SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #376 - 05/06/2024

Question 1: What name is given to the chronic sleep disorder characterized by overwhelming daytime drowsiness?

Narcolepsy is a chronic neurological disorder that affects the brain's ability to control sleep-wake cycles. People with narcolepsy often experience sudden sleep attacks during the day, even during activities such as working, eating or driving.

Question 2: Which element on the periodic table has the chemical symbol Fe?

The chemical symbol Fe comes from the Latin word "ferrum," meaning iron. Iron is a crucial element for life, as it is a key component of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood.

Question 3: How many letters are in the Hawaiian alphabet?

The Hawaiian alphabet, called ka pī'āpā Hawai'i, consists of 13 letters - 5 vowels (a, e, i, o, u) and 8 consonants (h, k, l, m, n, p, w, ʻ). The ʻokina (glottal stop) is considered a consonant.

Question 4: If the Vietnam War is called the "American War" in Vietnam, what do the Vietnamese call the war against the French that preceded it?

The First Indochina War was fought between the French and the Viet Minh from 1946 to 1954. It resulted in Vietnam being divided into North and South Vietnam. The subsequent Vietnam War is known as the Second Indochina War.

Question 5: Who was the first African American woman to win an Academy Award for Best Actress?

Halle Berry won the Best Actress Oscar in 2002 for her role in the film Monster's Ball. She remains the only African American woman to have won in this category as of 2023.

Question 6: When babies are born, approximately how many bones do they have in their bodies?

While adults have 206 bones, babies are born with around 300 bones. Many of a baby's bones are made of cartilage that eventually fuses together and hardens into larger bones as the child grows, resulting in fewer total bones in adulthood.

Question 7: Who was the first woman elected Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?

Margaret Thatcher served as Prime Minister of the UK from 1979 to 1990. She was the longest-serving British prime minister of the 20th century and the first woman to hold that office.

Question 8: If a plant has a lot of stomata, how does it typically regulate its water intake?

Stomata are tiny pores on the surface of leaves that allow for gas exchange and water regulation. When a plant needs to conserve water, it can close its stomata to reduce water loss through transpiration.

Question 9: How much of the world's habitable land is used for agriculture?

Half of the world's habitable land is used for agriculture. This includes both croplands and pastures for livestock grazing. The increasing demand for food as the global population grows puts immense pressure on agricultural land.

Question 10: When Perseus beheaded Medusa, which creature was born from her blood?

In Greek mythology, when Perseus cut off Medusa's head, Pegasus, the legendary winged horse, sprang forth from her blood. Chrysaor, a giant wielding a golden sword, was also born from the blood in some versions of the myth.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #376
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
About average for me lately.

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #376
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

I’m happy 😃 with 80%….but would have been happier with 100%, had no idea about the two I got wrong and my guesses were incorrect….

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #376
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Some difficult questions,lucky to get 5:):rolleyes:

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #376

I'm very happy with this result. Best for a while.

A couple of strange ones here. The way Q1 is worded, technically any of the answers could be correct. Q8 asks how the plant regulates water intake yet the answer relates to how the plant regulates water loss (conserves water).

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #376
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Quest
ion 10: 🟥