character, contrasting with Phoebe's more eccentric but kind-hearted nature.

Question 2: In which city is the famous painting 'The Birth of Venus' by Sandro Botticelli housed?

The Birth of Venus' is housed in the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, Italy. Painted in the mid-1480s, it depicts the goddess Venus arriving at the shore after her birth, on a giant scallop shell.

Question 3: Where in the brain is the limbic system located?

The limbic system, which is involved in emotions, memory, and behavior, is located in the midbrain. It includes structures like the amygdala, hippocampus, and hypothalamus.

Question 4: Which country is home to the world's largest salt flat, Salar de Uyuni?

Salar de Uyuni, the world's largest salt flat, is located in southwest Bolivia at an elevation of 3,656 meters above sea level. It covers an area of 10,582 square kilometers and contains an estimated 10 billion tons of salt.

Question 5: Where is insulin produced in the human body?

Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It regulates the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and protein by promoting the absorption of glucose from the blood into liver, fat and skeletal muscle cells.

Question 6: If you were to visit the Louvre in Paris, which famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci would you see?

The Mona Lisa, also known as La Gioconda, is one of the most famous paintings in the world. Painted by Leonardo da Vinci in the early 16th century, it is housed in the Louvre Museum in Paris, France. The painting is known for the enigmatic smile of the woman in the portrait and has been the subject of much speculation and study.

Question 7: In which language is the word "sombrero" used to refer to a broad-brimmed hat?

"Sombrero" is a Spanish word that literally translates to "shadower" in English. It refers to a broad-brimmed hat designed to provide shade from the sun, traditionally worn in Spain, Mexico, and other Spanish-speaking countries.

Question 8: Which company is the world's largest retailer by revenue?

With annual revenue exceeding $500 billion, Walmart is the world's largest company by revenue. Founded in 1962, the American multinational retail corporation operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores.

Question 9: If you are riding on a bus, and you drop a tennis ball straight down while the bus is moving forward, where will the ball land relative to you?

This phenomenon is an example of Newton's first law of motion, also known as the law of inertia. The tennis ball maintains the same forward velocity as the bus and you, so it will land at your feet, assuming no other forces act upon it.

Question 10: If you were attending a traditional wedding in Japan, what color would the bride likely be wearing?

In Japanese weddings, brides often wear a traditional white kimono called a shiromuku. The white color symbolizes purity and the bride's willingness to be colored by her new family's standards.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #415
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
Q9 I read that as dropping the ball, like out of the window of the bus 😾 😾
Q1&3 not a clue❓❓

Question 1: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
I think question ten should be reviewed as many brides wear red, if not entirely then definitely highlighted in their wedding kimono.

Not good - 40%. Obviously didn’t like the questions. Ah well there’s tomorrow. However I have no idea where a ball will roll to on a moving bus I’ve never tried it!!!

Question 1: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
I think question ten should be reviewed as many brides wear red, if not entirely then definitely highlighted in their wedding kimono.
Me too

Reactions: Nevertiki