SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #380 - 09/06/2024

Question 1: When was Mozart born?

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born on January 27, 1756 in Salzburg, Austria. He began composing at age 5 and wrote over 600 works in his short 35-year life, making him one of the most prolific and influential composers of the Classical period.

Question 2: What is the most expensive spice in the world by weight?

Saffron comes from the stigmas of the crocus flower. It takes around 75,000 flowers to make just one pound of saffron, which explains its high price. Iran is the world's leading producer of saffron.

Question 3: If you walk out of a room with a book that you weren't supposed to take, what would Immanuel Kant consider this to be?

Kant believed that the morality of an action depends on the motive behind it. Taking a book without permission would be considered stealing according to Kant's moral philosophy, regardless of intent to return it.

Question 4: Why are bees important to agriculture?

Bees are critical pollinators for many fruit, nut, vegetable and seed crops. In fact, bees are responsible for pollinating about one-third of the food crops worldwide. Without bees, agricultural production would be significantly reduced.

Question 5: What ancient civilization built the city of Machu Picchu?

Machu Picchu was built by the Inca civilization around 1450 AD. It is located high in the Andes Mountains in modern-day Peru and is believed to have been a royal estate and religious sanctuary.

Question 6: Why are tennis balls fuzzy?

The fuzz on a tennis ball creates a thin turbulent boundary layer of air that clings to the ball's surface, which slows the ball down as it travels through the air, effectively reducing the speed and power of shots.

Question 7: How many Met Galas have taken place since the event began in 1948?

The Met Gala, formally called the Costume Institute Gala or the Met Ball, is an annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York City. It is one of the most prominent and exclusive social events in the world.

Question 8: Which famous classical composer was deaf when he composed some of his most well-known works?

Beethoven began losing his hearing in his late twenties, and by the last decade of his life he was almost completely deaf. Despite this, he composed many of his most admired works during this period, including his late string quartets and the Ninth Symphony which features the famous "Ode to Joy" chorus in the final movement. Beethoven premiered his Ninth Symphony in 1824, but had to be turned around to see the audience's applause that he could not hear.

Question 9: What term refers to the idea that certain behaviors arise from unconscious desires and are thus kept out of conscious awareness?

According to psychoanalytic theory, repression is a defense mechanism where unacceptable thoughts, memories, or desires are pushed out of conscious awareness to avoid the anxiety they might cause if confronted directly. The repressed material is not forgotten, but is thought to influence behavior unconsciously.

Question 10: Which company became the first publicly traded U.S. company to reach a $1 trillion market cap?

Apple reached a $1 trillion market cap on August 2, 2018, becoming the first U.S. company to do so. Amazon hit the $1 trillion mark just a few weeks later on September 4, 2018.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #380
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
Q 3&7 bad guess, Q 10, I thought it was Amazon. That is the 2nd time I've got it wrong,
See you can't teach an old 🐕 new tricks. 😼 😸

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #380
Question 3: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Many repeated questions helped…
Lucky guess #7
I’m happy 😃 😊🤣

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #380
Question 3: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #380
Question 3: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥

What's a Met Gala? Never heard of it!

Anything science related is my first love, then comes fashion!!
Met Gala is a the annual haute couture fundraising festival held for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute In Manhattan….