SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #305 - 26/03/2024

Question 1: Where is the oldest existing parliament in the world located?

The Althing, Iceland's parliament, was established in 930 AD. It is acknowledged as the oldest still-operating parliament in the world.

Question 2: How many generations of the Porsche 911 have there been as of 2023?

The Porsche 911 has been produced since 1963, and as of 2023, it has seen 8 distinctive generational changes, known by enthusiasts and the company as 911 Classic (1963–1989), 964 (1989–1994), 993 (1994–1998), 996 (1998–2004), 997 (2004–2012), 991 (2011–2019), 992 (2019–present), reflecting the ongoing improvements and design evolutions that have kept it at the forefront of sports cars.

Question 3: In which city would you find the Guggenheim Museum designed by Frank Lloyd Wright?

The Guggenheim Museum in New York City was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and is one of the 20th century's most important architectural landmarks. Opened to the public in 1959, it's known for its unique spiral design and is an iconic symbol of modernist architecture.

Question 4: In what year was the World Wide Web first introduced to the public?

Although the concept of the World Wide Web was proposed by Tim Berners-Lee in 1989, it was first made available to the public in 1991. This innovation revolutionized the way information is shared and accessed around the world.

Question 5: In which year was the tomb of Tutankhamun discovered?

The tomb of the young pharaoh Tutankhamun—often referred to as King Tut—was discovered by Howard Carter in the Valley of the Kings in 1922. This discovery was one of the most significant archaeological finds because the tomb was largely intact and filled with treasures, which provided immense insights into the burial practices and culture of ancient Egypt.

Question 6: The Kimono is a traditional attire originating from which country?

Kimono translates to "thing to wear" in Japanese. It is a traditional Japanese garment characterized by long sleeves and a belt. The kimono has been worn for centuries in Japan and has evolved through complex cultural traditions related to formal occasions, seasons, and the wearer's age and marital status.

Question 7: What is the term for the seasonal wind shift that brings significant rainfall to parts of Asia?

Monsoons are seasonal reversals in wind direction that cause wet and dry seasons in Asia and other parts of the world. The term is traditionally used specifically for the seasonal wind shift over the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia which happens around April or May and can last until September.

Question 8: Which language family does English belong to?

English is part of the Germanic family of languages, which also includes German, Dutch, and the Scandinavian languages. Its vocabulary has been significantly influenced by Latin and Romance languages, particularly French, due to historical events such as the Norman Conquest.

Question 9: In which year was the first iPhone released?

The first iPhone was announced by Steve Jobs on January 9, 2007, during an Apple keynote at the Macworld Conference & Expo in San Francisco. It was later released on June 29, 2007. The iPhone was a revolutionary product that combined a mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications device.

Question 10: What is the name of the ship that transported the main characters in the movie "Titanic"?

RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early morning of 15 April 1912, after colliding with an iceberg during its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City. The "Titanic" film, released in 1997 and directed by James Cameron, dramatizes the event and follows characters Jack and Rose.

You got answers correct

Reactions: nunna and JackiW
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #305
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #305
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
Drat. 🤨Q.10 just HAD be a trick question … didn’t it! Grrrr.

Reactions: Face-to-face
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #305
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩