SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #383 - 12/06/2024

Question 1: Which ancient civilization built the famous Hanging Gardens, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon were built by King Nebuchadnezzar II around 600 BC. They were said to have been a remarkable feat of engineering, with tiered gardens reaching 75 feet high. Though their exact location remains a mystery, they are believed to have been located along the east bank of the Euphrates River in modern-day Iraq.

Question 2: How many Academy Awards did Katharine Hepburn win for Best Actress?

Katharine Hepburn won Best Actress Oscars for Morning Glory (1933), Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967), The Lion in Winter (1968), and On Golden Pond (1981). She was nominated for the award 12 times in total, which is also a record.

Question 3: Who was the youngest person to assume the office of President of the United States?

Theodore Roosevelt was 42 years and 322 days old when he became president after the assassination of William McKinley in 1901. John F. Kennedy was the youngest person elected president at age 43.

Question 4: In which year did World War II officially end?

World War II ended in 1945 with the surrender of Germany in May and Japan in August, following the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The war lasted nearly 6 years and involved over 30 countries.

Question 5: What is the name of the phobia that involves an abnormal fear of trees?

Dendrophobia comes from the Greek word "dendron," meaning tree. It is a specific phobia, which is an anxiety disorder. The fear is most often triggered by a negative experience with a tree, such as an injury.

Question 6: How many times more powerful is a Category 5 hurricane compared to a Category 1 hurricane?

The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale rates hurricanes on a 1 to 5 rating based on a hurricane's sustained wind speed. A Category 5 hurricane has sustained winds of 157 mph (252 km/h) or higher, compared to 74-95 mph (119-153 km/h) for a Category 1.

Question 7: Who played the character of Jack Dawson in the movie Titanic?

Leonardo DiCaprio's portrayal of Jack Dawson in Titanic (1997) is considered one of his most iconic roles. The movie won 11 Academy Awards and became the first film to gross over $1 billion worldwide.

Question 8: Why was the computer programming language Java originally called Oak?

Java was developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems. It was initially called Oak after the tree that grew outside Gosling's office. The name was later changed to Java, a type of coffee, because Oak was already trademarked by another company.

Question 9: Which shape has 5 sides?

The word "pentagon" comes from the Greek words "pente," meaning five, and "gonia," meaning angle. So a pentagon literally means a five-angled shape or a five-sided polygon.

Question 10: Which animal is the fastest land mammal?

Cheetahs can reach speeds of up to 70 mph (112 km/h) in short bursts, making them the fastest land animals. Their slender bodies and long legs are built for speed.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #383
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
Not good.

• Sad
Reactions: DLHM
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #383
Question 5: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Not so good, some silly mistakes

Reactions: Nevertiki and DLHM
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #383
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩

80%…
#5… went with Arborphobia, just because it seemed like the most obvious….wrong 😑
#6…. no idea, and my answer proves that 🤣

Question 6 is a joke. You cannot compare the power of a hurricane in terms of megajoules as severe low pressure systems differ greatly in size. If wind speed is used as the benchmark, then you would experience winds of up to 70000 km/h for a Category 5 hurricane. That is simply impossible!

Try 2.5 times more powerful than a Category 1 hurricane if that is the case.

80%…
#5… went with Arborphobia, just because it seemed like the most obvious….wrong 😑
#6…. no idea, and my answer proves that 🤣
Question 5 - I'm quite sure that dendrophobia comes from the Greek word dendrone which means tree or branch.

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #383

Reactions: DLHM and Nevertiki
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #383

Reactions: TrixieLovesTigers
Bad one, not quite with it today! I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #383
Question 9: 🟥
t

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #383