SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #39 - 03/07/2023

Question 1: What is the tallest tree species in the world?

Coast Redwoods are native to the west coast of the United States. They can reach heights of over 375 feet (115 meters) and live for more than 2,000 years.

Question 2: Why did Australia fight in the Vietnam War?

Australia's involvement in the Vietnam War included alliance obligations with the United States and a desire to halt the spread of communism in Southeast Asia. Over 60,000 Australians fought in the war between 1962 and 1972.

Question 3: If a movie "sweeps" the major Academy Awards, how many awards did it win?

A movie "sweeping" the major Academy Awards means it wins the awards for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, and Best Actress. This rare achievement has only happened three times in history: "It Happened One Night" (1934), "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" (1975), and "The Silence of the Lambs" (1991).

Question 4: Which Australian author wrote the novel "Schindler's List"?

Thomas Keneally's "Schindler's List," originally published as "Schindler's Ark" in 1982, tells the story of Oskar Schindler, who saved over a thousand Polish Jews during the Holocaust. The book was later adapted into a successful film directed by Steven Spielberg.

Question 5: Who discovered blood circulation?

English physician William Harvey discovered blood circulation in the early 17th century. He published his revolutionary findings in a book called "Exercitatio Anatomica de Motu Cordis et Sanguinis in Animalibus" in 1628.

Question 6: Why did flared pants become popular in the 1960s?

The flared pants became popular in the 1960s as an expression of the counterculture and a rejection of conservative styles. They continued to be popular throughout the 1970s, particularly in the United States.

Question 7: In which city is the famous art museum, the Louvre, located?

The Louvre Museum is located in Paris, France. It holds some of the world's most famous artworks, including the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo.

Question 8: Why do some plants grow in a spiral pattern called phyllotaxis?

Phyllotaxis, the arrangement of leaves on a plant stem, usually follows a spiral pattern to optimize sunlight exposure and space efficiency, allowing leaves to grow without shading each other and capturing as much sunlight as possible for photosynthesis.

Question 9: Which TV show featured the characters Paddy, Boo, and Hyzenthlay?

Watership Down is an animated television series based on the novel of the same name by Richard Adams. It aired from 1999 to 2001 and tells the story of a group of rabbits trying to find a new home.

Question 10: The Greek god of the sea is known as?

Poseidon is one of the twelve Olympian deities of the Greek pantheon. He is the brother of Zeus and Hades and is often depicted with his signature trident. Neptune is his Roman counterpart.

You got answers correct

Question 1 I had no idea, Question 3 , I read wrong I know a movie can win more than 10 Oscars so when I saw the answer went to 5 I chose that .

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #39
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #39
Question 1: 🟩
Question 3 should be D (5) Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Picture, Best Director and Best Writer!!

Reactions: Jarred Santos

Coast Redwoods are native to the west coast of the United States. They can reach heights of over 375 feet (115 meters) and live for more than 2,000 years.

Australia's involvement in the Vietnam War included alliance obligations with the United States and a desire to halt the spread of communism in Southeast Asia. Over 60,000 Australians fought in the war between 1962 and 1972.

Question 3: If a movie "sweeps" the major Academy Awards, how many awards did it win?

A movie "sweeping" the major Academy Awards means it wins the awards for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, and Best Actress. This rare achievement has only happened three times in history: "It Happened One Night" (1934), "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" (1975), and "The Silence of the Lambs" (1991).

Thomas Keneally's "Schindler's List," originally published as "Schindler's Ark" in 1982, tells the story of Oskar Schindler, who saved over a thousand Polish Jews during the Holocaust. The book was later adapted into a successful film directed by Steven Spielberg.

English physician William Harvey discovered blood circulation in the early 17th century. He published his revolutionary findings in a book called "Exercitatio Anatomica de Motu Cordis et Sanguinis in Animalibus" in 1628.

The flared pants became popular in the 1960s as an expression of the counterculture and a rejection of conservative styles. They continued to be popular throughout the 1970s, particularly in the United States.

The Louvre Museum is located in Paris, France. It holds some of the world's most famous artworks, including the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo.

Phyllotaxis, the arrangement of leaves on a plant stem, usually follows a spiral pattern to optimize sunlight exposure and space efficiency, allowing leaves to grow without shading each other and capturing as much sunlight as possible for photosynthesis.

Watership Down is an animated television series based on the novel of the same name by Richard Adams. It aired from 1999 to 2001 and tells the story of a group of rabbits trying to find a new home.

Poseidon is one of the twelve Olympian deities of the Greek pantheon. He is the brother of Zeus and Hades and is often depicted with his signature trident. Neptune is his Roman counterpart.

You got answers correct
A new low for me, dumb and dumber lol

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #39
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
not my day again..

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #39
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥

Must have been a day my trivia brain had some working cells!
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #39
Question 3: 🟩

Reactions: Monmc
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #39
Question 10: 🟥

You got answers correct
Don't know why I bother! I always do better in the daily trivia games

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #39
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥