SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #373 - 02/06/2024

Question 1: In what year did the Hubble Space Telescope launch into orbit?

The Hubble Space Telescope was launched on April 24, 1990 aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery. It orbits above Earth's atmosphere, capturing extremely sharp images of distant galaxies, planets and stars.

Question 2: What was the name of the first episode of the TV series "Friends"?

The pilot episode of Friends first aired on September 22, 1994. It introduced the six main characters and established the premise of the show. The episode was watched by nearly 22 million viewers.

Question 3: Which musical features the song "Don't Rain on My Parade"?

"Don't Rain on My Parade" is one of the most famous songs from the musical Funny Girl, which premiered on Broadway in 1964 starring Barbra Streisand in the lead role of Fanny Brice. Streisand's rendition of the song became her signature number.

Question 4: Which famous classical composer was deaf when he composed some of his most renowned works?

Beethoven began to lose his hearing in his late twenties, but continued composing masterpieces like his Ninth Symphony even after becoming almost completely deaf. He is considered one of the greatest composers of all time.

Question 5: Which organ in the human body is responsible for producing insulin?

The pancreas is a glandular organ that secretes digestive enzymes and hormones, including insulin which regulates blood sugar levels. Insulin is produced by special cells in the pancreas called islets of Langerhans.

Question 6: Who was the last U.S. President to serve in the military during wartime?

George H. W. Bush enlisted in the U.S. Navy on his 18th birthday in 1942 during World War II. He became one of the youngest aviators in the Navy at the time. Bush flew 58 combat missions and was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for bravery in action.

Question 7: What is the term for a rotating column of air over water?

Waterspouts are similar to tornadoes but form over bodies of water. They are most common in tropical and subtropical waters, such as the Florida Keys and the Bahamas.

Question 8: Who stole fire from the gods to give to humanity, according to Greek mythology?

In Greek mythology, Prometheus was a Titan who defied the gods by stealing fire and giving it to humanity. As punishment, he was chained to a rock and had his liver eaten daily by an eagle, only to have it grow back each night to be eaten again the next day.

Question 9: What composer is known for his "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"?

Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, which translates to "A Little Night Music", is one of Mozart's most famous compositions. It was written in 1787 for a chamber ensemble of two violins, viola, cello and double bass. The piece epitomizes the elegant and melodic style that Mozart was known for.

Question 10: What Christian holiday celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Easter is celebrated on a Sunday, typically in late March or April. The date varies because it is based on the lunar calendar. Easter also has connections to ancient pagan spring festivals.

You got answers correct

Reactions: Leapinglee
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #373
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
Q 7, Tornado, Waterspout, Cyclone & Hurricane.
All four answers form over water, so I believe no answer is incorrect.
🤞🤞:unsure:

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #373
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
Q 7, Tornado, Waterspout, Cyclone & Hurricane.
All four answers form over water, so I believe no answer is incorrect.
🤞🤞:unsure:
Do they all form columns of water? I think that’s the difference. Don’t know for sure.

Reactions: Giovanna57