SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #301 - 22/03/2024

Question 1: How many Tony Awards has the play "Hamilton" won?

"Hamilton" won 11 Tony Awards in 2016, including Best Musical. It was nominated for a record-breaking 16 awards, just one shy of matching the record for the most Tonys ever won by a single production, which is held by "The Producers" with 12 wins.

Question 2: Where can you find the tallest building in the world as of 2023?

The Burj Khalifa in Dubai holds the record for the tallest building in the world, standing at 828 meters (2,717 feet). It was completed in 2010 and has since been an iconic symbol of Dubai's rapid development.

Question 3: When were genetically modified crops first commercially grown?

The first genetically modified (GM) crops were commercially grown in 1994, with the Flavr Savr tomato being the first to reach the market. GM crops were developed to increase yield, improve resistance to pests and diseases, and enhance the nutrition of the crops. The adoption of GM crops has been a topic of much debate regarding its benefits, risks, and impact on the environment and food security.

Question 4: What is the name of the international criminal police organization that facilitates cooperation among national police forces?

Interpol, short for International Criminal Police Organization, was established in 1923 and now includes 194 member countries. It facilitates cross-border police cooperation and provides support for organizations that prevent and combat international crime.

Question 5: Where in the human body is the femur located?

The femur is the longest and strongest bone in the human body, connecting the hip to the knee. It plays a major role in supporting the body's weight and allowing for a wide range of motion in leg movement.

Question 6: Which rock is formed by the solidification of lava above ground?

Basalt is a common extrusive igneous rock formed from the rapid cooling of basaltic lava exposed at or very near the surface of a planet or moon. It is often found in volcanic regions and is one of the rocks that make up the oceanic crust.

Question 7: Which plant is known for its ability to survive long periods without water?

Cacti are succulents that can store water in their stems and leaves, making them well adapted to arid environments. They are native to the Americas, where they thrive in desert and other dry areas.

Question 8: The Beaufort Scale is used to measure what?

The Beaufort Scale was created by Sir Francis Beaufort in the early 1800s to estimate wind force. It ranges from 0 (calm) to 12 (hurricane). Originally it was based on the effect of the wind on a full-rigged man-of-war, the main type of ship in the Royal Navy, for which Beaufort was a Royal Navy officer.

Question 9: Where is the largest concentration of ozone found in Earth's atmosphere?

The largest concentration of ozone is found in the Stratosphere, in a region commonly known as the ozone layer. This layer plays a critical role in absorbing the majority of the sun's harmful ultraviolet radiation.

Question 10: What is the process by which plants produce food using sunlight called?

Photosynthesis is the process plants and other organisms use to convert light energy into chemical energy that can later be released to fuel the organism's activities. This chemical energy is stored in carbohydrate molecules, such as sugars, which are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #301
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
Hafta keep trying for 10/10 😅

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #301
Question 3: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #301
Question 9: 🟩

Not thinking correctly this morning…very late night!!

Reactions: Nevertiki
Question 6: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
WOW! I must have slept well last night. hahaha.

Reactions: Bullwinkle
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #301
Question 1: 🟩

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #301

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #301

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #301. Having a stressful morning!
HQuestion 1: 🟥

First time 100% and only 1 guess 😀

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #301
🫤

A perfect score aided by six science related question and correct one guess - Hamilton.

Question 6 took five minutes to work out, extracting the depths of my geological "knowledge" which I haven't used since 1975!

Reactions: DLHM