SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #346 - 06/05/2024

Question 1: When did the character Wonder Woman make her comic book debut?

Wonder Woman first appeared in All Star Comics #8 in October 1941. She was created by psychologist William Moulton Marston to be a strong female superhero and a symbol of women's potential. Wonder Woman has since become one of DC Comics' most iconic characters.

Question 2: Which American author wrote the novel "The Catcher in the Rye"?

"The Catcher in the Rye" was first published in 1951 and has since sold over 65 million copies worldwide. The novel's protagonist, Holden Caulfield, has become an icon for teenage rebellion and angst.

Question 3: Which is the only mammal that can't jump?

Elephants are the only mammal that can't jump. Even though they are incredibly strong, their massive weight makes it impossible for them to get all four feet off the ground at the same time.

Question 4: When was the first successful heart transplant performed?

The first successful human-to-human heart transplant was performed by Dr. Christiaan Barnard in Cape Town, South Africa on December 3, 1967. The patient, Louis Washkansky, survived for 18 days before succumbing to pneumonia.

Question 5: Which Hollywood actor won an Academy Award for his role in the 1987 film Wall Street?

Michael Douglas won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of ruthless corporate raider Gordon Gekko in Wall Street. The film was directed by Oliver Stone and is known for popularizing the phrase "greed is good."

Question 6: If a car's tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light illuminates, what does that indicate about the tire pressure?

The TPMS light comes on when a tire's air pressure drops 25% below the manufacturer's recommended pressure. Driving on underinflated tires can cause uneven wear, reduced fuel economy, and a higher risk of tire failure.

Question 7: Why does lightning always come before thunder?

Light travels at about 186,000 miles per second (300,000 km/s), while sound only travels at about 761 miles per hour (1,225 km/h). So we see the lightning first, then hear the thunder later. The greater the time gap between the lightning and thunder, the farther away the lightning strike is.

Question 8: In which year was the first Peanuts comic strip published?

The first Peanuts comic strip, created by Charles M. Schulz, was published on October 2, 1950 in seven newspapers. The comic strip ran for nearly 50 years until Schulz's death in 2000.

Question 9: What painting movement was Salvador Dalí associated with?

Salvador Dalí was a prominent Spanish surrealist artist known for his striking and bizarre images. His most famous work is probably "The Persistence of Memory," which features melting clocks in a desert landscape.

Question 10: What was the name of the first space station?

Salyut 1 was launched by the Soviet Union on April 19, 1971. It was the first space station of any kind, and the first crewed space station. The station was visited by Soyuz 10 and Soyuz 11, with the Soyuz 11 crew staying aboard for 23 days.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #346
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Filling in time while waiting at the hospital, seems to be taking forever…..
Happy with 80% 😊

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #346
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Filling in time while waiting at the hospital, seems to be taking forever…..
Happy with 80% 😊
80% is a good score l wish I could get a few more of them

Reactions: DLHM
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #346
Question 1: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
Tested positive for covid 2 days ago, wow has it showed it's true colours today.
Got a head like a bucket. Feeling really rotten! Not much fun!! 😾😾.
Still I'm very thankful I was up to date with My COVID shots,
this is what the weak version is like , glad I'm protected from the REAL THING.. 💉💉
No plans on becoming a statistic YET..😼

Tested positive for covid 2 days ago, wow has it showed it's true colours today.
this is what the weak version is like , glad I'm protected from the REAL THING.. 💉💉
Sorry you are not feeling well, hope you are better soon.

Hope you are feeling better soon. I have been lucky and managed to avoid COVID

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #346
Question 2: 🟥