SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #391 - 20/06/2024

Question 1: If you use a blue light, which element glows red?

Strontium is an alkaline earth metal that burns with a bright red flame. It is commonly used in fireworks and emergency flares to produce a brilliant red color.

Question 2: Why does Shakespeare's Hamlet say "To be or not to be"?

This famous soliloquy captures Hamlet's deep despair and inner turmoil as he grapples with the existential question of whether to continue living or take his own life in the face of immense troubles and suffering. It is one of the most quoted lines in all of Shakespeare.

Question 3: In Greek mythology, who is the god of the underworld?

In Greek mythology, Hades rules the underworld, the realm of the dead. He is often depicted with his three-headed dog Cerberus who guards the entrance to the underworld.

Question 4: Who was the first woman to serve as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?

Margaret Thatcher served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990. She was the longest-serving British prime minister of the 20th century and the first woman to hold the office.

Question 5: Why did the United States enter World War I in 1917?

In early 1917, Germany resumed unrestricted submarine warfare, sinking several American merchant ships. This, along with the intercepted Zimmermann Telegram, led the U.S. to declare war on Germany in April 1917, joining the Allied Powers in World War I.

Question 6: Which European city is home to the Eiffel Tower?

The Eiffel Tower was constructed from 1887 to 1889 as the entrance to the 1889 World's Fair. It is named after its engineer, Gustave Eiffel. At 324 meters tall, it was the tallest man-made structure in the world for 41 years until the Chrysler Building was built in 1930.

Question 7: When was the first book in the Harry Potter series published?

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, the first book in the series, was published on June 26, 1997 in the United Kingdom. The book was later published in the United States under the title Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Question 8: Who was the first black model to be featured on the cover of Vogue?

Beverly Johnson made history in August 1974 when she became the first African American model to grace the cover of American Vogue. This was seen as a major milestone in the push for diversity in the fashion industry.

Question 9: What was the first car to be mass-produced on an assembly line?

The Ford Model T was the first automobile mass-produced on moving assembly lines with completely interchangeable parts, marketed to the middle class. Over 15 million Model Ts were built in various body styles from 1908 to 1927.

Question 10: How long does it take for a plastic bottle to decompose?

Plastic bottles are one of the most common types of plastic waste. They are made from a type of plastic called polyethylene terephthalate (PET), which takes a very long time to break down in the environment.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #391
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Nevertiki and DLHM
Question 2: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

And lucky!

Question 5: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Quest
ion 10: 🟩

Question 1: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #391
Question 2: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question number 9 regarding the first massed produced car
if you had asked on a moving assembly then you would have
been correct, the first on an assembly line was the following.
The first automobile to be mass produced in the United States was the 1901, Curved Dash Oldsmobile, built by the American car manufacturer Ransome Eli Olds (1864-1950). Olds invented the basic concept of the assembly line and started the Detroit area automobile industry.
So technically anybody who named the olds was correct, the difference being in the question being the missig word MOVING?

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #391
Question 7: 🟥
😀

Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #391
Question 8: 🟩

As a retired polymer chemist, I found Question 10 interesting. All of the answers offered are correct. The rate of decomposition is dependent on the level of photochemical aging by ultraviolet radiation. It would take a bottle a lot longer to decompose in Antarctica than a place at the equator. Plus, there are certain bacteria that aid in decomposition.

The PET bottle wasn't developed until the early 1970s. As the "findings" into PET decomposition is based on extrapolated accelerated aging data, the figure of 450 years is merely arbitrary.