SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #408 - 07/07/2024

Question 1: How much of the world's land surface is used for agriculture?

According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), around 50% of the world's habitable land is used for agriculture. This includes both crops and livestock. Agriculture is the largest use of land on the planet, far exceeding areas designated for forests, urban spaces, or other uses.

Question 2: How many books are in the Christian New Testament?

The New Testament, which forms the second part of the Christian biblical canon, contains 27 books. These books were written in the decades following Jesus' death and include the Gospels, Acts, Epistles, and the Book of Revelation.

Question 3: What nationality was the classical composer Frédéric Chopin?

Although Chopin spent much of his adult life in France and is sometimes mistakenly thought to be French, he was born in Poland in 1810 and is considered a Polish composer. His music is often inspired by Polish folk music.

Question 4: Which greenhouse gas is produced by the decomposition of organic waste in landfills?

Methane is a potent greenhouse gas that is produced when organic waste, such as food scraps and yard waste, decomposes in landfills in the absence of oxygen. This process is known as anaerobic digestion.

Question 5: In which American sitcom did the characters Ross, Rachel, Joey, Chandler, Monica and Phoebe appear?

Friends was a hugely popular American television sitcom that aired from 1994 to 2004. The show revolved around the lives of six main characters living in Manhattan, New York City.

Question 6: Why does Swiss cheese have holes in it?

The holes in Swiss cheese, also known as "eyes," are caused by bacteria called Propionibacter shermani. During the cheese fermentation process, these bacteria consume the lactic acid in the curd and release carbon dioxide gas, which forms bubbles that create the distinctive holes in the cheese.

Question 7: What is the study of the motion of fluids called?

Fluid dynamics is a branch of physics that studies the motion of fluids, including liquids and gases. It encompasses concepts such as flow velocity, pressure, density, and temperature, and has applications in fields like aerodynamics, hydraulics, and meteorology.

Question 8: What is the world's largest island?

Greenland, an autonomous territory within the Kingdom of Denmark, is the world's largest island, covering an area of 2,166,086 square kilometers (836,330 square miles). Despite its name, approximately 79% of Greenland's surface is covered by an ice sheet.

Question 9: Which famous cartoon character lives in a pineapple under the sea?

SpongeBob SquarePants is an animated character who lives in a pineapple house in the underwater city of Bikini Bottom. He works as a fry cook at the Krusty Krab restaurant and is known for his optimistic and cheerful personality.

Question 10: In the periodic table, which element has the chemical symbol Hg?

The element mercury, represented by the chemical symbol Hg, is a heavy, silvery-white liquid metal. The symbol "Hg" comes from the Greek word "hydrargyrum," meaning "water-silver," referring to its liquid state at room temperature.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #408
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

90%……cannot believe I got 🟥for #2…
Had no idea about #1, so I just went for half…
As for #8…..I was taught Greenland was the largest island….I remember “Beno” arguing with the teacher, that it was Australia!!!

Last edited:
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #408
Question 2: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
😀
But as for Q8, that is definitely definitely not what we were taught at school
I knew it wasn’t Australia we are a continent but every quiz I have done it was Greenland. At 84 I can’t even remember what I was taught at school lol

Reactions: TrixieLovesTigers
question 1: according to google "The land area of the World is 13 billion hectares. 4.8 billion are classified as 'agricultural area' by the FAO (this is 37% of the land area)." Hmmmmm

I knew it wasn’t Australia we are a continent but every quiz I have done it was Greenland. At 84 I can’t even remember what I was taught at school lol
Yes Australia is the smallest continent, however, it is the largest island.

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #408
Question 2: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥