SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #336 - 26/04/2024

Question 1: Why is there no weather on the Moon?

Weather is caused by an atmosphere interacting with a heat source. With no atmosphere, the Moon has no air pressure, moisture or wind, and therefore no weather can form on the lunar surface. The Moon's gravity is too weak to hold onto an atmosphere.

Question 2: How many Oscars has Meryl Streep been nominated for over her career?

Meryl Streep holds the record for the most Academy Award acting nominations. She has won 3 Oscars - for Kramer vs. Kramer (1979), Sophie's Choice (1982), and The Iron Lady (2011).

Question 3: How many laws of thermodynamics are there?

The laws of thermodynamics describe how thermal energy is transferred between systems. They are some of the most important laws in all of physics and chemistry.

Question 4: How many looks are typically included in a runway fashion show?

While the number can vary, most runway shows include between 30-40 looks or "exits". This allows designers to showcase a cohesive collection while keeping the show a reasonable length, usually under 20 minutes.

Question 5: Where did Spider-Man get his superpowers from?

In the original comic book story, Peter Parker gains his spider-like abilities after being bitten by a spider that had been irradiated during a science experiment. The spider bite imbues him with proportional strength, speed, and agility of a spider, as well as a precognitive "spider-sense".

Question 6: If a movie is rated PG-13, how old must you be to see the movie in theaters without an adult?

PG-13 stands for "Parents Strongly Cautioned, Some Material May Be Inappropriate for Children Under 13". This rating was introduced by the MPAA in 1984 as a middle ground between the PG and R ratings.

Question 7: When observing a cell through a microscope, which organelle is responsible for storing water, nutrients and waste?

Vacuoles are membrane-bound organelles found in plant and fungal cells. They play important roles in storing water, nutrients, waste products, and maintaining cell structure and rigidity through turgor pressure. Animal cells also contain smaller vacuoles.

Question 8: If F. Scott Fitzgerald is considered part of the "Lost Generation" of American writers, which group of writers immediately preceded them?

The Muckrakers were a group of American journalists and novelists in the late 19th and early 20th centuries known for their investigative pieces and social criticism, laying the groundwork for the Lost Generation writers like Fitzgerald who came after World War I.

Question 9: Who wrote the novel "The Catcher in the Rye"?

"The Catcher in the Rye" was first published in 1951 and has sold over 65 million copies worldwide. The novel's protagonist Holden Caulfield has become an icon for teenage rebellion and angst.

Question 10: In what year was the first Star Wars movie released?

Star Wars (later retitled Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope) premiered in theaters on May 25, 1977. It was an instant hit and launched one of the most successful movie franchises in history.

You got answers correct

Reactions: Giovanna57
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #336
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
🫤oh well, can’t win ‘em all.

• Wow
Reactions: Da Freddo
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #336
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
Surprise!!!

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #336
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
My first Trivia game.

Question 3: How many laws of thermodynamics are there?​

I rather think that maybe you misclast the answer three is this correct or has the zeroth become a law or is it while an important but nonetheless still an idea? Can you elucidate please.

Thermodynamics has three main laws: the first law, the second law, and the third law. Then there was another law, called the "zeroth law." The law of conservation of mass is also an important idea in thermodynamics, but it is not called law.

Question 3: How many laws of thermodynamics are there?​

I rather think that maybe you misclast the answer three is this correct or has the zeroth become a law or is it while an important but nonetheless still an idea? Can you elucidate please.

Thermodynamics has three main laws: the first law, the second law, and the third law. Then there was another law, called the "zeroth law." The law of conservation of mass is also an important idea in thermodynamics, but it is not called law.

I thought there was only 3, but I got it wrong 😑 ……