SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #311 - 01/04/2024

Question 1: What is the lightest element on the periodic table?

Hydrogen is the lightest and most abundant chemical element, constituting roughly 75% of the universe's elemental mass. Stars are primarily composed of hydrogen in its plasma state.

Question 2: Where is the highest mountain outside of Asia located?

The highest mountain outside of Asia is Aconcagua in Argentina, which stands at 6,961 meters (22,838 feet) above sea level. It is part of the Andes mountain range.

Question 3: What element has the highest melting point?

Tungsten has the highest melting point of all elements at 3422°C (6192°F). It's used in light bulb filaments and in steel alloys for its strength and high temperature resistance.

Question 4: Where did the Margarita cocktail originate?

The Margarita is one of the most popular cocktails in the world, and it is widely believed to have originated in Mexico. There are various stories about its origin, but one popular account is that it was created in the 1930s or 1940s in Baja California, Mexico. The name "Margarita" is Spanish for daisy, which is also the name of a class of cocktails.

Question 5: What is the primary result of multiplying any number by zero?

In mathematics, any number multiplied by zero always equals zero. This is known as the multiplication property of zero and is a fundamental property in arithmetic.

Question 6: Who is the youngest winner of a Grammy Award?

Blue Ivy Carter, the daughter of Beyoncé and Jay-Z, won her first Grammy at the age of 9 for Best Music Video for "Brown Skin Girl," making her the youngest ever recipient of the award. This surpassed the previous record held by LeAnn Rimes, who won her first Grammy at 14.

Question 7: Where is the largest stock exchange in the world by market capitalization located?

The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) is the largest stock exchange in the world. As of 2023, it has a market capitalization of over $30 trillion, representing a significant portion of the global equity market.

Question 8: What event is widely considered to have sparked the beginning of World War I?

The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria by Gavrilo Princip, a Bosnian Serb nationalist, in Sarajevo on June 28, 1914, is widely regarded as the immediate catalyst for World War I. This event set off a chain reaction of alliances and military mobilizations leading to war.

Question 9: Which company produced the first commercially successful light bulb?

Although Thomas Edison is often credited with the invention of the light bulb, it was the improvement of the incandescent bulb for which he is most famous. Thomas Edison's Electric Light Company, later known as Edison General Electric and then merged to form General Electric, produced the first commercially successful light bulb in the late 19th century.

Question 10: In which organism was the CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing tool first discovered?

CRISPR-Cas9 was initially discovered as a part of the bacterial immune system, where it functions to protect bacteria against viruses. Scientists Jennifer Doudna and Emmanuelle Charpentier were awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2020 for the development of a method for genome editing using CRISPR-Cas9.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #311
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Particularly 😊 to see a few of my favourite type of questions!!!

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #311
Question 2: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

I got 2 out of 10 (20%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #311
Question 1: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

Worst score yet. Think I’ll go back to bed 😂
The registrar of T L C is searching for you,
you can run, but you can't hide.. 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: Nevertiki
Still happy with that!

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #311
Question 7: 🟥

Quest
ion 10: 🟩
Back to 7/10 🤠

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #311
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Dont feel so bad after seeing some other results. 😀 :)

Reactions: Loubeauxarts
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #311
I really fluked it today! Some answers I knew, but others were just a stab in the dark. ☺️

Reactions: Loubeauxarts
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #311
🤩😁

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #311
First day being a member - need to improve Ha ha!

Reactions: cardie