SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #385 - 14/06/2024

Question 1: What was the first mass-produced computer?

The IBM 650 was introduced in 1953 and was the first mass-produced computer. It used a magnetic drum memory and could perform 1,300 operations per second. Over 2,000 units were produced, making it the first widely used computer in the world.

Question 2: Which of these cities is known as "The Windy City"?

Chicago gained the nickname "The Windy City" in the 19th century, not because of its weather, but due to its boastful, long-winded politicians.

Question 3: If an object in motion is acted on by an external force, what happens to its velocity?

Newton's first law of motion states that an object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an external force. So if a force acts on a moving object, its velocity (speed and/or direction) will change.

Question 4: If you were standing on the grounds of the Taj Mahal, in which country would you be?

The Taj Mahal is an iconic mausoleum located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to house the tomb of his favorite wife. The Taj Mahal is considered the finest example of Mughal architecture, combining elements from Islamic, Persian, and Indian architectural styles.

Question 5: Where does the TV show "The Office" take place?

While the show was filmed in Los Angeles, the fictional Dunder Mifflin paper company in the show is located in Scranton. The city is referenced frequently throughout the series.

Question 6: How many copies of the first Harry Potter book were printed in the first run?

The first print run of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in 1997 was very small, with only 500 copies printed. Of those, 300 went to libraries. By 2018, over 120 million copies of the first book had been sold worldwide.

Question 7: How many seasons of the TV show "Friends" were produced?

Friends aired from 1994 to 2004 and became one of the most popular sitcoms of all time. The show revolved around the lives of six friends living in Manhattan.

Question 8: In what city is the famous Sagrada Familia church located?

The Sagrada Familia is a large unfinished Roman Catholic minor basilica in Barcelona, Spain. Designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí, the church has been under construction since 1882 and is expected to be completed in 2026.

Question 9: Where was the 1990s sitcom "Frasier" set?

Although the show was filmed in Los Angeles, the story was set in Seattle, Washington. The Space Needle, a Seattle landmark, is featured in the show's opening credits.

Question 10: Where did the musical "Hamilton" first premiere?

Hamilton first premiered off-Broadway at The Public Theater in 2015 before transferring to Broadway later that year. It went on to win 11 Tony Awards, including Best Musical.

You got answers correct

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #385
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Yep my prediction about Hamilton has come true, how many more questions…..shame I can not do the same with my Powerball numbers 🤣🤣
Scraping the barrel, when sitcom questions have to be included… who cares, only managed to get them correct as they are repeated!!

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #385
Question 6: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Yep my prediction about Hamilton has come true, how many more questions…..shame I can not do the same with my Powerball numbers 🤣🤣
Scraping the barrel, when sitcom questions have to be included… who cares, only managed to get them correct as they are repeated!!
Well played Bullwinkle

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #385
Question 6: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
Guesses galore,nice to have trivia back.USA version. :)