SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #316 - 06/04/2024

Question 1: Where is Angel Falls, the world's highest uninterrupted waterfall, located?

Angel Falls drops over the edge of the Auyán-tepui mountain in the Canaima National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site in the Gran Sabana region of Bolívar State in Venezuela. It plunges 3,212 feet (979 meters), making it the world's highest uninterrupted waterfall.

Question 2: Who was the first surgeon to successfully perform open-heart surgery?

In 1893, Dr. Daniel Hale Williams performed the first successful open-heart surgery, repairing a knife wound in the chest of a young man. This groundbreaking operation took place decades before open-heart surgery became common practice.

Question 3: When is the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah typically celebrated?

The dates of Hanukkah change each year since it follows the Hebrew calendar rather than the Gregorian calendar. Hanukkah commemorates the rededication of the Second Temple in Jerusalem in the 2nd century BCE.

Question 4: How many chambers are there in the human heart?

The human heart has four chambers - two atria and two ventricles. The right atrium receives deoxygenated blood from the body while the left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs. The ventricles pump the blood out to the body and lungs.

Question 5: Where is the Horsehead Nebula located?

The Horsehead Nebula is a dark nebula located in the constellation of Orion. It is approximately 1500 light years from Earth and is one of the most identifiable nebulae due to its shape resembling a horse's head.

Question 6: What major car company was the first to implement the assembly line for mass production?

Henry Ford introduced the first moving assembly line for the mass production of an entire automobile in 1913. This innovation reduced the time it took to build a car from more than 12 hours to one car every one hour and 33 minutes. The assembly line transformed the automotive industry and ushered in an era of mass-produced and more affordable vehicles.

Question 7: Who invented the modern hamburger?

Louis' Lunch, a small lunch wagon in New Haven, Connecticut, is credited with inventing the modern hamburger when Louis Lassen placed ground beef trimmings between two slices of bread for busy local factory workers in 1900.

Question 8: If laid end to end, how many Eiffel Towers would it take to span the English Channel between England and France?

The English Channel is 350 miles (560 km) long at its widest point. The Eiffel Tower stands 324 meters (1,063 ft) tall. So it would take approximately 161 Eiffel Towers laid end to end to span the English Channel.

Question 9: How many years did it take to invent the light bulb after the first experiments by Humphry Davy?

The first experiments with electric light were conducted by Humphry Davy in 1802. However, it wasn't until 1879 that Thomas Edison patented the first commercially successful light bulb, 79 years later. Edison's design was the first to last long enough and be bright enough for practical indoor use.

Question 10: If Hanukkah begins on the 25th day of the Jewish month of Kislev, on what day does it typically end?

Hanukkah lasts for eight days. The Jewish calendar is a lunar calendar, so the exact dates of Hanukkah change from year to year relative to the Gregorian calendar.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #316
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
Cripes! Mostly wild guesses, so could be much worse!
😧

Question 4: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥

Reactions: Nevertiki
Q:8 The English Channel. Is NOT 560 klm "Long at it's widest point" Bearing in mind April Fools day was 6 days ago. I thought I understood the question, But there's no way I understand the answer.

Last edited:
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #316
Question 5: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
Like another Q8 was quite confusing in its answer. Growing up Dover to Calais was 22 miles and I calculated my answer on that and it was wrong.

Q:8 The Eiffel tower. Is NOT 560 klm "Long at it's widest point" Bearing in mind April Fools day was 6 days ago. I thought I understood the question, But there's no way I understand the answer.
The English Channel is approx 34 km wide at narrowest as the question asks (not how long as in the answer with a ridiculous response) At 324m tall it would take approx 105 towers Not sure how they came up with their answer especially if working on 530km length!!

Reactions: Keswickian
I got 3 out of 10 (30%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #316
Question 3: 🟥

Terrible 😢

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #316
Question 1: 🟥
Boohoo! Back to stupid!!! dah!

Q:8 The Eiffel tower. Is NOT 560 klm "Long at it's widest point" Bearing in mind April Fools day was 6 days ago. I thought I understood the question, But there's no way I understand the answer.
A very poorly worded question. The channel is 560km wide. You would be correct if the question was distance from English coast to French coast, that's not a span.

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #316
Question 10: 🟩

The English Channel is approx 34 km wide at narrowest as the question asks (not how long as in the answer with a ridiculous response) At 324m tall it would take approx 105 towers Not sure how they came up with their answer especially if working on 530km length!!
I think they are working it out by the length of the Tunnel which is a lot longer than the width of the Channel?.

Quest
ion 10: 🟥