SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #322 - 12/04/2024

Question 1: If the sun is considered a star, what is the closest star system to our solar system?

The Alpha Centauri system is actually a triple star system, consisting of Alpha Centauri A, Alpha Centauri B, and Proxima Centauri. Proxima Centauri is the smallest star in the system and is actually the closest individual star to our solar system at 4.24 light years away.

Question 2: How many different shapes of pasta are there?

There are over 350 different pasta shapes produced worldwide. Pasta comes in a wide variety of forms including long shapes like spaghetti, short shapes like fusilli, shells, bowties, tubes and many other unique designs. Each shape is best suited for holding certain sauces and ingredients.

Question 3: Who was the longest serving US President?

Franklin D. Roosevelt served as the 32nd president of the United States for over 12 years, from 1933 until his death in 1945. He was elected to four consecutive terms, making him the only US president to serve more than two terms.

Question 4: Why did IBM name its chess computer Deep Blue?

IBM's computer was named Deep Blue after the company's logo color. In 1997, Deep Blue famously defeated world chess champion Garry Kasparov, marking a significant milestone in artificial intelligence.

Question 5: In which movie did Tom Hanks play a FedEx employee stranded on an uninhabited island?

Cast Away was released in 2000 and was a critical and commercial success. Hanks' performance earned him a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor. The film's iconic volleyball companion, Wilson, was named after the volleyball manufacturer.

Question 6: In which comic book series did the character Deadpool first appear?

Deadpool made his first appearance in The New Mutants #98, which was published in February 1991. He was originally depicted as a supervillain but evolved into an antihero over time. The Deadpool standalone comic series launched in 1997.

Question 7: How many letters are there in the Hawaiian alphabet?

The Hawaiian alphabet, known as ka pī'āpā Hawai'i, consists of 13 letters: 5 vowels (a, e, i, o, u) and 8 consonants (h, k, l, m, n, p, w, ʻ). The ʻokina (glottal stop) is also considered a consonant in the Hawaiian language.

Question 8: How many parts (approximately) does the average modern car contain?

The complexity of modern automobiles is staggering. The average car has around 30,000 parts, counting every component down to the smallest screws. Some luxury cars can have over 100,000 individual parts. In contrast, the Ford Model T, the first mass-produced automobile, had only about 700 parts.

Question 9: When was the Eiffel Tower completed?

The Eiffel Tower was constructed for the 1889 World's Fair in Paris. It took 2 years, 2 months and 5 days to complete and was intended to only stand for 20 years. However, it has remained one of the most iconic landmarks in Paris and the world to this day.

Question 10: In what year did the first human spaceflight occur?

On April 12, 1961, Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first human to orbit the Earth, making a 108-minute flight in his Vostok 1 spacecraft.

You got answers correct

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #322
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩