SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #33 - 27/06/2023

Question 1: Where can you find the world's tallest commercial bungee jump?

The Macau Tower in Macau, China, stands at 338 meters (1,109 feet) tall and has the world's tallest commercial bungee jump platform at 233 meters (764 feet) high. The jump is operated by AJ Hackett, a pioneer of commercial bungee jumping.

Question 2: Where can you find the national emblem of Australia, which includes a kangaroo and an emu?

The Australian Coat of Arms, which was granted to Australia in 1912, features a shield held up by a kangaroo and an emu. These animals were chosen because they are native to Australia and they can't walk backward, symbolizing the nation's desire to move forward.

Question 3: How many principal virtues are there in Aristotle's virtue ethics?

Aristotle's virtue ethics consists of 12 principal virtues, which he outlines in his book "Nicomachean Ethics". These virtues include courage, temperance, liberality, magnificence, magnanimity, humility, ambition, gentleness, truthfulness, wittiness, friendliness, and justice.

Question 4: When was Australia's last legal execution conducted?

Australia's last legal execution took place in 1967, with the hanging of Ronald Ryan, who was convicted of murdering a prison officer during an escape attempt. Capital punishment was later abolished in Australia between 1973 and 1985, depending on the jurisdiction.

Question 5: Which British author wrote the Harry Potter series?

J.K. Rowling, born Joanne Rowling, published her first Harry Potter book in 1997. The series has since become a worldwide phenomenon, selling over 500 million copies and adapted into a successful film franchise.

Question 6: What is the name of the famous painting by Edvard Munch?

Edvard Munch created "The Scream" in 1893, and it remains one of the most recognizable images in art history. Munch created several versions of the painting in both paint and pastel.

Question 7: What is the largest planet in our solar system?

Jupiter is not only the largest planet in our solar system but also has the most moons, with 79 confirmed moons in total.

Question 8: What popular Australian dessert is made up of layers of sponge cake, chocolate coating, and coconut flakes?

Lamingtons are believed to have been created in the late 19th or early 20th century and are said to be named after Lord Lamington, who served as the Governor of Queensland from 1896 to 1901.

Question 9: Which country is the largest producer of wine?

Italy is the world's largest wine producer, with more than 4.796 million tons of wine produced in 2020 alone. The country is home to over 500 native grape varieties.

Question 10: Who was the longest-reigning pharaoh in Ancient Egypt?

Ramesses II, also known as Ramesses the Great, is believed to have ruled Egypt for 66 years. He was known for his numerous military campaigns, architectural achievements, and longevity.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #33
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

These were my kind of questions .

Question 3 I actually thought it was 14.

I want to recommend a board game Articulate, there are 3 different games and a really good family trivia game.

We have family games night at least once a month .

We also go out as a family including teenage granddaughter's once aweek to pub trivia , eat some great food and have fun playing trivia as a family .

The Macau Tower in Macau, China, stands at 338 meters (1,109 feet) tall and has the world's tallest commercial bungee jump platform at 233 meters (764 feet) high. The jump is operated by AJ Hackett, a pioneer of commercial bungee jumping.

Question 2: Where can you find the national emblem of Australia, which includes a kangaroo and an emu?

The Australian Coat of Arms, which was granted to Australia in 1912, features a shield held up by a kangaroo and an emu. These animals were chosen because they are native to Australia and they can't walk backward, symbolizing the nation's desire to move forward.

Aristotle's virtue ethics consists of 12 principal virtues, which he outlines in his book "Nicomachean Ethics". These virtues include courage, temperance, liberality, magnificence, magnanimity, humility, ambition, gentleness, truthfulness, wittiness, friendliness, and justice.

Australia's last legal execution took place in 1967, with the hanging of Ronald Ryan, who was convicted of murdering a prison officer during an escape attempt. Capital punishment was later abolished in Australia between 1973 and 1985, depending on the jurisdiction.

J.K. Rowling, born Joanne Rowling, published her first Harry Potter book in 1997. The series has since become a worldwide phenomenon, selling over 500 million copies and adapted into a successful film franchise.

Edvard Munch created "The Scream" in 1893, and it remains one of the most recognizable images in art history. Munch created several versions of the painting in both paint and pastel.

Jupiter is not only the largest planet in our solar system but also has the most moons, with 79 confirmed moons in total.

Question 8: What popular Australian dessert is made up of layers of sponge cake, chocolate coating, and coconut flakes?

Lamingtons are believed to have been created in the late 19th or early 20th century and are said to be named after Lord Lamington, who served as the Governor of Queensland from 1896 to 1901.

Italy is the world's largest wine producer, with more than 4.796 million tons of wine produced in 2020 alone. The country is home to over 500 native grape varieties.

Ramesses II, also known as Ramesses the Great, is believed to have ruled Egypt for 66 years. He was known for his numerous military campaigns, architectural achievements, and longevity.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #33
Question 3: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Jarred Santos

You got answers correct
i got 8 . question 10 was wrong . pharaoh Pepi II was the

longest-reigning pharaoh nahh nah LOL . GOOGLE IT​

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #33

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #33
Question 1: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

i got 8 . question 10 was wrong . pharaoh Pepi II was the

longest-reigning pharaoh nahh nah LOL . GOOGLE IT​

Ramesses 11 ruled for 66 years whereas Pepi 11 ruled 64 years , some will say he ruled 90 plus years but tax ledgers confirm 64 years.

He was a cruel man , he made his slaves coat themselves with honey or something similar so flies would be attracted to them and stay away from him.

Maybe he never grew up becoming a Pharaoh at age 6

You got answers correct
Not too good today only 60% must be still asleep!

You got answers correct
Wow, 6/10, that's the best I've got

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #33
Q10 was a rough guess, then i did the google thing as i have always been interested in Eygptology and wondered how long Rameses II was in for (67 years) so i got a suprise when i discovered this other fellow.

Ref Q10: Rameses II is wrong the correct answer was not there - pharaoh Pepi II - But the record for world's longest-ruling monarch belongs to the pharaoh Pepi II, who came to power in ancient Egypt more than four millennia ago (4293 years, to be precise) and remained in power for a full 94 years. Pepi II Neferkare was a pharaoh of the Sixth Dynasty in Egypt's Old Kingdom who reigned from c. 2278 BC. His second name, Neferkare, means "Beautiful is the Ka of Re". He succeeded to the throne at age six, after the death of Merenre I. Pepi II's reign marked a sharp decline of the Old Kingdom.

(According to Google results )

I got 90%- the number of virtues I got wrong, however there have been many lists over the years stating different amounts- so I guessed. Oh well. As Pepi 11 wasn't an option, I chose Ramses 11 as next. But Ramses is the wrong answer.

Ramesses 11 ruled for 66 years whereas Pepi 11 ruled 64 years , some will say he ruled 90 plus years but tax ledgers confirm 64 years.

He was a cruel man , he made his slaves coat themselves with honey or something similar so flies would be attracted to them and stay away from him.

Maybe he never grew up becoming a Pharaoh at age 6
Ramses II, Ramses also spelled Ramesses or Rameses, byname Ramses the Great, (flourished 13th century bce), third king of the 19th dynasty (1292–1190 bce) of ancient Egypt whose reign (1279–13 bce) was the second longest in Egyptian history. My google would tend to diagree . i remember when i was decyphering the heiroglyphics ?????????????????????

Ramses II, Ramses also spelled Ramesses or Rameses, byname Ramses the Great, (flourished 13th century bce), third king of the 19th dynasty (1292–1190 bce) of ancient Egypt whose reign (1279–13 bce) was the second longest in Egyptian history. My google would tend to diagree . i remember when i was decyphering the heiroglyphics ?????????????????????
I love history both ancient and modern and biology .

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #33
Question 4: 🟥