SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #321 - 11/04/2024

Question 1: How many companies are part of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA)?

The Dow Jones Industrial Average is a stock market index that tracks 30 large, publicly-owned companies trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Nasdaq. The DJIA is one of the oldest and most widely followed stock market indices.

Question 2: Where was acclaimed author J.R.R. Tolkien born?

While Tolkien spent most of his life in England and is closely associated with Oxford University, he was actually born in Bloemfontein, South Africa in 1892. His family moved back to England when he was 3 years old.

Question 3: What year was the first Star Wars film released?

Star Wars (later retitled Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope) was released on May 25, 1977. It was a groundbreaking film in terms of special effects and became a massive cultural phenomenon, spawning a franchise that now includes numerous sequels, prequels, TV series, books, comics, and video games.

Question 4: What is the main greenhouse gas emitted through human activities?

Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas emitted through human activities. It is released through burning fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, and oil), solid waste, trees and other biological materials, and also as a result of certain chemical reactions (e.g., manufacture of cement).

Question 5: Why is handwashing so important in preventing the spread of infections?

Handwashing with soap and water is one of the most effective ways to remove harmful germs and chemicals from hands, helping prevent their spread to others. The CDC recommends scrubbing hands for at least 20 seconds.

Question 6: In what decade were bell-bottom pants most popular?

Bell-bottom pants, flared at the bottom, were an iconic fashion trend of the 1970s disco era. They were often made of denim and worn by both men and women.

Question 7: When does a caterpillar turn into a butterfly?

Caterpillars undergo a dramatic transformation called metamorphosis inside a protective cocoon or chrysalis during the pupa stage. This is when the caterpillar's body is broken down and reformed into the adult butterfly.

Question 8: When did the musical "Hamilton" first premiere on Broadway?

Hamilton premiered off-Broadway at The Public Theater in February 2015 before transferring to Broadway's Richard Rodgers Theatre in August 2015. Since then, it has become a cultural phenomenon, winning 11 Tony Awards and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama.

Question 9: Why does hydrogen peroxide bubble when it comes in contact with a cut or wound?

Catalase is an enzyme found in nearly all living organisms exposed to oxygen. It catalyzes the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen. This rapid release of oxygen causes the characteristic foaming when hydrogen peroxide is applied to a wound.

Question 10: Which chemical element has the highest melting point?

Carbon, in its diamond form, has the highest melting point of any element at around 7,280°F (4,027°C). Carbon's extremely strong covalent bonds require immense energy to overcome, giving diamond its record-setting melting point.

You got answers correct

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #321
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
I don’t wanna talk about it
🙈

Reactions: MelanieJune
Question 2: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
I'm not happy either.

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #321
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Whoops! Not happy Jan!!!!

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #321
Question 1: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #321
Question 3: 🟩

Could the person responsible for providing the answer to question 10 today, please return to school and repeat Chemistry!!
The answer to #10 is Tungsten W74 has the highest melting point NOT Carbon…so 100% not 90%

Last edited:

Could the person responsible for providing the answers to the questions today, please return to school and repeat Chemistry!!
The answer to #10 is Tungsten W74 has the highest melting point NOT Carbon
Thank you. Now I can boost my score to 5

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #321

Reactions: Jo Piper3

Could the person responsible for providing the answers to the questions today, please return to school and repeat Chemistry!!
The answer to #10 is Tungsten W74 has the highest melting point NOT Carbon
agree and we've had this Q a few times with tungsten as the answer

Reactions: Bullwinkle

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #321
Whoops! Not happy Jan!!!!

Question 10: 🟩
😁

The answer to #10 is Tungsten W74 has the highest melting point NOT Carbon…so 100% not 90%
Thank you, my 5 is now 6!