SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #317 - 07/04/2024

Question 1: Why does "K" stand for Potassium on the periodic table?

The symbol K comes from kalium, the Medieval Latin word for potash, which contains potassium in water-soluble compounds. The chemical symbol for potassium is K, not P, to avoid confusion with the symbol for phosphorus.

Question 2: If a day is the time it takes for a planet to spin once on its axis, how long is one day on Jupiter?

Despite being much larger than Earth, Jupiter spins very quickly, completing a full rotation in just under 10 hours. This fast spin is thought to be a result of Jupiter's formation process and its gaseous composition.

Question 3: In Greek mythology, who was the Queen of the Underworld?

Persephone was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter. She became Queen of the Underworld after being abducted by Hades.

Question 4: Which company became the first U.S. company to reach a $1 trillion market capitalization in 2018?

Apple hit the $1 trillion market cap milestone on August 2, 2018, becoming the first U.S. company to do so. Amazon reached the same valuation a month later on September 4, 2018.

Question 5: Who is considered the "father of modern chemistry"?

Antoine Lavoisier, a French chemist, is widely regarded as the "father of modern chemistry." He discovered the role of oxygen in combustion, helped to establish the law of conservation of mass, and helped to reform chemical nomenclature.

Question 6: When was the first published English dictionary released?

The first English dictionary, "A Table Alphabeticall", was compiled by Robert Cawdrey in 1604. It contained around 3000 words along with their brief definitions. Samuel Johnson's famous "A Dictionary of the English Language" was published much later in 1755.

Question 7: What is the normal resting heart rate for a healthy adult?

A lower resting heart rate can indicate better cardiovascular fitness. For example, highly trained athletes may have a resting heart rate as low as 40 beats per minute.

Question 8: In which novel by George Orwell does "Big Brother" appear?

1984 was published in 1949. The phrase "Big Brother is watching you" has become a popular cultural reference to mass surveillance and authoritarian control.

Question 9: If the Moon were placed on the surface of the United States, approximately how many states would it cover?

The Moon has a diameter of about 2,160 miles. If superimposed on the United States, it would cover approximately 7 states. The Moon is slowly drifting away from Earth at a rate of 1.5 inches per year.

Question 10: What is the real name of Batman's sidekick Robin in most versions of the Batman story?

While there have been several characters who have taken on the mantle of Robin, Dick Grayson was the first and most well-known Robin. He later goes on to become the superhero Nightwing.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #317
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #317
Question 2: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
😁

• Wow
Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #317
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
Whoah! Getting worse!

Question 3: 🟥

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #317
Question 8: 🟥
Whoah! Getting worse!
Me too! These questions are way out of my comfort zone, I am just an old bird with normal knowledge!

Reactions: Da Freddo

Very good score for me!

Reactions: Nevertiki
Q2 is badly worded The answer should be 1 day if read literally
Q9 is garbage If the moon is 2100 km in diameter it would cover almost all states as USA is 2800 wide and only 1600 km deep

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #317

80%…
No idea about #6 - guessed wrongly
#10 - my knowledge of superheroes or anything to do with them is still Zero!!
#7 a complete guess!!!
😊😊