SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #313 - 03/04/2024

Question 1: Which car company manufactured the first mass-produced hybrid vehicle?

The Toyota Prius, launched in Japan in 1997, was the world's first mass-produced hybrid car. It was released worldwide in 2000. As of 2020, the Prius is sold in over 90 countries and regions.

Question 2: Who was the first actor to portray James Bond in a film?

Sean Connery first portrayed James Bond in the 1962 film Dr. No. He went on to star as 007 in six more films from 1962 to 1983.

Question 3: What material is Wonder Woman's magic lasso made from?

In the comics, Wonder Woman's unbreakable magic lasso was forged by the god Hephaestus from the Golden Girdle of Gaea. It compels anyone bound by it to tell the truth.

Question 4: Where is the world's most visited tourist destination?

France welcomed 89 million visitors in 2019, maintaining its position as the world's top tourist destination. The Eiffel Tower is the most-visited paid monument in the world.

Question 5: How many countries does China share a land border with?

China shares land borders with more countries than any other nation. Its land neighbors are: Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Bhutan, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Mongolia, and North Korea. China also shares maritime boundaries with South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Question 6: Why did William Shakespeare write his plays in blank verse?

Blank verse, which is unrhymed iambic pentameter, was used by Shakespeare to mirror the cadences and flow of natural English speech while still maintaining a heightened, poetic quality in his characters' dialogues.

Question 7: If you visited Ottawa, which animal would you find featured on the Canadian coat of arms?

The coat of arms of Canada has featured a unicorn as a supporter holding the British royal arms since the 1800s. The other supporter animal is a lion holding the French royal arms.

Question 8: Who was the first female African American cartoon character in the U.S.?

Little Susie debuted in 1947 in a series of cartoons called "All-Colored Comedy". She was created by David Wickes and voiced by Hattie McDaniel, best known for her role as Mammy in Gone with the Wind.

Question 9: Where does Batman's sidekick Robin live?

Robin, whose real name is Dick Grayson, was taken in by Bruce Wayne and lives with him at Wayne Manor after his parents were killed. The Manor is a stately residence on the outskirts of Gotham City.

Question 10: Where did musical theatre originate?

The ancient Greeks included music and dance in their stage comedies and tragedies as early as the 5th century BCE. These performances laid the foundation for the modern musical theatre genre that emerged much later.

You got answers correct

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #313
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
Starting to go down again!

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #313
Question 4: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
With you, Fugly. Good questions. Terrible answers.🥺

• Haha
Reactions: Bullwinkle
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #313
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥

The coat of arms of Canada has featured a unicorn as a supporter holding the British royal arms since the 1800s. The other supporter animal is a lion holding the French royal arms. You didn't specify the British Royal arms so why is the lion for the French royal arms wrong arn't they both on the canadian coat of arms. So both answers are correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #313

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #313
Question 7: 🟩

I must say questions 3 - 8 - 9 were complete guesses…
#8 I have never heard of any of these cartoon characters
😊

• Wow
Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #313
Question 2: 🟥