SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #413 - 12/07/2024

Question 1: What is the chemical symbol for the element Mercury?

The ancient city of Troy was located in the modern-day Hisarlik in the Çanakkale province of Turkey. The city is famous for being the setting of the Trojan War described in Homer's epic poem, the Iliad.

Question 2: Which ancient Greek mathematician is known as the 'father of geometry'?

Euclid, who lived in Alexandria around 300 BC, is known as the 'father of geometry' due to his groundbreaking work, 'Elements', which introduced many of the fundamental concepts and proofs in geometry that are still used today.

Question 3: What is the name of King Arthur's legendary sword?

In Arthurian legend, Excalibur is the legendary sword of King Arthur, often attributed with magical powers. According to some versions of the legend, Arthur obtained the sword from the Lady of the Lake.

Question 4: Who is the archenemy of the superhero Batman?

The Joker, a criminal mastermind with a clown-like appearance, has been Batman's archenemy since the character's introduction in the first Batman comic in 1940. The Joker's diabolical schemes and unpredictable nature make him Batman's most formidable foe.

Question 5: What was the original name of the search engine Google?

Google was originally called BackRub when it was a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford University in 1996. The name referred to the search engine's unique ability to analyze the "back links" pointing to a given website.

Question 6: If celebrities were US presidents, who would be the first Instagram influencer president?

With over 300 million Instagram followers, Kim Kardashian is one of the most influential celebrities on the platform. She has leveraged her massive following to build a business empire spanning beauty, fashion and more. As the hypothetical first Instagram influencer president, she would bring a unique perspective shaped by her experience as a hugely successful influencer and entrepreneur.

Question 7: Where did the legendary Robin Hood supposedly live?

According to English folklore, Robin Hood was a skilled archer and swordsman who lived with his fellow outlaws in Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire. From there, he would rob from the rich and give to the poor.

Question 8: What 20th century art movement was Salvador Dali associated with?

Salvador Dali was a prominent figure in the Surrealist movement, known for his striking and bizarre dreamlike images. Surrealism sought to unleash the creative potential of the unconscious mind.

Question 9: How many countries are considered part of the Schengen Area in Europe, allowing citizens to move freely across borders?

The Schengen Area comprises 26 European countries that have officially abolished all passport and all other types of border control at their mutual borders, allowing free movement of people.

Question 10: When did the philosopher Socrates live?

Socrates, one of the founders of Western philosophy, lived in Athens, Greece from approximately 470 BC to 399 BC. He is known for his method of questioning, the Socratic method, which seeks to arrive at truth through dialogue and critical thinking. Although Socrates himself wrote nothing, his ideas and methods were recorded by his students Plato and Xenophon.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #413
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
Not too shabby for 5 blind guesses.
🤨Oh dear! Another field day for Whingers on Q1 … The SDC compiler is a 🤖 so of course it makes mistakes. 🙄

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #413
Question 1: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

So Turkey is the symbol for mercury (question 1). I guessed Greece, but what can you do!?

Seriously, it can't be that hard to get this right - and it seems to be happening more often.

I don't think this is 'whinging' - it makes a difference.

☹️

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #413
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Q1, Italy is the Chemical symbol for Mercury,everyone knows that
so why is Q1 wrong, "SDC please explain" not happy Jan !! 😾 😾
Mate take a holiday and stay off the turps. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😸

Last edited:
🤨Oh dear! Another field day for Whingers on Q1 … The SDC compiler is a 🤖 so of course it makes mistakes. 🙄
Robots don't make mistakes, they do as programmed.
{The programers are the guilty party}.
I still reckon TO MUCH BOOZE. o_O😵‍💫😵‍💫

Rather interesting that I open trivia to see what stuff ups we have today. Just because we are seniors doesn’t mean we like being treated as fools.

Have to say Yes to your comment, I do love my trivia , seniors in it’s entirety is an ad fest whereas trivia can be helpful to us as we age. Human being program trivia . Do better please

Even if the compiler is a computer the humans should still double check!

Reactions: Nevertiki
Q 1 - Such is life.

Q 2 - Who gives a red rats a$#e about celebrities. And WTF is so special about these pathetic Cardasheeins.
As far as I am concerned, a Cardassian is a species of humanoid alien sentient beings that first appeared on Star Trek. The others are just wankers (with minimum intelligence.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER