SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #384 - 13/06/2024

Question 1: What famous painting by Edvard Munch depicts a screaming figure against a red sky?

The Scream is the popular name given to a composition created by Norwegian artist Edvard Munch in 1893. The agonized face in the painting has become one of the most iconic images of art, seen as symbolizing the anxiety of the human condition. Munch recalled that he had been out for a walk at sunset when suddenly the setting sun's light turned the clouds "a blood red". He sensed an "infinite scream passing through nature".

Question 2: Which famous rock band was originally called "On A Friday"?

Radiohead was formed in 1985 under the name "On a Friday", referring to the band's usual rehearsal day in the music room at Abingdon School in Oxfordshire, England. The band changed their name to Radiohead in 1991, inspired by the Talking Heads song "Radio Head" from the album True Stories.

Question 3: Which actor played the role of Harry Potter in the film series?

Daniel Radcliffe was cast as Harry Potter at the age of 11 and went on to star in all eight films in the series from 2001 to 2011. The films launched Radcliffe's acting career and made him a global star.

Question 4: In which city was Jesus crucified?

Jerusalem was an important city in ancient Judea. It is considered a holy city in the Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre located in Jerusalem is believed by many Christians to be the site where Jesus was crucified and buried.

Question 5: Who wrote the acclaimed play "Death of a Salesman"?

Arthur Miller's "Death of a Salesman" premiered on Broadway in 1949 and won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. The play explores the American Dream through the struggles of the main character, Willy Loman, and is considered a classic of American theatre.

Question 6: Which famous singer was born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta?

Lady Gaga took her stage name from the Queen song "Radio Ga Ga". She has won 13 Grammy Awards and is known for hit songs like "Bad Romance", "Poker Face" and "Born This Way".

Question 7: What is the name of the chemical element with the symbol Hg?

Mercury is the only metallic element that is liquid at standard conditions for temperature and pressure. The element's symbol "Hg" comes from its Latin name hydrargyrum, meaning "water-silver".

Question 8: Which animal appears on the coat of arms of Mexico?

The golden eagle is featured prominently in the center of Mexico's coat of arms, devouring a rattlesnake while perched on a prickly pear cactus. The coat of arms is based on an Aztec legend.

Question 9: How many companies are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)?

The NYSE is the largest stock exchange in the world by market capitalization. It was founded in 1792 and is located on Wall Street in New York City.

Question 10: How many seeds are in the average strawberry?

The average strawberry has about 200 tiny seeds dotting its outside. Technically, the strawberry is an aggregate accessory fruit, meaning the fleshy part is derived not from the plant's ovaries but from the receptacle that holds the ovaries.

You got answers correct

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #384
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I must say I thought this was an easy lit if questions today….lots of repeats!!

Question 10: 🟩

I must say I thought this was an easy lit if questions today….lots of repeats!!
Well done

Reactions: Veggiepatch