SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #309 - 30/03/2024

Question 1: Who composed the famous four-note opening motif of the Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67?

Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 is one of the most recognized compositions in classical music, first performed in 1808. The opening motif has sometimes been referred to as "Fate knocking at the door."

Question 2: What creature in Japanese mythology is a shapeshifting raccoon dog known for its mischief and trickery?

The Tanuki, or Japanese raccoon dog, is legendary in Japanese folklore. It is reputed to be mischievous and jolly, a master of disguise and shapeshifting, but somewhat gullible and absentminded. Tanuki are also commonly depicted with large testicles, a trait that has become part of humorous folklore.

Question 3: What company produced the Model T, the car that pioneered assembly line production?

The Ford Model T was produced by Ford Motor Company from 1908 to 1927. Introduced by Henry Ford, it is credited with revolutionizing factory production through the introduction of the moving assembly line technique, making cars affordable and accessible to the masses.

Question 4: In human anatomy, what is the name of the longest nerve in the body?

The sciatic nerve runs from the lower back down to the back of each leg. It controls the muscles of the back of the knee and lower leg and provides sensation to the back of the thigh, part of the lower leg, and the sole of the foot.

Question 5: Who was the first woman to be elected as Prime Minister of a country?

Sirimavo Bandaranaike of Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) became the first female prime minister in the world when she was elected in 1960. She was the widow of a previous prime minister, Solomon Bandaranaike.

Question 6: What was the primary purpose of NASA's Cassini-Huygens mission?

The Cassini-Huygens mission was a collaborative project between NASA, the European Space Agency (ESA), and the Italian Space Agency (ASI). It was launched on October 15, 1997, and arrived at Saturn in 2004. The mission provided a wealth of information about Saturn, its rings, and its moons, including Titan, the only known moon with a dense atmosphere and liquid lakes and rivers on its surface. The mission concluded in September 2017 with a deliberate plunge into Saturn’s atmosphere.

Question 7: Who wrote the fantasy novel series "A Song of Ice and Fire," which inspired the TV series "Game of Thrones"?

George R. R. Martin began writing the series in 1991, and it currently includes five published novels with two more planned. The television adaptation, "Game of Thrones," garnered widespread acclaim and introduced the intricate storylines and characters to a global audience.

Question 8: Which ancient civilization built the city of Machu Picchu?

Machu Picchu is an iconic stone city constructed by the Inca civilization in the 15th century. It is located in the Eastern Cordillera of southern Peru on a 2,430-meter mountain ridge. It was not widely known until it was brought to international attention by the archaeologist Hiram Bingham in 1911.

Question 9: When was the novel "1984" by George Orwell first published?

George Orwell's "1984" is a dystopian novel that introduced terms like "Big Brother" and "Orwellian" into the English lexicon. It was published on June 8, 1949, and has since become a classic, with its themes of surveillance and totalitarianism remaining relevant.

Question 10: Which movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2000?

"Gladiator," directed by Ridley Scott and starring Russell Crowe, won the Academy Award for Best Picture at the 73rd Oscars held in 2001, for films released in 2000. The movie was an epic historical drama set in the Roman empire and had a significant impact on reviving the interest in films based on ancient history.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #309
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

😊😊

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #309
Question 2: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #309

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #309
Question 1: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Pretty shit haa. :(

Quest
ion 10: 🟥
Hangs head in embarrassment 😣

Quest
ion 10: 🟥
Hangs head in embarrassment 😣

Same to you Loubeauxarts….tomorrow’s another day, sun will still come up and set as usual….

Reactions: Loubeauxarts
Question 5: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩